Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

45 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Pretty much it. Wasn't thinking earlier and clicked on it. Was away to start popping in details and then realised they were asking card and account details. 

It happens, my older brother once got a call years ago and was about halfway through giving away his bank info before my mum (who had by chance popped into the kitchen to grab something) clocked what he was doing and grabbed his attention. Managed to snap him out of it with some frantic gestures I think, something like that!

I normally give a quick cursory google of either the actual number that's calling/texting or the body of the message, usually instructive as to whether its been flagged as a scam. Occasionally get HSBC scam ones too, who I don't even bank with.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

3 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

It happens, my older brother once got a call years ago and was about halfway through giving away his bank info before my mum (who had by chance popped into the kitchen to grab something) clocked what he was doing and grabbed his attention. Managed to snap him out of it with some frantic gestures I think, something like that!

I normally give a quick cursory google of either the actual number that's calling/texting or the body of the message, usually instructive as to whether its been flagged as a scam. Occasionally get HSBC scam ones too, who I don't even bank with.

Aye I usually give it an "aye right" and delete straight away, still can't believe I even clicked on it.

FWIW it's worrying as once you get there they've cloned the post office website pretty well and all the links on the page take you to real post office pages. 

Never thought about googling the body of the message that's a great shout (although almost all can be dismissed out of hand anyway)

3 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Have cancelled the card and moved all the money into another account for now. All seems to be okay... Still though what an idiot, they don't even deliver on Sundays emoji38.png

Actually we’ve just started that 

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Pretty much it. Wasn't thinking earlier and clicked on it. Was away to start popping in details and then realised they were asking card and account details. 

It came from 07487400021 but pretty much the exact same text.

On 20/03/2021 at 11:46, Busta Nut said:

It seems to be edging towards me getting stick for having the audacity to go to work while she looks after the baby. As if I am on some sort of 8 hours holiday.

Used to get this too. But weirdly, if she had a weekend shift and I was at home with the boys, suddenly having to go to work was absolute fucking hell and I was incredibly lucky to be at home doing something as piss easy as looking after two toddlers 😡 😡 

TBF on more than 50 occasions I drove the long way home after work from Livingston down the Calders road just to give myself an extra 25 minutes blissful p&q. No radio on nothing. Just silence. 

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

The first lassie I lived with went through a power of toilet roll, sometimes going through one of the big multipacks in a week. I was young, so didn't think much of it.

One day I visited the lavvy, sat on the throne, and found myself face to face with a nest of bloody toilet paper perched on the edge of the bath. Apparently she used bum tickets instead of pads and had forgotten to dispose of the evidence while changing  :mellow:

Fucking fucks sake. Honest to god. 

We had turkey for tea. Because i was working, she went for it all and cooked it. Why did this get on my tits? She said she had got stuffing to go with it and couldn’t find it anywhere. (The kitchen was a mess, but it usually is when she cooks. Doesn’t bother me because it gets tidied once we are done) anyway she thinks she has left it at the checkout, so i am sent for another pack. We have tea, get tidied and what do i find on the bunker under the microwave covers? The original pack of stuffing that she “had definitely left at the checkouts”

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

We had turkey for tea. Because i was working, she went for it all and cooked it. Why did this get on my tits? She said she had got stuffing to go with it and couldn’t find it anywhere. (The kitchen was a mess, but it usually is when she cooks. Doesn’t bother me because it gets tidied once we are done) anyway she thinks she has left it at the checkout, so i am sent for another pack. We have tea, get tidied and what do i find on the bunker under the microwave covers? The original pack of stuffing that she “had definitely left at the checkouts”

Stuff her with it.

58 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

What are microwave covers?

For a while now, I've been receiving around four calls a day from a Liverpool number that seems to be well known for financial scams; searching for the number brought up hundreds of folk saying it was used for a variety of different fronts to try and extort money. Must admit that I'm a bit curious to know what they're trying at the moment, as I've never actually picked up.

I find it a bit weird that loads of people can be complaining about certain numbers as being used by fraudsters over a long period of time, yet they're still operating.