Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I am a veteran of such things. And I echo the comments made by others - double standards well in play here. 

All I can suggest is that you find some way of trying to enjoy these shows. I've been through this with Married At First Sight (Australia and UK), Love Island, 90 Day Fiance and many more.  It's like getting a prostate exam - just smile and try to make a joke while it's on. 

Mrs Scottsdad will not watch Star Trek with me. Then again, when we started going out I took her to the cinema to see the then-new Star Trek film. It was Nemesis, the worst of the worst, and I think it put her off for life. 

Thanks for the advice but you can ram it. Under no circumstances...NONE....will I force myself to watch this baloney. It's the modern day version of Jerry Springer as far as I'm concerned.

That and the fact I hate fake lips and false eyelashes.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Thanks for the advice but you can ram it. Under no circumstances...NONE....will I force myself to watch this baloney. It's the modern day version of Jerry Springer as far as I'm concerned.

That and the fact I hate fake lips and false eyelashes.

Don't wear them then!

Living in the Philippines, Love Island and 90 Day Fiance are somewhat of a highlight for me compared to reruns of Happy Days and Mind Your Language!  Married at first sight is 100% shite with no redeeming features.  

I love 90 Day Fiance and I'm not ashamed to admit it. 

Just now, hk blues said:

Don't wear them then!

Living in the Philippines, Love Island and 90 Day Fiance are somewhat of a highlight for me compared to reruns of Happy Days and Mind Your Language!  Married at first sight is 100% shite with no redeeming features.  

I love 90 Day Fiance and I'm not ashamed to admit it. 

The first sentence....Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Secondly, they show Mind Your Language there? In which case who did it offend?

Just now, jimbaxters said:

The first sentence....Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Secondly, they show Mind Your Language there? In which case who did it offend?

They do.  I don't think any locals watch it (in fact I don't think anyone does other then me and my 9-year old son) so nobody gets offended.  Anyway, anyone who has lived in Asia will know how racist they all are!  

6 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

But you have binned her?

i made her bin me, safer that way. i was on the toilet doing a dump and she called so i didn't answer, she then asked why i'm not answering and on facebook (watching football clips as you do), she asked who i'm speaking to and why im online on facebook messenger. I just said look if you can't calm down i suggest we finish this here she said i've forced her in to ending it because of how unreasonable i am. She refused to back down and haven't heard from her for 2 days, she'll reappear no doubt but she made it clear thats what she wanted so she's got it.

Shes currently smug as f**k for "finding me out". "I'm highly intelligent and you can't fool me you know"

Edited by red23

5 minutes ago, red23 said:

i made her bin me, safer that way. i was on the toilet doing a dump and she called so i didn't answer, she then asked why i'm not answering and on facebook (watching football clips as you do), she asked who i'm speaking to and why im online on facebook messenger. I just said look if you can't calm down i suggest we finish this here she said i've forced her in to ending it because of how unreasonable i am. She refused to back down and haven't heard from her for 2 days, she'll reappear no doubt but she made it clear thats what she wanted so she's got it.

Shes currently smug as f**k for "finding me out". "I'm highlight intelligent and you can't fool me you know"

I've been in a similar relationship before - though not quite as extreme. Taking 5 minutes longer than usual to come home because of traffic leading to "Who did you stop to visit on the way home?" The "I just dropped in to your work to say hello" visits that were clearly just to sus out what I was doing. 

The break-up was much easier than I had imagined. I told her straight that the insecurities were killing me. The constant questioning, the lack of trust, trying to keep me on a leash. It was making me someone I'm not. I rejected the follow-up please when she said she would change. I knew that any such change would either be put-on, or temporary. Even when she then threatened to have her brother (who is about 5 foot tall and skinny as a rake) batter me. 

You cannot break up with someone like that for any reason except your own well being.  But leading up to the break up I was a wreck, very worried about how it would go.

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I've been in a similar relationship before - though not quite as extreme. Taking 5 minutes longer than usual to come home because of traffic leading to "Who did you stop to visit on the way home?" The "I just dropped in to your work to say hello" visits that were clearly just to sus out what I was doing. 

The break-up was much easier than I had imagined. I told her straight that the insecurities were killing me. The constant questioning, the lack of trust, trying to keep me on a leash. It was making me someone I'm not. I rejected the follow-up please when she said she would change. I knew that any such change would either be put-on, or temporary. Even when she then threatened to have her brother (who is about 5 foot tall and skinny as a rake) batter me. 

You cannot break up with someone like that for any reason except your own well being.  But leading up to the break up I was a wreck, very worried about how it would go.

Some of them are quite sick in the head. Society largely excuses it. Normally it’s because they’ve “been hurt in the past”.

I'm working from home today.  She sent me a whatsapp asking:

"Can you put the washing basket stuff except the towels and the stuff at the bedroom door on to wash?"

No problem.  Bit annoying as she was clearly going to do it herself but then her sister picked her up early.  

She's home now and has just asked why the pile at the bedroom door hasn't been washed....

11 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I'm working from home today.  She sent me a whatsapp asking:

"Can you put the washing basket stuff except the towels and the stuff at the bedroom door on to wash?"

