Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

42 minutes ago, BFTD said:

You're older than I thought.

I remember getting caught up in the hype of clear cola when I was wee, so I got my mum to buy a bottle (probably Crystal Pepsi). Then I remembered that I didn't like cola anyway and felt like a fool.

I’m 36 brother.

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I’m 36 brother.

How depressing. I think I had the idea that you were in your twenties...but that was probably from back when I was the age you are now  :(

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Who remembers Fresca?  Was that not another sugar free effort from Coke back in the day?  Loved that too.  Back then fizzy pop was a big treat right enough.

Vaguely remember that.

Also, you can probably trace part of the obesity epidemic back to the 80s, where people sold Bon Accord juice out the back of lorries to the schemies of Edinburgh. 

IIRC they hooked people in with cheap juice and deposits on the bottles?

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Vaguely remember that.

Also, you can probably trace part of the obesity epidemic back to the 80s, where people sold Bon Accord juice out the back of lorries to the schemies of Edinburgh. 

Was the Alpine lorry for us.  Same setup though.

22 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I used to guzzle fizzy drinks. Had a serious problem and think I was going through at least 2 litres a day. Had a can of Diet Coke at 10.00, a 500ml bottle at lunch, a can of sugar free Irn Bru at 15.00, a glass of Diet Coke with dinner (almost 500ml) and at least one more (near 500ml) glass later.

Haven't had a fizzy drink since the end of October. Just water for me now, unless I'm having a beer. Was forced on me by my body, but thank f**k I've stopped. It was a proper addiction.

Well done. It’s quite a hard habit to break. I used to be like you, just guzzling it for fun. Even at breakfast with a roll, then i realised how much it was damaging my stomach. Like you, i went down the route of timing them, so I wouldn’t have my first one until 11:30am, then 1 with lunch and 1 with my tea. And now i don’t drink nearly as much as i used to of them. 

57 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Vaguely remember that.

Aye they a took a decent deposit on the bottles to make sure you returned them and went back for more.

Seem to remember the one that came round our way used quite heavy based big bottles that would probably be classed as an offensive weapon if you walked down the street with one nowadays. 

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Vaguely remember that.

Globe ya bass......................................................

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Vaguely remember that.

Plummers was the local company in Burntisland and Woodrows in Dunfermline.

No matter how many times I say to her that if she wants me to buy something online could she send the link and not a screenshot of whatever shite it is.

Bairns birthday shortly and the screenshots have started to filter through despite the years of my replies being - send the link not a screenshot. 

For anyone asking why she doesn’t just do it I think the same but then it always goes wrong when she does it or doesn’t read delivery times or where it’s coming from.

24 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

No matter how many times I say to her that if she wants me to buy something online could she send the link and not a screenshot of whatever shite it is.

Bairns birthday shortly and the screenshots have started to filter through despite the years of my replies being - send the link not a screenshot. 

For anyone asking why she doesn’t just do it I think the same but then it always goes wrong when she does it or doesn’t read delivery times or where it’s coming from.

.....and the lack of anyone to blame if something DOES go wrong.

26 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Why do you have to carry out this task ? Is she genuinely incapable or is it because you refuse to let her anywhere near a debit card ?

22 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Why do you have to carry out this task ? Is she genuinely incapable or is it because you refuse to let her anywhere near a debit card ?

Bit of both mate don’t want to start the joint account debate again.

It’s something off eBay, last time she tried to order from eBay it had to come from Hong Kong and took over a month as she never checked delivery time/dispatch area.

Sitting in the living room ready to go and she'll say "I'll nip upstairs before we go".  10 mins later, I'll ask if she's ready yet because we're now running late, only to get "I was waiting on you".

Sitting in the living room ready to go and she'll say "I'll nip upstairs before we go".  10 mins later, I'll ask if she's ready yet because we're now running late, only to get "I was waiting on you".
She was doing a shite mate. Give her peace ffs

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

She was doing a shite mate. Give her peace ffs

Awkward when the voice comes from the bedroom.