Benburb Ground suitability

codofthenorth

23 hours ago, andy25 said:

15 miles from Auchinleck to Kilmarnock . What about Talbot going to Livingston to play Shotts and Linlithgow Rose ?

It certainly  puts that wee African girl on the advert walking for water in to perspective.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/06/2017 at 19:26, andy25 said:

15 miles from Auchinleck to Kilmarnock . What about Talbot going to Livingston to play Shotts and Linlithgow Rose ?

I can't remember any club ever moaning about how far it was from their home to Hampden when it was played there.

Not that it happens very often, (twice in sixty odd years) but an Aberdeen based club would I am sure be quite happy to travel to somewhere in the Central area if they were to reach the final. Even if their opponents were only travelling a quarter of the distance. The journey by road nowadays is a lot quicker by road than it was in the 1950's and 60's, or even the 80's or 90's..

While I'm at it, can I have a moan about having to travel 60 miles to Perth every year for the AGM when its right on the doorstep for Jeanfield and Kinnoull?

final should be played over two games home and away .the team that wins gets two points ' a draw one point .if both teams end up with two points each a play off game will be played at elgin to find a winner ! solved

12 minutes ago, eamonn said:

final should be played over two games home and away .the team that wins gets two points ' a draw one point .if both teams end up with two points each a play off game will be played at elgin to find a winner ! solved

finally a sensible suggestion. 

an even better solution would be to scrap this meaningless cup. this cup is a major part of the end of season fixture shambles  as competitions have to be rushed  to find winnerst leaving teams with no chance of qualifying waiting  on fixtures.

Haw haw haw haw haw.

Ayrshire clubs get it tight right enough.

Practically every year the Scottish is at Rugby Park no matter the finalists and you've got to laugh at the suggestion that suggests Peasy's park is too close to Perthshire when we got sent through from Musselburgh to play Auchinleck 7/8 miles up the road from them in both finals we've made.  

You also get some people moaning (including me as a Kilmarnock fan) that Rugby Park isn't a suitable venue for the Junior Cup Final (too big, plastic park, no leg room) so it's no surprise to see complaints about Benburb.

ETA - If an 18,000 seater stadium that has hosted Scotland international games at both football and rugby isn't good enough for the Junior Cup then it shows you that the beaks will never keep everyone happy.

Archived