Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I don’t know what that’s got to do with it if we are doing alternate mornings though. Also she didn’t have both kids she just had the youngest one.

She had one more than you to look after. Arsey behaviour from you without doubt. 

Just now, Rugster said:

She had one more than you to look after. Arsey behaviour from you without doubt. 

But she didn’t have a job to go to, she was at her mums and going to garden centres. 

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

But she didn’t have a job to go to, she was at her mums and going to garden centres. 

Aye but I bet you had a full night sleep every night without having to tend to the children. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Aye but I bet you had a full night sleep every night without having to tend to the children. 

Well our son wakes up around 6 and my alarm for work goes off at half 6, we aren’t at the sleepless night stages anymore he’s 9 months old now. 

I had a few beers every night of course and it was nice to get in from work and go for a bath and just do my own thing at evenings but it was hardly as if I was on holiday. 

I don’t know what part of the taking taking turn things you don’t get either - she never requested i got up with them for the first few mornings as she’d had them for the week so it was clearly something she sprung on me first thing.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

You're right and she's wrong. However...

I think this is the main point. Being right is a breach of the cohabitation or marriage contract in itself, rendering any perceived victory temporary, pyrrhic and hollow. 

I think this is the main point. Being right is a breach of the cohabitation or marriage contract in itself, rendering any perceived victory temporary, pyrrhic and hollow. 
This is such a 'yer da' pov. I genuinely couldn't be arse with a relationship like that.

Surely that doesn't reflect most real life marriages nowadays?

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

This is such a 'yer da' pov. I genuinely couldn't be arse with a relationship like that.

Surely that doesn't reflect most real life marriages nowadays?

I'm sure that the dynamic in same sex marriages will be different. 

12 hours ago, throbber said:

I don’t know what part of the taking taking turn things you don’t get either - she never requested i got up with them for the first few mornings as she’d had them for the week so it was clearly something she sprung on me first thing.

Isn't it more that she's arguing that 'your day' was null and void because you didn't need to get up any earlier. If you had to get up at 5:30am on your day then she would've done it the next. Therefore no need to request you doing it for the first few mornings. But in this scenario she'd be getting up at 5:30am twice, while you got up once at 6:30am, and then on top of that you had a full week to yourself (yes, you're getting up for work but it's still 3/4 potential 5:30am wake-ups that didn't happen) just last week.

I think if you're going by the letter of the law - luck of the draw - then you're right, but if you're going by common sense/decency you should've just got up.

Spoiler

you lazy c**t

Takes her keys out with her but buzzes the door anyway because "sometimes they're in my backpack and I can't be assed getting them", usually at one of the 3 times in the day I'm actually getting some work done.

Makes extremely vague propositions for what to eat if we don't have anything in (go out for a sandwich at lunch, get some stuff at the supermarket etc) and then becomes exasperated when I don't have an immediate answer for what we should eat. 

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

How so?

Because women have the capability to win any argument by abandoning logic, which men are bound by. 

If neither partner has to use logic or neither can abandon it then something else will need to determine who wins an argument. 

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Isn't it more that she's arguing that 'your day' was null and void because you didn't need to get up any earlier. If you had to get up at 5:30am on your day then she would've done it the next. Therefore no need to request you doing it for the first few mornings. But in this scenario she'd be getting up at 5:30am twice, while you got up once at 6:30am, and then on top of that you had a full week to yourself (yes, you're getting up for work but it's still 3/4 potential 5:30am wake-ups that didn't happen) just last week.

I think if you're going by the letter of the law - luck of the draw - then you're right, but if you're going by common sense/decency you should've just got up.

Hide contents

you lazy c**t

Yeah but we have never altered our days based on how long the kids sleep so it was just her wanting longer in bed which is fair enough I suppose but it could have been agreed beforehand so I don’t really think I did anything wrong and it certainly should have been forgotten about by time I got out of bed. First world problems.

19 hours ago, throbber said:

Well our son wakes up around 6 and my alarm for work goes off at half 6, we aren’t at the sleepless night stages anymore he’s 9 months old now. 

I had a few beers every night of course and it was nice to get in from work and go for a bath and just do my own thing at evenings but it was hardly as if I was on holiday. 

Your kid is nine months' old and you've not yet realised that is a holiday?

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Your kid is nine months' old and you've not yet realised that is a holiday?

It was a bit of a break but I was still working every day so I’m not classing it as a holiday. Was great coming home to the football though and being able to do what I want the second I’m in door.

On 07/07/2021 at 13:39, throbber said:

Like many couples, Me and my Mrs take turns of getting up with the kids each morning. So last week she was away staying with her mum with our son whilst my daughter stayed with my parents and I had the place to my self for the week. So she came back Saturday and it was decided that I would not only be getting up with the kids on Sunday but I’d have to look after them for several hours whilst she went out to the shops which I agreed to. Monday morning she got up with the kids at around 530 but on Tuesday morning (my day to get up with them) they slept til 645 and we both got up when we would have anyway. Then this morning we clearly had our wires crossed as when both kids were awake and screaming at 530 she assumed I should be the one who got up with then as my day yesterday didn’t count as I got to lay in anyway. I argued back that we were doing it day about and that’s just the luck of the draw and then she hit me back with how I got to lay in every day last week when she was away. To avoid any further fallout I got up with the kids but even when she came downstairs after sleeping an extra hour she still gave me attitude as if I’d acted out of order.

You are a disappointing husband, father, lover and man. 

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

96FBFD19-1C2C-4200-B120-66F12668EBBF.gif

Digital blackface too? Can we add “terrible racist” to the list? 

Hope you’re doing okay throbbz. A week of peace sounds amazing and I’m just being bitter and jealous.