Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

22 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Just made me look a right c**t.

We have a gas barbeque and I couldn't get the cannister disconnected from the attachment thingy.So because I have left it out since about April I was convinced myself that it had probably got all rusty and welded itself to the cannister.So since about Tuesday I've been spraying wd40 onto to try and break the rust.Been out the back for about an hour today still couldn't move the thing misses walks over pushes the release button and the thing pops off no bother.

So moral of the tale is 4 ring gas burner free to a good home

Serves you right for saying So three times in the one post.

Only cavemen cook stuff over open flames indoors.  It’s nothing like an outdoor cooker.
Correct. People who think gas Barbecues are pointless dont know how to cook on a barbecue and undoubtedly turn out shite food on a charcoal one also.

Had this conversation loads of times, charcoal is better for sure. Its not by a massive margin though.

Only cavemen cook stuff over open flames indoors.  It’s nothing like an outdoor cooker.
Correct. People who think gas Barbecues are pointless dont know how to cook on a barbecue and undoubtedly turn out shite food on a charcoal one also.

Had this conversation loads of times, charcoal is better for sure. Its not by a massive margin though.

If it doesn't char the food then they are utterly pointless for me and you're as well cooking it inside. Any time I've been to a gas bbq it's tasted no different to oven food.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Agree. The margin is getting slimmer as the gas bbqs get better too. I’d never have had a gas one a few years ago but got one earlier this year after being sick of having to light the fucker 30 mins before cooking and fannying about getting it even etc. The way the gas ones work now I’d be fairly confident on a blind taste test that most folk wouldn’t be able to tell the difference, the fat dripping down onto the flame diffuser creates the smoke effect and it’s so much more convenient. 

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If it doesn't char the food then they are utterly pointless for me and you're as well cooking it inside. Any time I've been to a gas bbq it's tasted no different to oven food.

This is simply someone who doesnt know what they are doing, to be blunt. 

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Agree. The margin is getting slimmer as the gas bbqs get better too. I’d never have had a gas one a few years ago but got one earlier this year after being sick of having to light the fucker 30 mins before cooking and fannying about getting it even etc. The way the gas ones work now I’d be fairly confident on a blind taste test that most folk wouldn’t be able to tell the difference, the fat dripping down onto the flame diffuser creates the smoke effect and it’s so much more convenient. 

Yeah, again said this before, theres a minimal trade off in flavour versus a huge benefit in convenience. I probably barbecue 10 times to every one id have if I relied on charcoal. Sometimes il make everything for dinner in the kitchen but just barbecue a steak, or some chicken or whtever to go with it as its as convenient as a cooker. Best option to have both, but if I could only have 1 it would be gas. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, again said this before, theres a minimal trade off in flavour versus a huge benefit in convenience. I probably barbecue 10 times to every one id have if I relied on charcoal. Sometimes il make everything for dinner in the kitchen but just barbecue a steak, or some chicken or whtever to go with it as its as convenient as a cooker. Best option to have both, but if I could only have 1 it would be gas. 

We have both.  Charcoal one never gets touched these days.

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There are hybrid ones available now but f**k that. Not only is it quick to get cooking on a gas one, it cools down rapid too. Less fannying about all around. 

6 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Charcoal barbecues really aren't that inconvenient if you get the light in the bag charcoal. 

However, I don't BBQ for convenience. I enjoy cooking with proper fire, it's great fun.

Quite, it's all about getting pished and laughing at the poor saps who volunteered to do the cooking. Making it as easy as doing it in the kitchen makes it pointless.

On 21/08/2021 at 12:45, alta-pete said:

Just catching up on this thread - what’s the latest with the mental Colombian, @red23?

It's still going on but its untenable. 

As an example i went out after the football last night until 2am. She asked me "were girls there" i said yeah of course there was it was a bar and she utterly lost it. I didn't text her after 12am or when i arrived home but she has made her mind up that it was because i was banging these girls and talking to them. Which at no point i did.

She said "i thought it was a boys night out for football now i see what it was really about, all about getting girls" absolutely screaming the place down and throwing wild accusations around. She says i clearly cannot be trusted.

Edited by red23

4 minutes ago, red23 said:

It's still going on but its untenable. 

As an example i went out after the football last night until 2am. She asked me "were girls there" i said yeah of course there was it was a bar and she utterly lost it. I didn't text her after 12am or when i arrived home but she has made her mind up that it was because i was banging these girls and talking to them. Which at no point i did.

The way she imagines you left the bar . 

6D708AD5-83A4-4BDC-A37E-425B3DD3D6D2.gif