No problem.  Bit annoying as she was clearly going to do it herself but then her sister picked her up early.  

She's home now and has just asked why the pile at the bedroom door hasn't been washed....

Imagine you ever asked why something hadn’t been washed.

36 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The "I just dropped in to your work to say hello" visits that were clearly just to sus out what I was doing. 

That would lead me to changing my number, selling the house and quitting my job tbh. Nobody does that. Nobody sane anyway. 

47 minutes ago, red23 said:

Shes currently smug as f**k for "finding me out". "I'm highly intelligent and you can't fool me you know"

This is fucking brilliant. Forcing your girlfriend to break up with you by taking a lengthy shite :lol:

18 hours ago, red23 said:

I agree, i wouldn't say my self esteem is exactly great. Probably the reason i tolerate such nonsense.

They all saw her as a perfect girl as they had no idea what went on in reality.

The final straw was when i went to the pub for the football and returned at 12am she refused to speak to me for 3 days because i was , in her mind, clearly cheating on her. She called me at 12.30am and didn't speak, she was listening to see who was there with me

I was nothing but perfect to this girl but she couldn't help but implode over anything and everything in a fit of jealousy, thats no way to live life, in constant fear even when you've done nothing wrong, of course it was all my fault for acting irrational and disrespectful to her.

I have nothing useful to say on this except that it's crap you had to go through this and you deserve better.

7 hours ago, red23 said:

Well don’t hang about now, get yourself out there and enjoy yourself.

Out for a wee walk the other day and she started a conversation out of the blue that soon got me thinking "I know where this is going'. 

First she said she was talking about going skiing abroad in January with the mountain club we are members of.  Asked if I wanted to go, knowing full well I cannot ski.

Then she asked if I wanted to go to a regatta in Netherlands in May/June with the yachting/rowing club she has just joined, knowing I am not really interested in sailing.

I thought I would see how far she would go so replied..."Nah, I told them at the BBQ on Saturday I am going to St Petersburg about that time for Champions League Final".

Then she hit me with it, "Oh yeah, I forgot, anyway I was just thinking, maybe I could come to St Petersburg with you but you and your mates could do your thing and I will do mine".

Needless to say that "offer" was promptly kicked into touch.

Admittedly, I do consider myself lucky when it comes to her.  Especially when I read this board 😂

18 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Out for a wee walk the other day and she started a conversation out of the blue that soon got me thinking "I know where this is going'. 

First she said she was talking about going skiing abroad in January with the mountain club we are members of.  Asked if I wanted to go, knowing full well I cannot ski.

Then she asked if I wanted to go to a regatta in Netherlands in May/June with the yachting/rowing club she has just joined, knowing I am not really interested in sailing.

I thought I would see how far she would go so replied..."Nah, I told them at the BBQ on Saturday I am going to St Petersburg about that time for Champions League Final".

Then she hit me with it, "Oh yeah, I forgot, anyway I was just thinking, maybe I could come to St Petersburg with you but you and your mates could do your thing and I will do mine".

Needless to say that "offer" was promptly kicked into touch.

Admittedly, I do consider myself lucky when it comes to her.  Especially when I read this board 😂

Tory b*****d

On 07/09/2021 at 18:56, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

They just cannot help it, the urge to just gibber a load of absolute shite.

GET TO THE FUCKING POINT OF IT.

Thank you.

I say these words in my head on a daily basis.

Yesterday was a full four minutes on driving to the postbox a mile up the road to send off a couple of postcards. Last week she managed to spin out a story about the local Costa accidentally giving her a large cappuccino for the same price as a standard one for ten fucking minutes. It never ceases to amaze me how long women can talk pish about utterly innocuous nonsense. 

15 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Yesterday was a full four minutes on driving to the postbox a mile up the road to send off a couple of postcards. Last week she managed to spin out a story about the local Costa accidentally giving her a large cappuccino for the same price as a standard one for ten fucking minutes. It never ceases to amaze me how long women can talk pish about utterly innocuous nonsense. 

They're hardwired by evolution to chatter like baboons. The content is unimportant but just the act of chatter strengthens group bonds. 

Men generally can't understand because we're hardwired to use talking to  convey useful information, for hunting and gathering and stuff. That we often speak shit isn't the point. 

She's thinking "we had a lovely chat, spoke for ages" while you're thinking "thank f**k, she's finished. Wtf was that all about?" 

My tactic is to smile, nod and occasionally say "oh, i know" or "never!". On the rare occasions when she's been saying something of substance i've been caught out but i can usually tune out for maybe 15 minutes at a time no bother. 

45 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I think they realise that if they stay quiet for longer than 30 seconds or so, the sound of the howling madness inside their head would become unbearable.

7 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

It's the 3 sub stories you get before you get back to the point, Why I need to know what saraha's cousin did on holiday before you tell me finally what you had for lunch, the connection being halloumi in her head.

I often just say, it doesn't matter.

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

My tactic is to smile, nod and occasionally say "oh, i know" or "never!". On the rare occasions when she's been saying something of substance i've been caught out but i can usually tune out for maybe 15 minutes at a time no bother. 

“Is that all you have to say?”

”you’re never interested in what I’m saying”

Ad infinitum.