Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

13 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Serves you right for not doing the decent thing and donating it to a charity shop.

Whats the threshold of value at which you can be expected to give stuff away rather than punt it? Whats the appropriate level of someones finances where flogging stuff is frowned upon?

In terms of decency?

Anyone's other half got a problem with writing out a simple list that can be understood easily? I've mentioned this to her before but clearly when she said "okay" as if she understood she wasn't listening to a fucking word I said. If I'm going to a shop and she wants stuff I'll say send me a list. Now any normal person would simply list the items as such in a message:

Chicken
Fajita Sauce
Chorizo
Peppers
Onion
Cheese

I can glance at that whilst moving around a supermarket with ease and my instructions are clear. What do I get from her?

"We need chicken breast or thighs, some chorizo, the slices will do but if you want to get a full sausage that's also fine, some peppers (red preferably), onion, salad if you want salad, maybe just some lettuce? Also if you could go to the Mexican bit there's usually some nice sauces to choose from just get one from there, we could maybe do with some cheese - oh and if you're near the deodorant bit can you grab me some too?"

Mad Face GIF - Mad Face Angry - Discover & Share GIFs

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Anyone's other half got a problem with writing out a simple list that can be understood easily? I've mentioned this to her before but clearly when she said "okay" as if she understood she wasn't listening to a fucking word I said. If I'm going to a shop and she wants stuff I'll say send me a list. Now any normal person would simply list the items as such in a message:

Chicken
Fajita Sauce
Chorizo
Peppers
Onion
Cheese

I can glance at that whilst moving around a supermarket with ease and my instructions are clear. What do I get from her?

"We need chicken breast or thighs, some chorizo, the slices will do but if you want to get a full sausage that's also fine, some peppers (red preferably), onion, salad if you want salad, maybe just some lettuce? Also if you could go to the Mexican bit there's usually some nice sauces to choose from just get one from there, we could maybe do with some cheese - oh and if you're near the deodorant bit can you grab me some too?"

She's probably on FB complaining you don't know what you need to make fajitas.

On 30/08/2021 at 22:23, Busta Nut said:

Is "gaslighting" a thing? I tend to see it used when nutters are telt they are nutters.

Have experienced this a few times with utter ego maniac women both in personal life and in the workplace. When you call out their shitty behaviour you are accused of gaslighting

On 29/08/2021 at 00:10, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Not sure if it is needy, insecurity or something else, but this isn't a good look for yourself.

You are tolerating all this shit by staying with her and your final sentence speaks more about yourself than her. I think you should be rejoicing that you are back (present tense not future) in the dating game after this.

You need to look at yourself first and what you want from a partner/relationship and why.

Maybe the above is very harsh, but wake the f**k up. People that know you and the relationship won't be thinking look at red23 with that exotic bird, they will be scratching their heads and laughing thinking there is something seriously wrong with you.

If you don't like the above, you can dismiss it as some troll on the Internet, if it strikes a chord get the psychotic, racist to f**k.

*If not before, the meal in the Asian restaurant should never have finished. You should have got up and walked out immediately at that point and left her sitting there.

I agree, i wouldn't say my self esteem is exactly great. Probably the reason i tolerate such nonsense.

They all saw her as a perfect girl as they had no idea what went on in reality.

The final straw was when i went to the pub for the football and returned at 12am she refused to speak to me for 3 days because i was , in her mind, clearly cheating on her. She called me at 12.30am and didn't speak, she was listening to see who was there with me

I was nothing but perfect to this girl but she couldn't help but implode over anything and everything in a fit of jealousy, thats no way to live life, in constant fear even when you've done nothing wrong, of course it was all my fault for acting irrational and disrespectful to her.

Edited by red23

For some reason Mrs JB has started watching Married At First Sight UK. I cannot comprehend how anyone, let alone my hitherto intelligent and discerning missus, watches this guff. The worst part is that it is on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights! Last night she got annoyed at me for going to the bedroom without saying anything. She knows fine well that if I did say anything it would have been along the lines of "How can you watch this!", which in itself would have been a fault.

