Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Mines leaves a pile of dishes and says she will do them later, I'll do them for her then because I haven't changed the water half way through she then goes and does them as they're 'dirty'. 

She will put a washing on in the machine and if she's not in when it's finished - at that exact time - she will need to re-wash it. Apparently it'll stink because its sat in the machine. I swear the quickest I've seen a re-wash was about twenty minutes. 

Again, nutters. 

:lol:

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I genuinely think the record for leaving washing out on our line is nearly 2 weeks. I just ignore it until she caves in and takes it in and washes it again.

Fucking fruitloops.

Why wash it again it's only been outside?

I'm doing my bit and recycling tins yet folk are washing perfectly clean washing. Mental.

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

Why wash it again it's only been outside?

I'm doing my bit and recycling tins yet folk are washing perfectly clean washing. Mental.

Because it means she can put the washing machine on again and then no doubt the tumble dryer. Again.

Me: “will we look at holidays for next year? I’m thinking Spain or Greece for a week or two in June”

Her: “let’s do Dubai”

Me: “No I don’t want to go, it’s basically a shopping mall in a desert and it’s far too hot.”

Her: “here’s a hotel in Dubai it’s 3 nights and it’s £700 each.”

Me: “will we look at holidays for next year? I’m thinking Spain or Greece for a week or two in June”

Me: “No I don’t want to go, it’s basically a shopping mall in a desert and it’s far too hot.”

Dubai is somewhere I've never fancied so I'm with you on this.

My other half's cousin lives in Singapore and she's been over a couple of times to visit. I've never been bothered about Singapore so I've never went - it's a stop on the way to Australia as far as I'm concerned.

Every summer (except the last couple, obviously) she asks if I'd be up for going to Singapore. Since moving there her cousin has had 2 kids so it's even less appealing to me than it used to be.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

I think it's one of these places that people seem to like to say they've been to. But it holds zero appeal to me.

And that's before we get into the politics of the place.

4 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I think it's one of these places that people seem to like to say they've been to. But it holds zero appeal to me.

And that's before we get into the politics of the place.

I'd quite like to see it, but not to the extent that I'd have an actual holiday there. I'd maybe extend a stopover to a full day if I was flying through there again.

I’ve been, we had a week there at the end of our honeymoon, and a shopping mall in the desert is a decent description.

We’ve just had our 12th wedding anniversary so it might have changed but it was just building sites when we were there. They had built hotels and then decided they weren’t big enough so knocked them down and were rebuilding them, then the financial crash happened and they had to stop.

The massive shopping mall and the worlds tallest build were nice to see but why do you need an aquarium running through your shops?

Thinking back I wish we had went to Abu Dhabi, that seems more authentic with plenty things to see.

She wants to make a cherry tomato and cheese pasta bake.
Gives me a list and the shop had no feta cheese.
Phone her from car to say going to be another 20 mins going to another shop.
She replied oh any other cheese would have done, I said for fuxxakes there was loads of mozzarella.
Na, not that that one.

Jesus fucking wept

4 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

She wants to make a cherry tomato and cheese pasta bake.
Gives me a list and the shop had no feta cheese.
Phone her from car to say going to be another 20 mins going to another shop.
She replied oh any other cheese would have done, I said for fuxxakes there was loads of mozzarella.
Na, not that that one.

So not a fete accompli then?

Aye, I wouldn’t bother with Dubai again. It’s got a really big building, some other nice/impressive enough buildings and a big shopping centre. That’s basically it. You can’t even really see that far from the top of the big building because of the sand. 

The fact that there’s obvious slavery everywhere is also deeply unpleasant.

25 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye, I wouldn’t bother with Dubai again. It’s got a really big building, some other nice/impressive enough buildings and a big shopping centre. That’s basically it. You can’t even really see that far from the top of the big building because of the sand. 

The fact that there’s obvious slavery everywhere is also deeply unpleasant.

I could live with the slavery and human rights issues. I won't go as it is on my list of places that people tell me I'd love, clearly having taken no notice of what I like and dislike for the last 40 odd years.

"Oh you'd love it, the weather...I don't like it that hot.

The shopping, designer labels...I don't buy that stuff.

The service, 6 star...I hate staff hanging about me, I want peace.

I know, but you'd love it...No I wouldn't, shut up."