Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

'Solving' the problem of a toppling glass of red wine by battering it back into its initial place with force.

At least the coffee table didn't get as much wine over it as it would have otherwise:

Hide contents

PXL_20230307_100303723.thumb.jpg.36d9a5845b26c88c62900a66b6d6773b.jpg

Could be worse:

912D4C5E-7729-4881-AB03-E759CC70F54B.jpeg

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

While watching our 3 year old. She is unable to do any fucking tidying or washing up of the shite she uses/leaves lying around.

Aye, toddlers are pretty useless.

• 2 months later...

Page 7 this thread was on! Are we not allowed to say anything nasty about out partners now that Charlie is king?

Yesterday was annoying for me but I'm not completely blameless. Yesterday was Mothers Day in Italy. We live here but two of our three kids are in Glasgow so the majority rule was that they would send their mum something on the UK Mother's Day in March, which they duly did. I (stupidly) said at the time that I would get her something on the Italian version. So yesterday we got up, got ready, went out for a walk, went to the supermarket then she wanted to go to the garden centre for some plants. Everything was cheerful and normal. Halfway round there it dawned on me what day it was so I (again stupidly) said something like, "Oh, I forgot it was Mothers Day. Choose a nice plant from me, hen". Cue, the "I knew you'd forget" face and indignant attitude. Phrases like "the day is almost over now" were churned out. This was 2.30pm btw. When I proffered that she too had forgotten, this made the whole thing worse. 

I couldn't care less about days like Fathers Day or even my birthday.

• 4 weeks later...

Probably more me being a walloper ,but I've convinced her that not having a bag of sweeties in your glove box to bribe the mechanic is an mot failure ,she's buying a bag of caramels tomorrow when she finishes work

• 1 month later...

Put the kettle on for a cup of tea, promptly left the room, shut the door and forgot about it.

"What's the problem there then?"

Somehow didn't put the kettle lid down. I now have a home sauna, in my kitchen.

20230706_185231.jpg

4 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Put the kettle on for a cup of tea, promptly left the room, shut the door and forgot about it.

20230706_185231.jpg

You have the same kettle as me, and the slow cooker looks like it has potential to be the same...

Noted. 

6 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

20230706_185231.jpg

You haven't lived until you've seen the aftermath of the safety valve lifting on a pressure cooker.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You have the same kettle as me, and the slow cooker looks like it has potential to be the same...

Noted. 

If you said you had my little heaty-uppy penguin I'd be worried. Slow cooker and kettle I can live with.

4 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

She can't find the hat she wanted to wear tonight, and instead of just picking another one - I have a load - she's in a bad mood. She's already complaining that it's going to be raining so looks like I'm in for a good night

woman-wearing-tam-o-shanter-scottish-hat

19 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Will moan like f*ck if she finds any trace of stubble in the sink after I've had a shave yet me having to cut this off the vacuum roller with a Stanley blade to get it to work is met with a shrug and a laugh.IMG-20230705-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.6c6dd06e9df2c8df70473484c61bddb6.jpeg

and that's just from her bush! :P

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:

Will moan like f*ck if she finds any trace of stubble in the sink after I've had a shave yet me having to cut this off the vacuum roller with a Stanley blade to get it to work is met with a shrug and a laugh.IMG-20230705-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.6c6dd06e9df2c8df70473484c61bddb6.jpeg

Kill her and clone her.