Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

This reminds me of a weird argument we had years ago. Not sure how we got on to the topic but she said something like "imagine you came home and I was in bed with Margot Robbie. You'd be really upset" assuming that I would be shocked and outraged that she was cheating on me. 

I replied that, in fact, I wouldn't and she couldn't understand why. 

Was your dinner ready in this scenario?

Fucking brainiac has absolutely no hazard awareness around the house. Normally it's leaving cupboard doors etc open when anyone turning round would walk right into them, but tonight takes the biscuit - a sharp knife stuck back in the drawer blade up which, inevitably, lodged nicely in my thumb. Blood everywhere.

I'm apparantly an arsehole, though, for suggesting the blame lies anywhere but 100% with me.

52 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Fucking brainiac has absolutely no hazard awareness around the house. Normally it's leaving cupboard doors etc open when anyone turning round would walk right into them, but tonight takes the biscuit - a sharp knife stuck back in the drawer blade up which, inevitably, lodged nicely in my thumb. Blood everywhere.

I'm apparantly an arsehole, though, for suggesting the blame lies anywhere but 100% with me.

Why would you put you hand into a drawer without looking?  100% your fault I'm afraid. 😂

1 minute ago, strichener said:

Why would you put you hand into a drawer without looking?  100% your fault I'm afraid. 😂

I did look. I was picking something else up that was obscuring a <1mm wide blade.

BBC doing all their pissing about because of Wimbledon meant her sewing programme was moved channels.  I taped everything I could on BBC but it didn’t get all of the programme.  Cue an evening of mumping about the house because it isn’t on iplayer until tomorrow and someone is bound to tell her who won by then.

10 second check of iplayer by me shows it’s available.  Tell her this and  she shows me the sky recordings that have taped other shite.  I fire up the actual iplayer app and start the programme for her.

”too late to watch it now”.

Jesus fucking wept.

6 hours ago, Left Back said:

BBC doing all their pissing about because of Wimbledon meant her sewing programme was moved channels.  I taped everything I could on BBC but it didn’t get all of the programme.  Cue an evening of mumping about the house because it isn’t on iplayer until tomorrow and someone is bound to tell her who won by then.

10 second check of iplayer by me shows it’s available.  Tell her this and  she shows me the sky recordings that have taped other shite.  I fire up the actual iplayer app and start the programme for her.

Jesus fucking wept.

You honestly can't win either way. If they want a moan, they will find cause regardless.

12 hours ago, Left Back said:

Jesus fucking wept.

There is only one solution for a wife / partner as aggravating as this :-

3-2.jpg

She's been going on for weeks about booking fast track at Edinburgh Airport for our holiday. I've repeatedly said if she wants that she can book it. 

She tried to book it tonight using the ipad. The website froze after she put her card details in, cue mass moaning and asking me what to do next. 

Needless to say it took me a whole 90 seconds to get it sorted on my phone. Thank you received at all?

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

She's been going on for weeks about booking fast track at Edinburgh Airport for our holiday. I've repeatedly said if she wants that she can book it. 

She tried to book it tonight using the ipad. The website froze after she put her card details in, cue mass moaning and asking me what to do next. 

Needless to say it took me a whole 90 seconds to get it sorted on my phone. Thank you received at all?

There will be no queues at security when you go on holiday.  You’ll then be accused of wasting money.  Nap.

• 2 weeks later...

Another woman is visiting our house. The panic cleaning on display is sensational. 

Wouldn’t mind so much but it’s her mother and she was here yesterday, and the reason she’s here is because we’re decorating and the house is a tip anyway, rendering meaningless the panic cleaning. 

Suddenly pipes up, "I left those empty winterdykes out just to see what you'd do. You squeezed by them and didn't think about putting them away"

Rarely post on here as I am a lucky fella when it comes to her but this actually baffled me before getting me raging. If you want me to put them away, just say!

We are away on holiday, today has been our first day. 

F*ck knows how many times I've been to the bar for juice/ice cream/food because "a woman doesn't go to the bar when a man is around"

Chances of me getting away with "a man doesn't go in the kitchen if a woman's there"?

We are away on holiday, today has been our first day. 
F*ck knows how many times I've been to the bar for juice/ice cream/food because "a woman doesn't go to the bar when a man is around"
Chances of me getting away with "a man doesn't go in the kitchen if a woman's there"?
That's mental chat. You need to get it sorted.