The DUP

Blootoon87

11 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Terrorists supporting (Yes), racist (Depending on definition) , bigots (Yes) ,white supremacist (Prob not), climate denying (no idea),anti abortion (Yes), sectarian (Yes) Bible thumping (yes) rangers fans (obviously not)

So not like them on quite a number of issues.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I've seen it mentioned somewhere else that the Good Friday Agreement requires the British and Irish governments to be neutral towards all Nothern Irish parties, and thus any deal between the Tories and DUP would be in violation. 

But I can't find the exact clause. Anyone with a better knowledge of the GFA than me able to shed any light?

I've seen it mentioned somewhere else that the Good Friday Agreement requires the British and Irish governments to be neutral towards all Nothern Irish parties, and thus any deal between the Tories and DUP would be in violation. 

But I can't find the exact clause. Anyone with a better knowledge of the GFA than me able to shed any light?

Never heard of that so I would very much doubt it.

The UK declared and signed up to the fact that it had no strategic interest in Northern Ireland remaining part of the UK and the republic relinquished the clause in its constitution that it had a legitimate claim on Northern Ireland.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

People need to step away from the whole "they support terrorists" thing and look at actual party stuff.

Unfortunately the DUP party stuff is fucking mental.

I'm absolutely fine with the flinging shite and flogging the "they support terrorists" line...

...that's what the Tories and their attack dogs in the media have been doing to Corbyn.

They are lying, duplicitous b*****ds and it's time that their constant and institutional undermining of the democratic process is thrown back at them.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

I think it refers to the Northern Ireland secretary appointment who must mediate between both communities. Legally, I don't think there's an issue with the DUP supporting a Tory government.

Practically, it's an absolute clusterfuck which has to be very very sensitively managed from the outset. Any appearance of over reaching and disfranchising the other side and you could see riots on the streets and maybe even Conservative members turn on their government if they ever felt the GFA was in jeopardy.

I think it's quite likely that there will be some worries behind closed doors and potentially a power struggle within government to offer the Lib Dems concessions on Brexit in exchange for approval of a confidence vote.

I'm absolutely fine with the flinging shite and flogging the "they support terrorists" line...
...that's what the Tories and their attack dogs in the media have been doing to Corbyn.
They are lying, duplicitous b*****ds and it's time that their constant and institutional undermining of the democratic process is thrown back at them.

Nah politics is better when people rise above that shite. One of the things that has been outstanding to observe about Jezza is him refusing to stoop to that level

1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

Nah politics is better when people rise above that shite. One of the things that has been outstanding to observe about Jezza is him refusing to stoop to that level

He won't have to though.

I don't mind it as an antithesis to the propaganda in the press.  If it can be thrown back at them, shared and seen by enough people, then maybe they'll do the decent thing and start telling the truth.

Or fold.  Either would be fine by me.

14 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I think it refers to the Northern Ireland secretary appointment who must mediate between both communities. Legally, I don't think there's an issue with the DUP supporting a Tory government.

Practically, it's an absolute clusterfuck which has to be very very sensitively managed from the outset. Any appearance of over reaching and disfranchising the other side and you could see riots on the streets and maybe even Conservative members turn on their government if they ever felt the GFA was in jeopardy.

I think it's quite likely that there will be some worries behind closed doors and potentially a power struggle within government to offer the Lib Dems concessions on Brexit in exchange for approval of a confidence vote.

Just need to make sure they don't piss off the militant elements of either side. The last thing the UK needs is a bunch of White Christians going terrorist again. We've only just managed to convince ourselves that it's only the Muslims who are capable of that.

23 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Genuine question, but I thought they were fans of the UDA? Or, at least, weren't particularly critical of them?

They will never be supporters of terrorism although many would say that Paisley used them when it suited,for example the time he punted a load of Nationalists from North Belfast with what was basically a lynch mob. As for the UDA then not in its more recent guise no.How many tears they shed after a Catholic was killed i don't know but they have never backed a terrorist organisation.

27 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Scottish Labour + Scottish Tories = May and DUP in power.

:shutup

TORY DUP.jpg

Not even a particularly good job with photoshop. If you want something genuine to rant about on this, google what Emma Pengelly's dad got up to in the 1980s given she is now the MP for Belfast South.