Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

58 minutes ago, Raithie said:

In a roundabout way I'm having a similar issue but not with a child but with a puppy. I still work from home whereas the wife is physically out at work everyday. Puppy is 10 weeks old and I'm a bit out of my depth having never owned a dug before. Anyway, doing my bit by taking him outside every hour, after a kip, after his scran etc but he'll have the odd accident in the house. Wife goes radge when I tell her he's pished/shat once or twice in the house "ffs!! he's not going to learn if you keep letting him do his toileting indoors, I hope you're taking him out straight away and putting him in his crate when he's sleeping, are you training him during feeding times? are you giving him praise where appropriate? are you giving him sufficient physical and mental play?....and why is the hoose a tip?". Honestly boils my blood when I'm trying to work as well. Summer holidays soon (wife works in a school) so can't wait for a bit of respite during the day. 

Take her outside and put her in a crate FFS. 

(word of advice, make sure its locked)

7 hours ago, Raithie said:

In a roundabout way I'm having a similar issue but not with a child but with a puppy. I still work from home whereas the wife is physically out at work everyday. Puppy is 10 weeks old and I'm a bit out of my depth having never owned a dug before. Anyway, doing my bit by taking him outside every hour, after a kip, after his scran etc but he'll have the odd accident in the house. Wife goes radge when I tell her he's pished/shat once or twice in the house "ffs!! he's not going to learn if you keep letting him do his toileting indoors, I hope you're taking him out straight away and putting him in his crate when he's sleeping, are you training him during feeding times? are you giving him praise where appropriate? are you giving him sufficient physical and mental play?....and why is the hoose a tip?". Honestly boils my blood when I'm trying to work as well. Summer holidays soon (wife works in a school) so can't wait for a bit of respite during the day. 

Tell her to go and throw shite at herself.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

12 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

We are both working from home today. She has put some music on, which is normally not bad. She's put on a playlist consisting of just Carpenters songs. 

Feels like I am drowning in liquid sugar. 

That's shite, what with you hanging around. Nothing to do but frown, I guess.

50 minutes ago, BFTD said:

That's shite, what with you hanging around. Nothing to do but frown, I guess.

I'm on my own tomorrow so can play whatever I like. Trouble is, even the music I normally like I am a bit bored with. Just one of those moods I guess. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I'm on my own tomorrow so can play whatever I like. Trouble is, even the music I normally like I am a bit bored with. Just one of those moods I guess. 

You'd probably prefer a kind of hush all over the world tonight. You know what I mean.

On 05/06/2022 at 08:33, Jacksgranda said:

When I repeatedly get asked these "Did you" questions, I just say "No"...

Up there with "don't drop/spill/break" something. I just stand there looking dippit and say "Don't drop it or drop it?? Ahhhhhh right, thats where I've been going wrong"

On 13/06/2022 at 12:49, Raithie said:

Mine's the same with the housework as I wfh 3 days a week. She thinks I've nothing better to do than washing, hoovering etc instead of working. Then on the days I do do some of these she moans about me having to work till later at night

On 13/06/2022 at 12:49, Raithie said:

I'd kick her in the pie (Copyright P&B members before #MeToo)

Asking you to clean the bathroom ahead of somebody visiting, staggering in at 1:30, and then spewing heavily tomato-based red curry sauce all over the shiny bath, up three of the scrubbed bathroom walls and all across the mopped floor, leaving you cleaning it up at 3am (to avoid it staining the whites overnight).

Without exaggeration, you'd have thought that Vincent Vega had shot Marv' in there.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Asking you to clean the bathroom ahead of somebody visiting, staggering in at 1:30, and then spewing heavily tomato-based red curry sauce all over the shiny bath, up three of the scrubbed bathroom walls and all across the mopped floor, leaving you cleaning it up at 3am (to avoid it staining the whites overnight).

Without exaggeration, you'd have thought that Vincent Vega had shot Marv' in there.

Many years ago, my wife and I were staying at her mum's house. We went out at night, I got utterly blootered, came home and puked all over the bathroom. Mostly in the bath. 

I started cleaning it up when my mother-in law came in. I told her that it was the wife that did it, and she believed me. 

13 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Mmmmm......Mrs. Hedgecutter sounds like a catch...........

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Wife, pissing me off, Saturday morning. Just put the Carpenters  Greatest Hits on full volume.

They (all the family) will f**k off soon.

On 15/06/2022 at 09:01, scottsdad said:

We are both working from home today. She has put some music on, which is normally not bad. She's put on a playlist consisting of just Carpenters songs. 

Feels like I am drowning in liquid sugar. 

F9h.gif