Benburb Ground suitability

codofthenorth

Haw haw haw haw haw.

Ayrshire clubs get it tight right enough.

Practically every year the Scottish is at Rugby Park no matter the finalists and you've got to laugh at the suggestion that suggests Peasy's park is too close to Perthshire when we got sent through from Musselburgh to play Auchinleck 7/8 miles up the road from them in both finals we've made.  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got no idea if Petershill Park was available or not for Saturday, but the last two weekends it has had 12 amateur and boys finals played on it over the Saturday and Sundays so it may well have been booked.

10 minutes ago, RobM said:

Haw haw haw haw haw.

Ayrshire clubs get it tight right enough.

Practically every year the Scottish is at Rugby Park no matter the finalists and you've got to laugh at the suggestion that suggests Peasy's park is too close to Perthshire when we got sent through from Musselburgh to play Auchinleck 7/8 miles up the road from them in both finals we've made.  

Scottish Cup Final venue is decided by SJFA. This is the a West region issue so not comparable

6 minutes ago, andy25 said:

15 miles from Auchinleck to Kilmarnock . What about Talbot going to Livingston to play Shotts and Linlithgow Rose ?

That's a marathon right enough, I don't know how you'd all cope in a big place like Livi.  Ayrshire fans are not poorly treated, the suggestion is laughable.

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Scottish Cup Final venue is decided by SJFA. This is the a West region issue so not comparable

It is when the suggestion is somehow that FA's have it in for Ayrshire fans, that's palpable nonsense.

12 minutes ago, RobM said:

It is when the suggestion is somehow that FA's have it in for Ayrshire fans, that's palpable nonsense.

I suggest you look up when the WOS Cup Final was last played in Ayrshire despite their being many Ayrshire teams in the final and plenty all Ayrshire Finals (Talbots last three were against other Ayrshire teams) and tell me its nonsense

So the West of Scotland has to be played at Pollok now Evening Times has to be played in Central region. Ayrshire clubs should just not enter them lol.

On the subject of final venues as usually on here there is the claims that every final is played at Newlandsfield.

So this season....
Benburb
Pollok
Cambuslang x2

Not disputing that the Times could have been played in Ayrshire - I suppose the problem they may have is what parks are still willing to take a final after their season has ended and work has started for next season - maybe Largs - nice trip to the seaside in June with a final thrown in!

Not disputing that the Times could have been played in Ayrshire - I suppose the problem they may have is what parks are still willing to take a final after their season has ended and work has started for next season - maybe Largs - nice trip to the seaside in June with a final thrown in!

Irvine meadow were willing to host this sat final

Won't matter anyway once the flares go off you will be struggling to see the game.

Don't class us all in with that very very small minority that blatantly go against the rules & bring a bad name tae our 'fans' behaviour in general!! I just hope they haven't got our club a fine or whatever as a result of their stupid actions, at a time when it should all be about what's going on on the pitch not what's being thrown on the pitch!

10 hours ago, LuckyMascot1993 said:

Don't class us all in with that very very small minority that blatantly go against the rules & bring a bad name tae our 'fans' behaviour in general!! I just hope they haven't got our club a fine or whatever as a result of their stupid actions, at a time when it should all be about what's going on on the pitch not what's being thrown on the pitch!

No doubt Glenafton will have barred the pyrotechnic brigade and the people who encroached the playing surface, so it should be a great day out with no incidents.

18 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Remember the Super Cup?? Killed off after 2 seasons. That was just champions though. And it was far from...!

It's not really enough if it's just the winners. That means there are far too few matches for the competition ever to be taken seriously, and it doesn't come with the potentially considerable benefit of providing a reward for finishing in the top 3, 4, 5, whatever, in the league.

Anyway, just a thought.

What about Renfrew's new ground??

Covered terracing pretty small, but a better alternative to Benburb?? A better atmosphere too I would reckon??

I look at Benburbs New Tinto Park and I wonder where the planning and thinking behind it came from?? 

A strange looking seated stand with absolutely no cover on it (in Glasgow) lol?? Very little real terracing for supporters to view the game from.

The ground lacks any real class / heritage or tradition too, and looks as if it's just been thrown together.

This is by no means a go at Benburb btw. They're a fantastic old club with great tradition. I feel that the new ground doesn't represent the club the way it should have! I played at the old ground and it oozed in all of the above mentioned!!

Im amazed that the planners didn't go for a good sized modern raised covered terracing area  on one side of the pitch (similar to a Kelty or Kilbirnie) for supporters to watch the game from.

The rest of the ground could have been left as open raised terracing and the club slotting in at one end of the ground behind a goal?? 

If the money was there then a small 200-500 covered seated stand at the opposite side to the terracing could have been incorporated?? 

Surely this would have been on the same budget as the current setup they have?? 

8 minutes ago, KilsythCoyle said:

Covered terracing pretty small, but a better alternative to Benburb?? A better atmosphere too I would reckon??

I look at Benburbs New Tinto Park and I wonder where the planning and thinking behind it came from?? 

A strange looking seated stand with absolutely no cover on it (in Glasgow) lol?? Very little real terracing for supporters to view the game from.

The ground lacks any real class / heritage or tradition too, and looks as if it's just been thrown together.

This is by no means a go a go at Benburb btw. They're a fantastic old club with great tradition. I feel that the new ground doesn't represent the club the way it should have! I played at the old ground and it oozed in all of the above mentioned!!

Im amazed that the planners didn't go for a good sized modern raised covered terracing area  on one side of the pitch (similar to a Kelly or Kilbirnie) for supporters to watch the game from.

The rest of the ground could have been left as open raised terracing and the club slotting in at one end of the ground behind a goal?? 

If the money was there then a small 200-500 covered seated stand at the opposite side to the terracing could have been incorporated?? 

If you look at the rest of the ground it may well be that they exhausted the budget that they had....

1 hour ago, GLESGABOY said:

If you look at the rest of the ground it may well be that they exhausted the budget that they had....

Fair enough, but was just a thought!

I think when you look at what for example Renfrew or Blackburn Jnrs in the East have done, and compare it to New Tinto, you can see that it is achievable to build a new ground on a smaller budget but keep to the Junior type of ground tradition.

As I said, Benburb a great old club though!!

On 2017-6-8 at 13:49, the shire said:

Too close to the shire we were told that's why it can't be played at peasy emoji106.png

was last years final to close to polok !

This is by no means a go a go at Benburb btw. They're a fantastic old club with great tradition. I feel that the new ground doesn't represent the club the way it should have! I played at the old ground and it oozed in all of the above mentioned!!
Im amazed that the planners didn't go for a good sized modern raised covered terracing area  on one side of the pitch (similar to a Kelly or Kilbirnie) for supporters to watch the game from.

I think the original plan was for open terracing with a few steps along the stand side. I'm happy to be corrected but I think the seats they have is a retractable stand that they got from the commonwealth games.

I don't think they've ever had planning permission for it and had hoped to be able to put a roof on but the council turned it down as there is a public path at the back that hadn't been considered

Archived