Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

11 hours ago, Al B said:

My wife won't even entertain a question/conversation about toilet habits/behaviour so I darent ask, however I can only assume that given the quite fucking staggering rate we go through toilet roll, women don't run with the "2 sheets, folded" technique, and have some other "grab the roll and wrap it round your hand 18 times" style.

My ex used to go through ridiculous amounts, she’d stay over here and there’d be less than half of a full toilet roll left after a new one had been put on the holder and she’d only have been here for about 12 hours.

Just dumped her instead of having the awkward conversation

11 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

My ex used to go through ridiculous amounts, she’d stay over here and there’d be less than half of a full toilet roll left after a new one had been put on the holder and she’d only have been here for about 12 hours.

Just dumped her instead of having the awkward conversation

It’s definitely a thing.  I think they all do that hand wrap thing where they wrap about 40 sheets of paper round their hand for a single wipe.

She can be a very noisy eater at times, so what does she buy yesterday?? A big bag of walkers "max double crunch". I'm actually surprised none of the posters on here who live abroad didn't hear the fucking crunching.

My wife won't even entertain a question/conversation about toilet habits/behaviour so I darent ask, however I can only assume that given the quite fucking staggering rate we go through toilet roll, women don't run with the "2 sheets, folded" technique, and have some other "grab the roll and wrap it round your hand 18 times" style.
We've not talked about it in detail obviously but I think you're right. Unfortunately my wife seems to have taught our daughter the same technique - another bulk-buy required from Costco.

53 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Have cancelled the card and moved all the money into another account for now. All seems to be okay... Still though what an idiot, they don't even deliver on Sundays emoji38.png

I am hoping you moved the money to a proper account rather than the missus transfering it to some account set up for her by the daughter of a dead Kenyan prince?

The first lassie I lived with went through a power of toilet roll, sometimes going through one of the big multipacks in a week. I was young, so didn't think much of it.

One day I visited the lavvy, sat on the throne, and found myself face to face with a nest of bloody toilet paper perched on the edge of the bath. Apparently she used bum tickets instead of pads and had forgotten to dispose of the evidence while changing  :mellow:

When she’s finished hovering she just puts the power off at the wall without turning the hoover off and when I go to plug the hoover in next time its used it the power is on the second i put the plug in the wall and I get a fright.

Have cancelled the card and moved all the money into another account for now. All seems to be okay... Still though what an idiot, they don't even deliver on Sundays [emoji38]
I assume it cost you £1.79 for that underpaid postage though [emoji57]

On 20/03/2021 at 12:03, Al B said:

My wife is the complete opposite and she feels it is important to give me every little detail about what goes on when she is in the toilet. I’d much rather be in your situation as it is not pleasant to listen to.

5 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Puts our joint bank account details into a royal mail scam.

4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The "you've got a delivery waiting, please pay 1.99 scam"?

Same number?

Screenshot_20210321-162746.png

6 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Pretty much it. Wasn't thinking earlier and clicked on it. Was away to start popping in details and then realised they were asking card and account details. 

This isn’t a dig at you, but I cannot fathom how anyone under the age of 75 who is even the slightest bit used to basic technology can get caught out by this. 

Why on earth were you about to put any details into a link received by text?!

7 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Pretty much it. Wasn't thinking earlier and clicked on it. Was away to start popping in details and then realised they were asking card and account details. 

I get these kind of messages all the time. I've found that genuine company messages either won't let me respond or if you do it sends an automated response back saying they won't receive the message. I usually send some kind of response hoping for a message back from the dickheads. Never seems to happen though sadly. 

Screenshot_20210321-163953.png

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

This isn’t a dig at you, but I cannot fathom how anyone under the age of 75 who is even the slightest bit used to basic technology can get caught out by this. 

Why on earth were you about to put any details into a link received by text?!

No idea man, I'm honestly usually exactly the same as you when I hear these stories. Knew I was an absolute idiot as soon as I noticed it. Had a bit of insomnia recently so putting it down to that