Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

4 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

No great story to it. The pub was busy and she tried desperately to engage every one of the exclusively male clientelle at one point or another, including the really old fellas, eventually trying to strike up conversation with me after trying everyone else. Even the hoors don't want me. She was steaming as well. The whole thing was very awkward and pretty sad.

Sounds like the two nights I had out in the Dilichip.

10 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I was propositioned by a prostitute in that pub on the one and only occasion I've ever been for a pint with my father in law.

No more pints after awkward 3some

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Had 2 in there also. One in a private function where some fan dan from the Vale insisted he was an Aberdeen fan.

Another at the dancing upstairs where as a 20 year old I was at least 8 years older than the rest of the folk attending. Bouncers weren't giving at f**k. They had lager, but might as well have capped the tap as all the kids bought were alcopops. Ridiculous.

It sounds a wild and wonderful place. My folks had a dog called Balloch but they sent it away as it kept trying to kill me and the cat. My dog is called Renton. One day I look forward to seeing these leafy, idyllic towns.

19 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Had 2 in there also. One in a private function where some fan dan from the Vale insisted he was an Aberdeen fan.

Another at the dancing upstairs where as a 20 year old I was at least 8 years older than the rest of the folk attending. Bouncers weren't giving at f**k. They had lager, but might as well have capped the tap as all the kids bought were alcopops. Ridiculous.

From where?!

The Dilly was the go to place for under-agers, never checked ID and would accept fakes on the rare occasion they did ask for it. At the time you thought it was sound but looking back I'm sure either the owner or the bouncers were nonces. True on the drinks though, I mind standing with a normal pint and seeing everyone around me drinking this green sludge type stuff, it was called a Frog or something and was probably just a pint of fruit juice with a shot of vodka in it. Seemed to attract a lot of rugby types as well, was not my kind of place. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

From where?!

The Dilly was the go to place for under-agers, never checked ID and would accept fakes on the rare occasion they did ask for it. At the time you thought it was sound but looking back I'm sure either the owner or the bouncers were nonces. True on the drinks though, I mind standing with a normal pint and seeing everyone around me drinking this green sludge type stuff, it was called a Frog or something and was probably just a pint of fruit juice with a shot of vodka in it. Seemed to attract a lot of rugby types as well, was not my kind of place. 

My 21st was in the Dilli.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

It’s a TL;DR to Gordon’s link I’m afraid. As per the bulk of his mewlings... Zzzzzz

In true GordonS style, he's charged in to explain things to people who already know them, don't need them explained and have openly discussed them the page before. He's a pellet. Why is it that dim people try and condescend when they're very poorly equipped to? I regularly feel sympathy for GordonD as he's frequently confused for him by posters.

22 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

In true GordonS style, he's charged in to explain things to people who already know them, don't need them explained and have openly discussed them the page before. He's a pellet. Why is it that dim people try and condescend when they're very poorly equipped to? I regularly feel sympathy for GordonD as he's frequently confused for him by posters.

Indeed. I find him to be a pompous know-it-all c**t that’s trapped in the dark ages having actively used a frowned-upon phrase on this very forum then bragged that he’ll continue to do so “amongst friends” despite it doing little to eradicate the scourge that is sectarianism. I’m also led to believe he lied about donating virtual tickets to a couple of EOSFL clubs struggling for funds at the height of the pandemic. 

Edited by 8MileBU

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

Has her phone on silent and stomps about like it's everyone else's fault when she inevitably misplaces it and can't find it because its on silent. 

Htf do they constantly manage to lose their phones?

Me yesterday "work's asked us to go in on Thursdays. Don't know if I'll go in this week or not" 

Me today "i'm going to go to work tomorrow" 

Her "well you could have bloody well told me! Blah blah blah etc" 

I don't know how she found out. 

Does anyone else significant other ever remember something incorrectly, but then be utterly convinced they’re right?
Dont get me wrong, usually they’re right as a cliche but the following occurred last night whilst watching Liverpool:
Me: “still can’t believe we stumbled into a Liverpool supporters club in Berlin, that Sunday”
Her: “that was a Saturday”
Me: “nah it was definitely a Sunday” (assuming it being about football, that it would end there)
Her: “nah you’re wrong it was a Saturday cause we’d been to checkpoint Charlie before the game”
Me: “Checkpoint Charlie was the Saturday...look never mind”
2 hours later....
Her: “ah I’ve checked FaceBook and it was the Sunday
Piss boiled. 

Years ago Hearts played Raith in one of the cups and we went to the replay that was at Tynecastle, out of the blue I was watching Hearts vs Raith on the TV earlier this season at starks park and she come out with "we've been there". After many attempts to convince her otherwise she was determined we went to starks park, I've never been inside starks in my life.

And before anyone says shes getting porked by a raith fan she had never been at the football before we were together and all raith fans are VLs.

5 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Years ago Hearts played Raith in one of the cups and we went to the replay that was at Tynecastle, out of the blue I was watching Hearts vs Raith on the TV earlier this season at starks park and she come out with "we've been there". After many attempts to convince her otherwise she was determined we went to starks park, I've never been inside starks in my life.

And before anyone says shes getting porked by a raith fan she had never been at the football before we were together and all raith fans are VLs.

I've been to Starks Park, could have been me...

On 18/05/2021 at 15:23, 100kToilets said:

To be fair, although Vale of Leven refers to the whole area, locally, when people say "the vale" it almost always means Alexandria, or even Alexandria town centre. If you say to someone you'll meet them in the Vale it means alexandria. People rarely say the Vale of leven even to refer to the whole area or where they're from. It will be Bonhill, Balloch, Renton, alexandria/the Vale etc. 

Your username is absolutely superb. 
For me the reason people seem to get so confused (well reasonable people dont) is that the hospital, the high school etc are called The Vale. 

On 18/05/2021 at 18:24, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Plus it’s not Renton.

It’s The Renton.

Or ‘the rintin’. Some of the maddest people ive ever encountered in my life were from there.