Sign in to follow this  
gogsy

Kelty Hearts 17/18 thread

Congratulations to Kelty, commiserations to LTHV.

It was an excellent game between 2 strong teams before a bumper crowd.

Indeed I struggle to think of a larger EOSL crowd in recent times.

Well done lads some tussle for the title. No doubt quite a few junior fans on here pissed off that you won as they would have been hoping you failed after leaving them:lol:

25 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Congratulations to Kelty, commiserations to LTHV.

It was an excellent game between 2 strong teams before a bumper crowd.

Indeed I struggle to think of a larger EOSL crowd in recent times.

Must be the biggest EOSL crowd of modern times. While researching Cowden reserves title winning season in 69/70 a game at Arbroath attracted 1500 at Gayfield according to the Arbroath Herald of the day, very changed times:lol:

Eight of todays squad have been here last four seasons winning three league championships, add another one for Conrad from 2002/3 thats a hell of a load of medals. Also shows there is loyalty from players as well if they are treated well.

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Well done lads some tussle for the title. No doubt quite a few junior fans on here pissed off that you won as they would have been hoping you failed after leaving them:lol:

They’re a funny lot these juniors, hopefully we’ve got the nice happy ones making the switch to the promised land next season, leaving the bitter, twisted frothy moothed ones to stew in their own piss 

Eight of todays squad have been here last four seasons winning three league championships, add another one for Conrad from 2002/3 thats a hell of a load of medals. Also shows there is loyalty from players as well if they are treated well.

Aye, loyalty

1 minute ago, Thewhitepele said:

Aye, loyalty emoji383.pngemoji383.pngemoji383.pngemoji383.pngemoji383.pngemoji383.png

Did you miss the treated well part. ;)

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Must be the biggest EOSL crowd of modern times. While researching Cowden reserves title winning season in 69/70 a game at Arbroath attracted 1500 at Gayfield according to the Arbroath Herald of the day, very changed times:lol:

I'd be useless at guesstimating a crowd of today's size - but word going round included 1,000 or 1,200 or 1,500 (unlikely)... I can't remember if a crowd was issued for Kelty v Bonnyrigg last season, I was there and today's seemed slightly larger.

In EOSL terms, I suspect it was the biggest in a generation... When the Border teams were still winning leagues in the 1970s and 1980s, apparently crowds into 4 figures could be expected for title matches - plus South Qualifying Cup finals and so on - but nothing immediately jumps to mind since then. More recent title deciders, the return of Gretna, Spartans-Whitehill derbies and so forth all got crowds in solid hundreds but not 4 figures IIRC.

5 minutes ago, Thewhitepele said:

Aye, loyalty emoji383.pngemoji383.pngemoji383.pngemoji383.pngemoji383.pngemoji383.png

Top marks to the Kelty PA for playing Abba's "Money Money Money" shortly after FT, btw.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

I'd be useless at guesstimating a crowd of today's size - but word going round included 1,000 or 1,200 or 1,500... I can't remember if a crowd was issued for Kelty v Bonnyrigg last season, but I was there and today's seemed slightly larger.

In EOSL terms, I suspect it was the biggest in a generation... When the Border teams were still winning leagues in the 1970s and 1980s, apparently crowds into 4 figures could be expected for title matches - plus South Qualifying Cup finals and so on - but nothing immediately jumps to mind since then. More recent title deciders, the return of Gretna, Spartans-Whitehill derbies and so forth all got crowds in solid hundreds but not 4 figures IIRC.

Top marks to the Kelty PA for playing Abba's "Money Money Money" shortly after FT, btw.

Crowds last season v Hill of Beath and Kilwinning in SJC were 900+ , looking at the highlights it seems to be substantially more than those games.

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I'd be useless at guesstimating a crowd of today's size - but word going round included 1,000 or 1,200 or 1,500 (unlikely)... I can't remember if a crowd was issued for Kelty v Bonnyrigg last season, I was there and today's seemed slightly larger.

My mate who was there reckoned on 1200.

He also mentioned the guys choice of music at the final whistle:lol:

Edited by cowdenbeath

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

My mate who was there reckoned on 1200.

He also mentioned the guys choice of music at the final whistle:lol:

Guy doing the music is a big ABBA fan:)

‘Money talks’ by neil diamond as well

16 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

They’re a funny lot these juniors, hopefully we’ve got the nice happy ones making the switch to the promised land next season, leaving the bitter, twisted frothy moothed ones to stew in their own piss 

To be honest I watch games at all levels when not watching Cowden, LL , EOSL and the juniors and the odd dip into English non league. The seeth about Kelty was a bit OTT on here.

Just now, surely not! said:

‘Money talks’ by neil diamond as well emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

An Abba and Neil Diamond fan is it still the 1970s up there:lol: should have chucked in the Flying Lizzards for good measure

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

To be honest I watch games at all levels when not watching Cowden, LL , EOSL and the juniors and the odd dip into English non league. The seeth about Kelty was a bit OTT on here.

They’ve played an absolute blinder here, so far anyway, can’t see what’s not to like 

Congrats to Kelty for doing what they set out to do and proving so many 'haters' in the junior ranks wrong.

If only Bo'ness had the foresight of Kelty.......