Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Buying the pack of eight Kellogg’s cereals.

Number of issues...

Expensive
Always a couple of ones that no one likes get left lying around
Clutter
We don’t have wee kids anymore which this is aimed at so a pack is no longer a portion.

It does solve one issue though. Her inability to open cereal bags so that the end can be rolled up and stop the cereal losing crispness. Usually she tears it somehow which results in it being open to the air and ends up with cereal between the plastic and the cardboard.

People that don't fold the bag back into the box to preserve crispness should be publicly executed imo.

50 minutes ago, Empty It said:

People that don't fold the bag back into the box to preserve crispness should be publicly executed imo.

For anyone struggling with a partner who doesn't do this, float the idea that spiders like to hide in cereal boxes.

I believe I saw something about that in the excellent 1990 documentary Arachnophobia.

21 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

When imparting vital newsworthy shit (normally from Facebook) instead of distilling the highlights she reads the entire dreary article

This. A million times this.

On 08/11/2020 at 08:12, mizfit said:

Her: “so and so has just been taken away for her birthday by her fiancé, can you take me away for mine next month?

Me: “I bought your birthday last month already, you asked me for that perfume and those trainers.”

Her: sits in silence all night sighing and sending me text messages with hotels.

What did you think would happen when you bought her birthday presents two months in advance? 

When imparting vital newsworthy shit (normally from Facebook) instead of distilling the highlights she reads the entire dreary article

Usually in some weird 'reading voice', similar to how parents read out bedtime stories in some put-on manner.

On 10/11/2020 at 20:25, BigFatTabbyDave said:

For anyone struggling with a partner who doesn't do this, float the idea that spiders like to hide in cereal boxes.

I believe I saw something about that in the excellent 1990 documentary Arachnophobia.

Fucking spiders. Herself deals with blood, illness, needles, surgical procedures, and all the rest on a daily basis without fuss, yet the sight of a spider on the wall of the stairs of an evening reduces her to a state of panic. She'd actually sleep downstairs than go up to her bed if she'd to get past one of them. Pretty much everything she watches on The Netflix is about serial killers or murderers, but spiders are the real terror. 

As for getting her to watch Arachnophobia :lol:  

33 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Usually in some weird 'reading voice', similar to how parents read out bedtime stories in some put-on manner.

Mine usually sits behind a desk shuffling papers before reading a news story and finishes by introducing someone else to do the weather. I'm married to Moira Stewart though. 

I feel like I've been in this thread a lot recently. I do love my other half (honest) but she can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

Anyway, we moved in together roughly this time 2 years ago and pretty much straight away she wanted to put the Christmas decorations up. We "compromised" and they ended up going up the first weekend in December. Last year they went up a bit earlier (not my choice) around the last week of November.

Last night I went upstairs to play Fifa for a couple of hours. I've come downstairs to be met with Christmas decorations all over the place. Get into the living room and the tree etc. is lying out in preparation for going up this weekend. Apparently its acceptable to put the decorations up just now as there's a pandemic going on - as if that has fucking anything to do with anything.

On 10/11/2020 at 12:20, JoseMarooniho said:

With me in the background bleating “Yes, I saw that...I know, I’ve already read it...yes, I...I...”

Doesn't even slow her down. 

49 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I feel like I've been in this thread a lot recently. I do love my other half (honest) but she can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

Anyway, we moved in together roughly this time 2 years ago and pretty much straight away she wanted to put the Christmas decorations up. We "compromised" and they ended up going up the first weekend in December. Last year they went up a bit earlier (not my choice) around the last week of November.

Last night I went upstairs to play Fifa for a couple of hours. I've come downstairs to be met with Christmas decorations all over the place. Get into the living room and the tree etc. is lying out in preparation for going up this weekend. Apparently its acceptable to put the decorations up just now as there's a pandemic going on - as if that has fucking anything to do with anything.

I don't see anything wrong with that logic. Maybe I've been married too long...

This is our 3rd Christmas living together. The first 2 years the tree was up by the last week in November.

This year she’s gonna be in for a shock when she realises I put the decorations at my mum and dads when we cleared out the back cupboard and forgot to collect them.

1st December will do us.

I don't see anything wrong with that logic. Maybe I've been married too long...
My counter argument was that we can't have visitors so there's no point in decorations since no one will see them.

Fell on deaf ears and I'll be left hoovering up bits of glitter until June.

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

My counter argument was that we can't have visitors so there's no point in decorations since no one will see them.

Fell on deaf ears and I'll be left hoovering up bits of glitter until June.

Easy seeing who wears the trousers in your place! 

Belter from her the other night... Both go to bed, she sleeps with earplugs in generally, so just before she puts them in she says "putting my ear plugs in so I cant hear you, night"

About 3 minutes later.... "WHAT DO YOU FANCY FOR DINNER TOMORROW?"

Me "Dunno wel sort it tomorrow"

Her "CANNY HEAR YOU"

f**k sake.

Guest bernardblack

I got the exercise bike out and ready in the living room last night, in preparation for a workout before work.

Had the worst sleep so ignored the alarm and thought to myself I’d workout at lunch instead.

This morning:

“Are you moving that bike?”

“Nah I’m just going to use it at lunchtime”

“I’d rather you moved it incase the neighbours saw it sat there”

Aye I’m sure we’d be the talk of the street for having an exercise bike set up