Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

The amount of time she takes to start her work in the morning is off the fucking charts.

Would be fine if she didn't moan about how much work she had to do, doesn't help when I mention that turning your laptop on at your start time and starting work shouldn't have a 30-40 min gap.

Mine is constantly talking about how lean her company is and how they have too much work. But whenever any of them runs into an issue I notice that about 5 repetitive video calls are needed to discuss and move on. I also note that none of them ever work any extra hours. I'm not advocating it, and businesses should employ the number of staff they need, but when I have extra work to do I just do it so I don't have to worry about it. If that means doing stuff after hours sometimes so be it.

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Many years ago I worked for the council. 

In the skiving stakes, we came second to nobody. 

But obviously it was still too much like hard work for you.

That's why you are now an academic, slumming it with absolute gold-plated SkiveLords such as the Prof.

12 hours ago, RH33 said:

Think that's bad, wait until you have health visitors visiting!

Last time they visited us they said my youngest head was too big and something about the cleft in his arse cheek meaning he will have difficulty walking. 

He's 4 in July and if they want to check his walking they are going to have to persuade him to slow down. 

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Nor should they. Not sure what your point here is.

My contract states that occasional overtime if necessary is included in the expectations provided by my salary and I imagine hers does too. I'd have to check, but  don't think it's an unusual feature, and furthermore unless someone actually works every hour they are employed for (which in my experience is rarely the case) I don't think it's brutally unreasonable either.
All that besides, the main focus of my gripe is when people spend at least as much time moaning about being too busy as would be needed just to get the work done anyway.

Brought in the bin before collection.

Decided to share this information with me immediately after the lorry had passed the house.

Edited by Darren

On 27/05/2022 at 08:57, Darren said:

Brought in the bin before collection.

Despite to share this information with me immediately after the lorry had passed the house.

Do you guys have no rubbish in your bins or is she just preternaturally strong?

I'm confused as to why she wouldn't have noticed that the bin was full and that this may have been a strange thing to bring towards the house.

17 hours ago, velo army said:

Do you guys have no rubbish in your bins or is she just preternaturally strong?

I'm confused as to why she wouldn't have noticed that the bin was full and that this may have been a strange thing to bring towards the house.

I nearly did this the other day, but thought it felt a bit heavy for an emptied bin, so lifted the lid to check. Left the bin where it was.

She is on a Teams call with her workmates all day. They keep it running in the background so that if anyone has a question they can ask. 

The wife has gotten into the habit of forgetting that she isn't muted. Sometimes this can be funny (like when she told Alexa to play music and it activated everyone else's Alexa's also, or when she used the hairdryer and didn't hear them all shouting at her to switch it off).

My worry though is that we could be talking about anything and there is a chance that it's being overheard. I could be asking for a Barney Rubble and all her office mates could hear that. 

She is on a Teams call with her workmates all day. They keep it running in the background so that if anyone has a question they can ask. 

The wife has gotten into the habit of forgetting that she isn't muted. Sometimes this can be funny (like when she told Alexa to play music and it activated everyone else's Alexa's also, or when she used the hairdryer and didn't hear them all shouting at her to switch it off).

My worry though is that we could be talking about anything and there is a chance that it's being overheard. I could be asking for a Barney Rubble and all her office mates could hear that. 

Mental. Surely set up a teams group chat? God forbid having an open channel with your colleagues all day. 

Edited by jamieson87

Sometimes this can be funny (like when she told Alexa to play music and it activated everyone else's Alexa's also

:lol:

I've had weekly Teams meetings for the past year, and I'd never used it before. Made it all the way through without making an arse of myself, until a couple of weeks ago when I didn't notice I'd joined a meeting without muting my mic, so everyone was treated to me yelling obscenities at the wean to turn his music down, followed by a very satisfying fart and contented sigh.

The best was, at one of the first meetings, one of us muted the team leader without realising they'd muted him for the entire group, and it took us twenty minutes to work out what was going on while he delivered his presentation completely oblivious  :lol: