• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:03, Jacksgranda said:

He hasn't gone away you know.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46476105

"respect", "integrity", "reaching out" etc

4 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Just needs a wee sweetener now to get the backing of a local community leader to shore up support. Maybe he should ask his pal Marty Miller for a few tips?

There's bound to be money left in the Northern Bank Pension and Good Causes Fund...

What's the latest on Stormont? Nae chance of an executive still?

Take it the SDLP and UUP are still slumping in the polls. I know it's a complex place, but how can they not just get everyone bar the big two in a grand NI govt? SDLP, UUP, Alliance, Green, Independent etc?

Time to shut it down? 

38 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Take it the SDLP and UUP are still slumping in the polls. I know it's a complex place, but how can they not just get everyone bar the big two in a grand NI govt? SDLP, UUP, Alliance, Green, Independent etc?

Time to shut it down? 

No closer to a govt.

Basically there would be no point in having it without the big 2. Personally I think it's dead and gone,nobody involved wants to work with each other and even if by some miracle they did get it back 6 months down the line there'd be something else that'd break it up.

1 hour ago, Kejan said:

Time to shut it down? 

No.  It’s a democratically elected assembly and if it takes the people 5 years or 50 years to question the sanity of those they vote for then so be it.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46544784

Ian Paisley junior seems to have forgotten to declare another all expenses paid holiday.

Glad you posted that, he and the DUP members whose families made a fortune out of the fuel scam have been working against the interests and will of the people of Northern Ireland. It's time they were called out for it. Northern Ireland is not getting a voice over Brexit because of having problems with translating parking fines. I'm not saying that Sinn Fein aren't equally obstructionist, but if I was an Ulster voter I'd be fucking raging.