50 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

For some reason Mrs JB has started watching Married At First Sight UK. I cannot comprehend how anyone, let alone my hitherto intelligent and discerning missus, watches this guff. The worst part is that it is on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights! Last night she got annoyed at me for going to the bedroom without saying anything. She knows fine well that if I did say anything it would have been along the lines of "How can you watch this!", which in itself would have been a fault.

I have found that it is entirely ok for them to abandon ship and go to bed whenever pleases them, but if you or I do this then it is somehow a problem. 

I just accept the huff now as I’ve clearly stated many times that I don’t like hospital dramas or absolute pish American crime procedurals like Chicago Police which has is associated Chicago Fire and Chicago Hospital. 

Would she sit and watch Curb Your Enthusiasm for 2 hours? No. And that’s fine. 

It’s the constant double standards that get me.

Edited by Thorongil

walking to the train station for a nice day in town, halfway there, " I don't think i've put my straighteners off"

a run back to the house, checks straighteners, the plug isn't in the socket.

A quicker than usual march to the train station and an uncomfortable sweaty journey on the train.

That said, we arrived in Belgium for the Scotland game 20 years ago and she uttered the usual sentence.

Had to get a family member with a key to the house to go and check and yes she had left them on...

5 hours ago, red23 said:

I agree, i wouldn't say my self esteem is exactly great. Probably the reason i tolerate such nonsense.

The final straw was when i went to the pub for the football and returned at 12am she refused to speak to me for 3 days because i was , in her mind, clearly cheating on her. She called me at 12.30am and didn't speak, she was listening to see who was there with me

I was nothing but perfect to this girl but she couldn't help but implode over anything and everything in a fit of jealousy, thats no way to live life, in constant fear even when you've done nothing wrong, of course it was all my fault for acting irrational and disrespectful to her.

But you have binned her?

6 hours ago, red23 said:

That sounds about right...

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

walking to the train station for a nice day in town, halfway there, " I don't think i've put my straighteners off"

A quicker than usual march to the train station and an uncomfortable sweaty journey on the train.

That said, we arrived in Belgium for the Scotland game 20 years ago and she uttered the usual sentence.

Had to get a family member with a key to the house to go and check and yes she had left them on...

No 1 all over during the night.

HTH

(ETA Haircut not toilet)

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

Mine's takes photos of the sockets when we go away for her peace of mind.  Absolute madness. 

Next time we go away I'm going to sneak in one like this -

View of a dangerously overloaded electrical outlet with multiple... News  Photo - Getty Images

16 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

They just cannot help it, the urge to just gibber a load of absolute shite.

GET TO THE FUCKING POINT OF IT.

Thank you.

Upon arriving home from work yesterday and looking forward to relaxing, I was forced to be regaled by a 5 minute (genuinely 5 whole minutes) story which could have been shortened to “I had a tuna melt for lunch”. I even make it blatantly obvious that I’m not listening by rudely staring at my phone the entire time, but doesn’t seem to faze her at all, just continues rattling on with it.

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I am a veteran of such things. And I echo the comments made by others - double standards well in play here. 

All I can suggest is that you find some way of trying to enjoy these shows. I've been through this with Married At First Sight (Australia and UK), Love Island, 90 Day Fiance and many more.  It's like getting a prostate exam - just smile and try to make a joke while it's on. 

Mrs Scottsdad will not watch Star Trek with me. Then again, when we started going out I took her to the cinema to see the then-new Star Trek film. It was Nemesis, the worst of the worst, and I think it put her off for life. 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Mine's takes photos of the sockets when we go away for her peace of mind.  Absolute madness. 

Next time we go away I'm going to sneak in one like this -

View of a dangerously overloaded electrical outlet with multiple... News  Photo - Getty Images

I'll keep that to myself, she'll think that's a great idea if I show her.