Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

She ordered a parcel from a company we know uses Hermes to deliver. Despite the fact the estimated free delivery with Royal Mail was Tuesday, she paid the extra to have guaranteed delivery today via Hermes.

Guess what happened?

Status
Update on your parcel
We're sorry your parcel has been delayed, we'll have it on the move in the next 24 hours

ETA: She's now raging at me, because "I fucking told you" wasn't a helpful response.

Edited by Mark Connolly

On 12/12/2020 at 13:48, Mark Connolly said:

She ordered a parcel from a company we know uses Hermes to deliver. Despite the fact the estimated free delivery with Royal Mail was Tuesday, she paid the extra to have guaranteed delivery today via Hermes.

Guess what happened?

ETA: She's now raging at me, because "I fucking told you" wasn't a helpful response.

I know you're all excited to know what happened here.

It still hasn't arrived.

At the moment we're having some disagreements over things which count as being 'very important'.

She knows that my ability to write anything lengthy requiring some decent structure comes in fragile peaks and lengthy troughs.  Therefore, when I'm in peak mode when the brain is in full flow, the office door is shut after I politely ask her to leave me alone unless it's for something particularly important.  Interruptions almost always bring the productive flow to a grinding halt.

Anyway... amongst other things, emergencies of late have included: 

• The weather says it might be raining later, thought you should know in case you want a walk.
  • Would you like a cup of tea? 
  • I'm thinking of heading to the shop later, would you prefer potato wedges or chips? 
  • That was the fence guy on the phone who says he's still coming tomorrow.
  • Is it warm enough for you? I might put the heating on a bit early because I'm cold.   

Sounds ungrateful I know as she's trying to be nice, but I've genuinely lost hours of work time to most of the above and sometimes it's genuinely infuriating.  I'll just work later to meet my target if required, but I'd obviously rather not.  Plus it eats into our 'together time'. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

One of the kids has done a christmas picture which is ok, i mean it's a bit clichéd and the use of colour is fairly naive, but it's pleasant enough.  

The wife has decided that the best place for this drawing is on the window immediately between my work area and my view of the garden, specifically the bird feeders. Clearly i can't take it down so I'm going to have to move around the table. Arsehole. 

Finally got through to the wife regarding giving Christmas presents to the kids teachers.

The school have expressly banned it. In fact I think our school maybe even banned this last year pre covid. But no.... It doesnt "sit right" with her so the presents are ready to go.

Had to explain repeatedly that the weans P1 teacher doesnt know us, and is therefore unlikely to make exceptions and break rules for us. Nor should she be put in the position of making that call.

A rare win for common sense, but theres still a few school days to go so we will see......