Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

It's just the start. You'll have endless other little examples to bring up on this thread. Meanwhile she'll be telling her friends that she had no idea how annoying/weird you were until she moved in.

Enjoy.

"Can you believe it? Milk and tea in the same mug, like a caveman!"

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I just went for a pish. There is half a bowl of Rice Krispies in the toilet. Apparently that's the easiest way to dispose of leftover cereal.

I feel I've made a terrible mistake.

She's going to murder you in your sleep, I'm calling it right now.

Goodnight, sweet prince...

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I can’t stop thinking about this.

Has she just designated one mug as her tea mug, and one as her milk mug, or does she think that shops sell different mugs for tea and milk? Does she have more than two mugs, and if so how does she decide which ones are which? 

I hear you, brother. She has designated a mug for tea on account of it being bigger than the others, which I can actually understand having a preference for. She has a designated milk mug which is smaller but I'm not sure what the justification is for it. We have other mugs, I'm unsure and terrified to ask what they've been designated for. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Grown ups dont drink mugs of milk.... do they?

Precisely. When she said "milk mug" I gave her the John Lambie reply of "milk is for babies". 

24 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

She's going to murder you in your sleep, I'm calling it right now.

Goodnight, sweet prince...

She's going to murder me? If I go for a shite and end up with a Rice Krispie splash back it'll be her needing the undertaker. 

20 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I just went for a pish. There is half a bowl of Rice Krispies in the toilet. Apparently that's the easiest way to dispose of leftover cereal.

I feel I've made a terrible mistake.

I’m sure DA Baracus had a thread/chat on this method regarding leftover soup.

Still cant work out what leftover soup is.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkay

On 13/12/2021 at 01:00, BFTD said:

Next time you're in a newsagent (or, more likely, the wee magazine section in the supermarket), take a gander at the covers* in the women's magazine section. There are multiple publications that exist to lay out the next month's worth of soap opera storylines. So you buy the magazine, read about exactly what's going to happen in your terrible TV programme, then watch said programme to make sure they don't deviate from the script, presumably.

* try not to be traumatised by headlines like "RAPED BY MY PARENTS THEN MUM DROVE ME TO SCHOOL" or "MY KILLER HUBBY IS ALSO MY BROTHER AND A GHOST AND ALSO MY ADOPTED GAY SON". Seriously, what's that shit all about?

Any excuse for the old Viz classic:

Take a Shit - Viz

In all seriousness though, those magazines are appalling. And really not good for people imo. Most newspapers likewise.

She has a double adapter in the socket at her side of the bed so that she can plug in her lamp and charge  her phone/kindle/monstercock 5000 or whatever. 

This has been removed to use elsewhere for Christmas lights, so she has just the lamp plugged in and has started using the socket by the foot of the bed for charging her phone. Problem is she uses her phone for her alarm, so when you get to bed at 2am off a late shift and it goes off at full volume at 06.30, it can be slightly fucking irritating. Especially when it takes her about 5 mins to bother to haul her arse round to silence it, then brings it back to the bedside table and snoozes it for half an hour for a repeat performance at 7am.

She's after earpods, but it'll be a boot in the pie for Christmas at this rate.

10 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

She has a double adapter in the socket at her side of the bed so that she can plug in her lamp and charge  her phone/kindle/monstercock 5000 or whatever. 

This has been removed to use elsewhere for Christmas lights, so she has just the lamp plugged in and has started using the socket by the foot of the bed for charging her phone. Problem is she uses her phone for her alarm, so when you get to bed at 2am off a late shift and it goes off at full volume at 06.30, it can be slightly fucking irritating. Especially when it takes her about 5 mins to bother to haul her arse round to silence it, then brings it back to the bedside table and snoozes it for half an hour for a repeat performance at 7am.

She's after earpods, but it'll be a boot in the pie for Christmas at this rate.

It'll resolve itself after Christmas

On 09/12/2021 at 09:13, scottsdad said:

Christmas coming up soon and I am clueless as to what to get her. She has (as far as I am aware) dropped no hints. 

Having run out of patience I asked her outright. Anything she wants? "No". Anything she needs? "No".  Anything she ever remotely likes the idea of? "No". And then she hit me with "I'm fine. Just don't bother getting me anything".

Oh no you don't. Not falling for that one. 

Well...last night we had a chat about this. In September she apparently told me about a tablet she wanted. I have absolutely no memory of such a conversation. But anyway, she says she told me about it early to "give you time to save up". Alarm bells started ringing. A quick check online shows this tablet with all the accessories coming in at over £500. 

Not only that, she is convinced that having said this to me all that time ago, I have this in hand and she is getting said tablet. 

I'm fucked, aren't I?

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Well...last night we had a chat about this. In September she apparently told me about a tablet she wanted. I have absolutely no memory of such a conversation. But anyway, she says she told me about it early to "give you time to save up". Alarm bells started ringing. A quick check online shows this tablet with all the accessories coming in at over £500. 

Not only that, she is convinced that having said this to me all that time ago, I have this in hand and she is getting said tablet. 

I'm fucked, aren't I?

Probably never again