Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

I get the impression that this "no pineapple on anything" thing is more to do with people just not liking pineapple. Bit weird that they've turned it into a some kind of crusade, though. There are other foodstuffs that are more universally detested, I'd have thought.

Why is anything with pineapple on automatically "hawaiian"? I've known a few Hawaiians, and never saw them with a pineapple even once.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I get the impression that this "no pineapple on anything" thing is more to do with people just not liking pineapple. Bit weird that they've turned it into a some kind of crusade, though. There are other foodstuffs that are more universally detested, I'd have thought.

Why is anything with pineapple on automatically "hawaiian"? I've known a few Hawaiians, and never saw them with a pineapple even once.

Did you search them carefully?

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I think it's more the fact that it's a sweet flavoured piece of fruit getting put on a savoury dish like pizza or gammon steak that folk have an issue with.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Did you search them carefully?

As far as they'd let me.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I think it's more the fact that it's a sweet flavoured piece of fruit getting put on a savoury dish like pizza or gammon steak that folk have an issue with.

Christ, if we were outing all the sweet/savoury combinations, we'd be here all day.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

As far as they'd let me.

Christ, if we were outing all the sweet/savoury combinations, we'd be here all day.

There may well be more, it still doesn't make it less disgusting.  Keep them apart ffs.  

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

There may well be more, it still doesn't make it less disgusting.  Keep them apart ffs.  

No pancakes for you last month, I take it  :P

16 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Beetroot?

Jesus f**k. Surely not.

That's what I thought but was scared to mention it for fear of ridicule when it turned out to be something else.

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Culturally, a tomato is a vegetable.

You're a vegetable 

40 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Would you put some slices of banana in your cheeseburger?  It's the same thing as pineapple on a pizza.

Pineapple is not the same as banana. Cheeseburger usually contains gherkin and tomato. Both fruit. 

31 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It was classed as a vegetable by the US Supreme Court due to its culinary uses. 

They don't have jurisdiction here. And it is an established fact that Americans are really thick. 

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

So the issue is you have an unsophisticated palate. The acid and sugar in fruit is widely used to counter balance the umami saltiness of meats. Stick to your findus crispy pancakes. 

Just now, coprolite said:

You're a vegetable 

Pineapple is not the same as banana. Cheeseburger usually contains gherkin and tomato. Both fruit. 

They don't have jurisdiction here. And it is an established fact that Americans are really thick. 

So the issue is you have an unsophisticated palate. The acid and sugar in fruit is widely used to counter balance the umami saltiness of meats. Stick to your findus crispy pancakes. 

Gherkins and tomatos are savoury m6, regardless of their food group.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's what I thought but was scared to mention it for fear of ridicule when it turned out to be something else.

I'm sure I remember something about shredded beetroot mixed into mince making for tasty burger patties.

Then again, I might just be thinking of an outtake from the dinner scene in Salo. Either/or.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Gherkins and tomatos are savoury m6, regardless of their food group.

Sugar is a part of the pickling process.

God damn those deviant gherkin b*****ds. I never trusted them.