SFA South Region Challenge Cup 2017-18

Rab B Nesbit

2 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Back to my original question, anyone heard where the final is? I may need to suffer a weekend away with wife if I don’t find out soon! :)

Last I heard still no decision on the venue. Probably waiting to see the outcome of Civil v Vale semi before they announce it. All a bit amateur hour.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, MichaelJayPark said:

The location for the final's been picked - it looks like it's going to be at Olivebank Stadium, home of Musselburgh Athletic.

Olivebank Stadium. This will be my first time visiting.  Can any of the PnB regulars tell me what to expect? What's the ground like do they have a social club? etc

13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

There is a clubhouse IIRC. Shed one side, open terrace other. No seating.

Nobody tell NewcastleBroon though - that's yet another junior (about to become senior) venue, so he'll not be happy!

Cheers Hibee!

2 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Olivebank Stadium. This will be my first time visiting.  Can any of the PnB regulars tell me what to expect? What's the ground like do they have a social club? etc

Chairman’s missus was a bit fierce last time we were there (allegedly) :whistle

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Nobody tell NewcastleBroon though - that's yet another junior (about to become senior) venue, so he'll not be happy!

Jeezo Yer worse than wor lass man for misreading or remembering quotes  :lol:

A stadium wi no seats for a cup final and there's been hundreds upon hundreds o pages aboot grounds on numerous threads on here. I best keep my mouth shut :lol::shutup

2 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Is the store club still open, if it is then that's handy. 

Ship Inn by the harbour probably handy as well. :guinness

Good luck to both teams in the final . 

Civil Service Strollers 4-2 Vale of Leithen (aet - FT 2-2)

Vale's disappointment was tempered by the news that Cowdenbeath's comeback against Cove preserved their LL status for next season.

Final:

Sunday 20th May at Olivebank, Musselburgh
BSC Glasgow v Civil Service Strollers

Re-enactment of 2014-15's SCC final.

On 5/11/2018 at 15:33, HibeeJibee said:

I would wager if Kelty reach the final the King Cup will be held at Hill of Beath^_^

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would wager if Kelty reach the final the King Cup will be held at Hill of Beath^_^

Actually occurred to me when driving back from Cowdenbeath via Hill of Beath and Crossgates to miss the traffic, so I went online to see if they were home or away a week on Saturday...

... unfortunately their fixtures are only out for the coming week, so I was no further forward :lol:!

Actually occurred to me when driving back from Cowdenbeath via Hill of Beath and Crossgates to miss the traffic, so I went online to see if they were home or away a week on Saturday...

... unfortunately their fixtures are only out for the coming week, so I was no further forward :lol:!

39 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Have to say I was thinking the same thing.:)

King cup has been won by four Fife teams, weird thing is Dunfermline Athletic aren't one of the four.;)

It seems that that the  EOSL are rewarding junior sides who are moving over Blackburn and Easthouses have both had finals. Crowd wise it would make sense having a final involving Kelty being played there would get a good attendance, either that or Humbug Park.

Away on the 19th, two home/one away still to go after that so unless there's a home game midweek, looks like the 26th is at home.

On 12/05/2018 at 23:19, cowdenbeath said:

It seems that that the  EOSL are rewarding junior sides who are moving over Blackburn and Easthouses have both had finals. Crowd wise it would make sense having a final involving Kelty being played there would get a good attendance, either that or Humbug Park.

Broxburn?? 

I know what you mean though. 

16 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Hill of Beath at home to the 26th so won't be them hosting the King Cup. Could be Kelty v Preston so somewhere in Edinburgh?

Craigroyston it is then :whistle

17 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Hill of Beath at home to the 26th so won't be them hosting the King Cup. Could be Kelty v Preston so somewhere in Edinburgh?

In conspiracy theories the juniors probably gave the Haws a home game to foil attempts of a possible final there:lol:

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Broxburn?? 

Home v Dundonald.

Hosted 2015-16 EOS Qualifying Cup, tbf, EK-Spartans.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Craigroyston it is then :whistle

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jp

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Edinburgh United or Dalkeith Thistle don't have a game on the 26th...

Crossgates, neither.

Not sure how to break this to NB ;)...

... but after tonight's results the Preston Athletic twitter reports the King Cup Final between Kelty Hearts & Preston Athletic will be played at (the fittingly named) Kings Park in Dalkeith next Saturday at 2:30pm. Once again a Junior ground - although once again one turning senior imminently, tbf.

8 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

... but after tonight's results the Preston Athletic twitter reports the King Cup Final between Kelty Hearts & Preston Athletic will be played at (the fittingly named) Kings Park in Dalkeith next Saturday at 2:30pm. Once again a Junior ground - although once again one turning senior imminently, tbf.

Hmmmm seems like a few back handers in broon envelopes been handed oot when you accepted these new teams :thumsup2

Anyways EOS forum for this pish :offtopic :P

8 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Keeping up the trend this season with new members stepping over from the juniors getting rewarded with a final. I'll be over at this never been at Kings Park for years.

Archived