Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

13 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

She takes about 25 mins to go to bed after she announces "I am away to bed". Not cos she's doing things. Cos she sits on her fucking phone for 25 mins.

She's getting really piss off when I say "You missed it as you were on your phone" when she asks "what happened there?" in a film or TV show.

I could have written this, word for word.

Feeling your pain / frustration, Busta..........😷

13 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

She takes about 25 mins to go to bed after she announces "I am away to bed". Not cos she's doing things. Cos she sits on her fucking phone for 25 mins.

I get this in reverse in the morning. Alarm set for 0615hrs, and instead of getting up she's still lying there half an hour later looking at pictures of dogs. I've actually heard her say 'I'm going to be late now', and still keep on trawling through Instagram, oblivious to the clock. 

Now I'm working from home half the time, it's amusing to see the panic set in as she realises she's no chance of making it in on time, with my laughing at the situation turning the heat up under things every day as we inch closer to Fridays.

My wife is exactly the same, not just when going to bed but when she announces she's about to do anything it'll take a good 15-20 mins for her to check all social media before she actually does it.

Guest bernardblack
I get this in reverse in the morning. Alarm set for 0615hrs, and instead of getting up she's still lying there half an hour later looking at pictures of dogs. I've actually heard her say 'I'm going to be late now', and still keep on trawling through Instagram, oblivious to the clock. 

Now I'm working from home half the time, it's amusing to see the panic set in as she realises she's no chance of making it in on time, with my laughing at the situation turning the heat up under things every day as we inch closer to Fridays.

I couldn’t think of anything worse than social media first thing in the morning.

The thought of work is bad enough without seeing someone tag themselves into the airport with pictures of their drinks and the “how’s your Tuesday??”

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

I couldn’t think of anything worse than social media first thing in the morning.

The thought of work is bad enough without seeing someone tag themselves into the airport with pictures of their drinks and the “how’s your Tuesday??”

Calling Cards of Morons thread for this pish.

Also, I agree with what you say.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Sounds like a lot of folks' partners on here genuinely have a social media addiction (presumably that's what said partners are always looking at on their phones).

Mrs closed all hers. Now she borrows my phone and uses it to look up all the same folk, like stuff and post comments as if it's from me. 

Mrs closed all hers. Now she borrows my phone and uses it to look up all the same folk, like stuff and post comments as if it's from me. 
I'm not sure whether that is worse than those couples (usually older) who have a jointly named facebook account.

31 minutes ago, Markka said:
38 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

I'm not sure whether that is worse than those couples (usually older) who have a jointly named facebook account.

It's a bit confusing on the rare occasions I log in to see who I have been looking up or what conversations I've been having with someone about puppies or tearooms,

24 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

You received any cock pics yet ?

They never arrived - want to re-send? 

A lot of folk don't realise how serious social media addiction is, and how big an issue it's becoming.

It's a very fast growing problem and is starting to have very negative effects on a lot of people.

Would seriously suggest people look in to it.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

A lot of folk don't realise how serious social media addiction is, and how big an issue it's becoming.

It's a very fast growing problem and is starting to have very negative effects on a lot of people.

Would seriously suggest people look in to it.

I've cut back massively on Facebook, from spending hours on it to now checking it only every other day for a couple of minutes.

My biggest problem is this place, tbh. I hate to think the amount of hours I spend browsing the forum.

20 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I've cut back massively on Facebook, from spending hours on it to now checking it only every other day for a couple of minutes.

My biggest problem is this place, tbh. I hate to think the amount of hours I spend browsing the forum.

Thankfully on here folk are, obvious fantasists/trolls/morons/tossers aside, pretty honest. Folk aren't pretending to he 'living their best life' and here isn't flooded with unrealistic images and snapshots of a single second that paint a very different picture to reality.

Basically being on here is far, far less harmful than places like Facebook and Instagram.

8 hours ago, Saigon Raider said:
17 hours ago, Markka said:

I had an older mate in Vietnam who passed away a few years ago. His wife now posts from his FB account - freaks me out every time I see it.

My wife is to under strict instructions to take over mine if I die, and message folk randomly for this reason

2 hours ago, deej said:

My wife is to under strict instructions to take over mine if I die, and message folk randomly for this reason

Record voice notes and send them to her, upon your demise she will be able to forward them on to unsuspecting friends. Bonus points for recording said voice notes in a tunnel for max echo

11 hours ago, Saigon Raider said:
21 hours ago, Markka said:

I had an older mate in Vietnam who passed away a few years ago. His wife now posts from his FB account - freaks me out every time I see it.

Girl I used to work with passed away suddenly and then after a few months we all started getting candy crush requests from her account as her maw was using it to get more lives or whatever she needed.