Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

20 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Take it you're referring to the skirting board.

Or lack of!

Actually, we had ceramic floor tiles installed and never got around to fitting skirting boards until we changed again to wood flooring.  

I knew my lack of skirting board would get called into question!

Had a leak under the floor so the floor is partially ripped up which includes some of the skirting. Full skirting boards the be restored this weekend.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Or lack of!

Actually, we had ceramic floor tiles installed and never got around to fitting skirting boards until we changed again to wood flooring.  

Sounds like our house - carpet, carpet tiles, ceramic tiles, wooden floor, constant change.

54 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

Should paint that area with an acrylic paint to make those tea/food splashes easier to wipe away IMHO. 

Give him a quote while you're at it.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Sounds like our house - carpet, carpet tiles, ceramic tiles, wooden floor, constant change.

To be fair we only changed the tiles because the builder ballsed them up and they were lifting and they agreed to replace with wood flooring 

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

To be fair we only changed the tiles because the builder ballsed them up and they were lifting and they agreed to replace with wood flooring 

We've had 2 lots of wooden flooring (in the living room) as the first one wasn't put down right. Son-in-law put in the first lot - I used to tell my wife he came up here to practice his DIY so he knew how to do it right for his next job - but step son, who is a joiner, laid the second lot, and there have been no issues..

3 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

“Better to live a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep”

Mussolini 

As long as you don't end up hanging around like he did...

(I'd rather support the Dons, tbqh.)

Edited by Jacksgranda

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

We've had 2 lots of wooden flooring (in the living room) as the first one wasn't put down right. Son-in-law put in the first lot - I used to tell my wife he came up here to practice his DIY so he knew how to do it right for his next job - but step son, who is a joiner, laid the second lot, and there have been no issues..

We have it upstairs and down.  The upstairs fitting was excellent, still perfect after 6 years - no separating, fitter cut into the door frames for a flush finish etc.  The downstairs isn't quite as good with a few minor issues but it's good enough.  Both done by the shops we got the wood from.  

Speaking of bins, im upstairs trying my best to work and I can hear the missus batter a wooden spoon off the edge of the bin (no euph) in the kitchen, probably trying to dislodge a rogue bit of pasta.  

Every fucking time. Just use another dirty spoon to scrape the shit of the wooden spoon ffs.

49 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Speaking of bins, im upstairs trying my best to work and I can hear the missus batter a wooden spoon off the edge of the bin (no euph) in the kitchen, probably trying to dislodge a rogue bit of pasta.  

Every fucking time. Just use another dirty spoon to scrape the shit of the wooden spoon ffs.

You haven't thought this through - she'd need a 2nd spoon to clean the 1st ad infinitum (or until your cutlery drawer is empty)

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You haven't thought this through - she'd need a 2nd spoon to clean the 1st ad infinitum (or until your cutlery drawer is empty)

Nah you see that's wimmin logic.

Theres a whole swathe of festering mouldy spoons sitting in the dishwasher (which cant go on until its 100% full, not 99% or 98% despite me having to wash a fucking bowl for my sugar puffs earlier but thats another story) that she could use to scrape off the wooden spoon instead of trying to batter the bin like some deranged Ukrainian in the woods with a hammer. 

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Nah you see that's wimmin logic.

Theres a whole swathe of festering mouldy spoons sitting in the dishwasher (which cant go on until its 100% full, not 99% or 98% despite me having to wash a fucking bowl for my sugar puffs earlier but thats another story) that she could use to scrape off the wooden spoon instead of trying to batter the bin like some deranged Ukrainian in the woods with a hammer. 

Say no more

My wife is one for wrapping up leftover/opened stuff in small plastic bags.  She ties the end up in tiny knots which are impossible to undo - I end up ripping the bag apart.  It happened just now with a chocolate muffin.   

48 minutes ago, hk blues said:

My wife is one for wrapping up leftover/opened stuff in small plastic bags.  She ties the end up in tiny knots which are impossible to undo - I end up ripping the bag apart.  It happened just now with a chocolate muffin.   

Is that a euphemism?