Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On 16/07/2022 at 07:11, Bairnardo said:

My one seems to regress to a child-like state quite often when it comes to taking responsibility/making decisions. 

They never take responsibility or make decisions.

And on the odd occasion they do, it's still your fault.

On 16/07/2022 at 08:08, SlipperyP said:

Cooked in the morning for 5 folk. Preparation she used

5 plates, 6 bowls, ALL the spoons and 4 pans(pots). Every sauce/spice bottle (still on the bunker) chilly everywhere (on the floor/bunker), rice, looked like we just showered the bride and groom. Knifes (big) left lying about (with a 3 yo wandering), 3 sets of scissors (she broke 1 pair), f**k knows what she was using them for.  

I had to do the the dishes before we could eat.

Food was good😀 but by f**k!

Good food excuses a multitude of errors...

On 05/08/2022 at 16:17, buchan30 said:

https://www.yourdictionary.com/jamp

Like your stepdaughter i had always used the phrase “jamp the gun” it’s maybe a local thing. Apologies to the pedents.

You did that on purpose, didn't you?

2 minutes ago, mathematics said:

This. What the f**k is this all about?

8B1B1143-F3FC-4E3D-B600-F2EA8608ACD5.jpeg

My son does that. You should see him trying to open an envelope.

I blame the parents.

Generally fucks about at mealtimes meaning hers and in this case my daughters dinner goes cold.

In this case, picking up from an activity at 6, I tell her il have dinner ready at ten past. More than ample time to get home.

It's now 20 past. No sign, because she's talking shite to her pals despite knowing dinner will be ready.

Arsehole behaviour.

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

A classic addition to the above in real time....

Comes home to the dinner that's been on the table 10 minutes, and takes a phone call from her pal which starts with "naw I'm not busy".

Whatever. Eat dinner on yer jack

I get this. Often followed by "This is cold." 

20 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Generally fucks about at mealtimes meaning hers and in this case my daughters dinner goes cold.

In this case, picking up from an activity at 6, I tell her il have dinner ready at ten past. More than ample time to get home.

It's now 20 past. No sign, because she's talking shite to her pals despite knowing dinner will be ready.

Arsehole behaviour.

Mine does this.  She works from home a lot, so will ask when the tea will be ready and more often that not it's usually around a time she's specified.  I'll give her a 10 minute warning followed by a 5 minute warning, then shout when the food is ready.  She'll wander through 10 minutes later and moan that I've already started and in some cases finished mine, and that I could have waited. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

People that answer their phones during meal times deserve their hands forked to a table.

The amount of couples you see out for dinner now and neither of them is actually talking to each other, they'll both spend the entire time just be sitting on phones.  Add to this people who take kids out for meals and stick ipads and other devices in their kids hands and let them get on with it. 

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

Mine does this.  She works from home a lot, so will ask when the tea will be ready and more often that not it's usually around a time she's specified.  I'll give her a 10 minute warning followed by a 5 minute warning, then shout when the food is ready.  She'll wander through 10 minutes later and moan that I've already started and in some cases finished mine, and that I could have waited. 

The amount of couples you see out for dinner now and neither of them is actually talking to each other, they'll both spend the entire time just be sitting on phones.  Add to this people who take kids out for meals and stick ipads and other devices in their kids hands and let them get on with it. 

Aye I just batter in to my dinner now with the kids. f**k letting it go cold. Be different if something suddenly cropped up that needed dealt with. But just refusing to tell someone "I'm about to eat, il phone you back in ten minutes" can GTF

Agree with couples with their phones too. Very weird. She's brutal with her phone tbh, and I f**k about on mine when I'm on my tod, but I wouldn't dream of even taking it out my pocket when sat in a restaurant. In general terms, if I'm in any company I try not to use it at all. 

21 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Arsehole behaviour.

A different take on this as my Mrs works part time and does most of the cooking. 
She will serve up dinner and then start on some other stupid task in the kitchen while we all wait for her so we can start. Annoying as f**k

• 2 weeks later...

For years she has told me and the kids that the cure for a cough is to put vicks vaporub on your the soles of your feet. She does this herself, but we don't because it is weird. 

Now she has started telling friends and workmates that this is what to do. Convinced that this is better than putting it on your chest or under your nose. 

31 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

For years she has told me and the kids that the cure for a cough is to put vicks vaporub on your the soles of your feet. She does this herself, but we don't because it is weird. 

Now she has started telling friends and workmates that this is what to do. Convinced that this is better than putting it on your chest or under your nose. 

Babies and toddlers yes this is the go to method for administering vaporub . Bedtime paste it on their feet, socks on and better by morning.  Whether it absorbs faster or has a better effect I'm not sure but certainly stops them from rubbing at it, getting it in their eyes etc . Whether a functioning adult needs this kind of safeguard is a debate for another thread. 

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

2 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Babies and toddlers yes this is the go to method for administering vaporub . Bedtime paste it on their feet, socks on and better by morning.  Whether it absorbs faster or has a better effect I'm not sure but certainly stops them from rubbing at it, getting it in their eyes etc . Whether a functioning adult needs this kind of safeguard is a debate for another thread. 

Mrs Ranter still does it. 

Got a cold? Right, slather the soles of the feet in Vaporub, big think socks on, awaits cure.