The DUP

Blootoon87

10 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Fair play to them for knowing how to build a huge tower of pallets. 

image.thumb.jpeg.db981250e939ec524c0a3dec2c18644f.jpeg

Due to Brexit (which these mental defectives support) there's both a serious pallet shortage in the UK and the cost of pallet timber has risen more than 50%.

Burning pallets doesn't seem like a very patriotic thing to do.

Reconditioned used UK pallets are about a tenner a pop - how much is that bonfire worth?

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

Due to Brexit (which these mental defectives support) there's both a serious pallet shortage in the UK and the cost of pallet timber has risen more than 50%.

Reconditioned used UK pallets are about a tenner a pop - how much is that bonfire worth?

The reputation and credibility of the community.

19 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You're on a very slippery slope if you decide to ban people from standing for office on the basis of their genuinely held, if misguided and entirely stupid, beliefs. It's fine to say that the SNP shouldn't still be putting him forward to contest seats, but to say he can't stand for office at all is totally different.

As soon as you do that, you have to come up with a list of things which you think should prevent people from standing for election, and you immediately end up tying yourself in knots.

I agree with you, btw, hence why the 'imo'. Obviously you can't stop (the majority) of people standing for election. It's very disappointing to see someone with such clearly incorrect views not only being patronised by their party but by the electorate in his constituency. Mason has a history of this nonsense though, it's not a new problem.

It simply underlines the sheer perniciousness of religious views in politics, there should never be a decision to be made on whether it's your electorate or your religion that guides you. Sadly it seems Mason has chosen the latter, being a pro lifer and religious homophobe.

14 hours ago, strichener said:

Just wondering if this is the honeypot thread for idiots?

image.png.122c03a948b740b46e2fd32bdc80bce9.png

Obviously is.

You are here, so it clearly worked.

Interesting that you are in full on defence mode for the DUP when the topic was about the SNP/Greens. When provided that opportunity to continue your crazy defence you decide not to. The astute may suggest you had no actual point to make, was wrong in your previous comments and are now keeping very quiet in the dedicated thread because you've already made yourself look even more out of touch.

If anything you not commenting on this thread means it worked perfectly.

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Pallet timber price increases have almost nothing to do with Brexit, and are rising across the EU:

https://www.fefpeb.eu/wooden-packaging/timber-pallet-price-indices

This is pretty much the case for all construction materials at the moment. Prices are through the roof.

4 hours ago, G51 said:

Pallet timber price increases have almost nothing to do with Brexit, and are rising across the EU:

https://www.fefpeb.eu/wooden-packaging/timber-pallet-price-indices

This is pretty much the case for all construction materials at the moment. Prices are through the roof.

Thanks for sharing a chart that shows pallet prices in the UK are vastly higher than in Italy, Germany and the Netherlands.

If you don't think timber price increases in the UK have anything to do with Brexit you're kidding yourself on. You know we're the third biggest importer of timber in the world?

And the pallet shortage, specifically, is definitely Brexit.

Covid has allowed Brexit apologists no end of excuses. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Northern Ireland isn't having the same supply shortages as GB.

Out of interest, where do you get your pallets for the bonfires? Are they damaged ones that get given away?

On 24/08/2021 at 02:52, GordonS said:

This thread has been useful for one thing anyway.

I keep seeing pallets lying about Edinburgh.

Tenner a pop eh...

I see the UK Government is looking to fast-track the intro of even longer commercial vehicles on British roads to try and address the current haulage crisis.  That should work wonderfully well on rural roads and congested and degrading urban routes.

You really wonder who comes up with this stuff - is Clarkson now an adviser ?

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I see the UK Government is looking to fast-track the intro of even longer commercial vehicles on British roads to try and address the current haulage crisis.  That should work wonderfully well on rural roads and congested and degrading urban routes.

Paid peanuts, expensive tests, expensive insurance, long hours, loneliness...the government haven't got a clue on how to fix this other than coming up with some scheme to get the eastern European drivers back.

P0d7tq.gif

I'm sorry if I'm missing something blindingly obvious but where has he done that? I get he loves pedantry and the like but attempting to provide clarification or context for a claim (even if he's wrong) doesn't come close to calling someone good guys. Have I missed a post somewhere else?
He didn't say it.

5 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

This thread is just getting too confusing to follow now. Are the DUP kidnapping lorry drivers? Would not surprise me.