Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

The alarm bells should be ringing. My ex was turning in to her mother and she knew it. You'll just end up in a joyless marriage. 

I'm not worried she will turn into her mother as  they aren't that much alike as people its just the little stubborn traits around the house that she takes after her, like turning all the switches off for fear they will go on fire. The mother is genuinely stupid and also stubborn and has very cheap tastes, she is very enthusiastic about B&M Homestore and pound stretchers and because of this my girlfriend buys cheap shit from there which makes the house look tacky as f**k as all B&M is is cheap shite. Im not one to buy expensive stuff for the sake of it but spending a bit more money on things that are going to make the flat look nicer is important to me.

One recent situation occurred when we were away for a long weekend that greatly distressed me. I have recently started playing tennis with a man who i met who was looking for a hitting partner, he lets me use his racket and balls but i have been meaning to get my own kit and my mrs wanted to play a little bit as well so i told her i would get us a couple of rackets and some balls when we were away as the people we were staying with live near a retail park that has a Sports Direct at it. So on the day we were going to the retail park to look for a few things including the tennis stuff my future mother in law said "You can get tennis rackets in B&M".  The second i heard it i knew exactly what they would look like and that they would be a pathetic, feeble pair of rackets that are designed for children to play tennis with in the garden once a year in and I just said that i would get them at Sports Direct, considering its a fucking sports shop but there was clearly interest from my girlfriend who now had this in her head B&M Homestores was the place we would be getting our tennis rackets. We went to B&M first and i took a walk around away from the rest of the group and just as i thought there were tennis rackets there and they were the most embarrassing tacky shite that you could imagine for £6.99, I like most people took one look at them and laughed at the thought of using them and then made a hasty exit to sports direct to try and buy the tennis rackets there before my that assembly of absolute morons saw the rackets and thought they looked great and brought them. Needless to say in Sports direct there was some quality kit, I could get two very decent rackets for £10.99 each and a half a dozen balls for about £3 so i could get us good to go for under £25 easy which i had no problem paying and it would be a good hobby for each of us to persue. As i was looking my phone went and my girlfriend informed me she found tennis rackets in B&M and they looked great, i told her they were cheap and tacky shit and that i could get proper kit for a bit more money from Sports Direct but she was adamant she was buying these ones and then said " We'll probably play once and get bored of it anyway" i argued my case for her for a while but she wasn't budging and then hung up on me as i was mid sentence. I was so furious and embarrassed when i went back to meet up with them and i couldn't even look at my girlfriend or her mum,i hardly spoke to them for the rest of the day and they were constantly having digs at me as if i was acting like a spoilt child or something.

Still furious thinking about it tbh.

1 minute ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

I like your girlfriend more & more every post you make. Poor cow going out with huffy pants.

We actually haven't spoke about this event since and she obviously doesn't realise what an ignorant cow she was being. She just gets something in to her head and once its there is completely dismissive of any other alternative. Its making me angrier talking about it and i will no doubt have a dig at her over it this weekend at some point. If she was that interested in saving a few quid then why did the pair of them pay a fucking psychic £100 to come round to do a reading the next fucking day?

ANGRY.gif

30 minutes ago, throbber said:

We actually haven't spoke about this event since and she obviously doesn't realise what an ignorant cow she was being. She just gets something in to her head and once its there is completely dismissive of any other alternative. Its making me angrier talking about it and i will no doubt have a dig at her over it this weekend at some point. If she was that interested in saving a few quid then why did the pair of them pay a fucking psychic £100 to come round to do a reading the next fucking day?

ANGRY.gif

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/4d46afdf-26e0-4cb4-befb-6033d9a463b8

Edited by DA Baracus

I hadn't played since I was a kid. Was amazed at the speed and power generated at the serve. My daughter ran in front of the net as I hit my hardest serve and was nearly knocked senseless as the ball skelped her in the back of the napper.

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I hadn't played since I was a kid. Was amazed at the speed and power generated at the serve. My daughter ran in front of the net as I hit my hardest serve and was nearly knocked senseless as the ball skelped her in the back of the napper.

We should try a bit of mixed doubles at some point.. 

I'm not worried she will turn into her mother as  they aren't that much alike as people its just the little stubborn traits around the house that she takes after her, like turning all the switches off for fear they will go on fire. The mother is genuinely stupid and also stubborn and has very cheap tastes, she is very enthusiastic about B&M Homestore and pound stretchers and because of this my girlfriend buys cheap shit from there which makes the house look tacky as f**k as all B&M is is cheap shite. Im not one to buy expensive stuff for the sake of it but spending a bit more money on things that are going to make the flat look nicer is important to me.
One recent situation occurred when we were away for a long weekend that greatly distressed me. I have recently started playing tennis with a man who i met who was looking for a hitting partner, he lets me use his racket and balls but i have been meaning to get my own kit and my mrs wanted to play a little bit as well so i told her i would get us a couple of rackets and some balls when we were away as the people we were staying with live near a retail park that has a Sports Direct at it. So on the day we were going to the retail park to look for a few things including the tennis stuff my future mother in law said "You can get tennis rackets in B&M".  The second i heard it i knew exactly what they would look like and that they would be a pathetic, feeble pair of rackets that are designed for children to play tennis with in the garden once a year in and I just said that i would get them at Sports Direct, considering its a fucking sports shop but there was clearly interest from my girlfriend who now had this in her head B&M Homestores was the place we would be getting our tennis rackets. We went to B&M first and i took a walk around away from the rest of the group and just as i thought there were tennis rackets there and they were the most embarrassing tacky shite that you could imagine for £6.99, I like most people took one look at them and laughed at the thought of using them and then made a hasty exit to sports direct to try and buy the tennis rackets there before my that assembly of absolute morons saw the rackets and thought they looked great and brought them. Needless to say in Sports direct there was some quality kit, I could get two very decent rackets for £10.99 each and a half a dozen balls for about £3 so i could get us good to go for under £25 easy which i had no problem paying and it would be a good hobby for each of us to persue. As i was looking my phone went and my girlfriend informed me she found tennis rackets in B&M and they looked great, i told her they were cheap and tacky shit and that i could get proper kit for a bit more money from Sports Direct but she was adamant she was buying these ones and then said " We'll probably play once and get bored of it anyway" i argued my case for her for a while but she wasn't budging and then hung up on me as i was mid sentence. I was so furious and embarrassed when i went back to meet up with them and i couldn't even look at my girlfriend or her mum,i hardly spoke to them for the rest of the day and they were constantly having digs at me as if i was acting like a spoilt child or something.
Still furious thinking about it tbh.

She gets a B&M racket, you get a sports direct racket, batter her at the tennis and just scream telt in her face. Problem solved.

I told her that i didn't want to play tennis with her anyway as she would be shit just like everything else she attempts in front of her mother after this episode which didn't go down too well but i was raging.