Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

My Mrs would have more in common with the stories in here than me. I'm not a slob but I'm untidy whereas she definitely has OCD so it's me who drives her nuts.

I wouldn't mind her OCD if she just did what she had to do, it's the accompanying passive aggressive commentary that grinds on me: "oh look, that was sitting there yesterday, I suppose I'll have to move it", "I'll empty the dishwasher because it won't do itself". When I do chip in with the housework, I do it wrong. You really can't win.

For those of you who live with slobs; cherish them. Cherish them dearly.

My Mrs is absolutely awful for leaving stuff around the house. Dishes and rubbish left where she was sitting instead of taking it to the dishwasher or bin. The worst is used cotton buds, it’s minging coming in seeing them just left on the side of the couch.

As standard, she is constantly moaning about the house being a mess even though I am the one tidying up all her shite.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

People who've been on a safe lifting class whose work usually involves no more than a pack of A4 copier paper, and think their certificate gives them super powers. Had a friend round to help me move a ton of books down the stairs from a 3rd floor flat. Had them in big boxes designed for a 2 man lift which he ignored against my instructions, did his back in the first one so sat on the sofa with a cup of tea while I had to lump them all myself. Also, c***s who pack big boxes full of books.

They're awful for that at my work. Packing 100lb of shite into massive tubs and expecting that big burly men will come in and just magic them all away. Doesn't matter how many times H&S get them telt. My favourite was when one of them was asked to help out and they said, "you can't expect me to lift that!"  :lol:

Anyway, your pal's a legend and I wish I had his balls. Bet you even made him the tea, didn't you?

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

As standard, she is constantly moaning about the house being a mess even though I am the one tidying up all her shite.

If I'd I shilling for every time I've heard 'this house is a shit tip' this house would be made of solid gold. 

On Saturday, she tells me 'this is a box of stuff to go in the boot of the car'., and drops it at the door where it's getting in the way. Scrapers, de-icer, etc. Since she put it down beside the door, she's gone through said door half a dozen times to go out to the car and back and every time has ignored the box. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

If I'd I shilling for every time I've heard 'this house is a shit tip' this house would be made of solid gold. 

On Saturday, she tells me 'this is a box of stuff to go in the boot of the car'., and drops it at the door where it's getting in the way. Scrapers, de-icer, etc. Since she put it down beside the door, she's gone through said door half a dozen times to go out to the car and back and every time has ignored the box. 

Her favourite is walking down the stairs empty handed and saying "can you bring the washing basket down with you". 🙄

You both need murdered for the mess atop the cupboards tbf. 
Between the copious fry light and oils there.. Surprised there is room for much else

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Had them in big boxes designed for a 2 man lift which he ignored against my instructions, did his back in the first one so sat on the sofa with a cup of tea while I had to lump them all myself. 

Hard to dislike your mate t.b.h.

I think the invention of the up to date Mobile device has killed the myth that woman can multi task and men somehow can't.

Like many others on here, my missus picks up her phone quite a few times when we are watching a film or whatever. Admittedly I do too, even using my laptop at times however I tend to have the ability to even listen to what's goin on if my eyes are down for more than 5 seconds.

She however gets into a trance and misses about 2 mins of something and it drives me insane. I often say nothing happened then whenever she is really confused about something I tell her she missed that bit when she was on her phone. Massive offence is taken to this (must be the way I say it) and results in her arguing that I look at mine too but she has f**k all to say when I ask how many times I asked what happened or what is going on.

With working from home the last few months we've had a bit of extra money due to not having to travel etc. She's used this money to do some bits around the house which is absolutely fine.

One of the things she bought was a pedal bin at a cost of £70. It has 3 compartments which makes it easier for recycling. Sounds great except she just fires everything in the general waste compartment which completely defeats the purpose. She'd have been as well just firing the £70 into the perfectly good bin we had before.

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

With working from home the last few months we've had a bit of extra money due to not having to travel etc. She's used this money to do some bits around the house which is absolutely fine.

One of the things she bought was a pedal bin at a cost of £70. It has 3 compartments which makes it easier for recycling. Sounds great except she just fires everything in the general waste compartment which completely defeats the purpose. She'd have been as well just firing the £70 into the perfectly good bin we had before.

:lol:

Brilliant!!!

Her: “so and so has just been taken away for her birthday by her fiancé, can you take me away for mine next month?

Me: “I bought your birthday last month already, you asked me for that perfume and those trainers.”

Her: sits in silence all night sighing and sending me text messages with hotels.

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

Her: “so and so has just been taken away for her birthday by her fiancé, can you take me away for mine next month?

Me: “I bought your birthday last month already, you asked me for that perfume and those trainers.”

Her: sits in silence all night sighing and sending me text messages with hotels.

Can you not use the "there's a pandemic" excuse for not going on holiday?

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Buying the pack of eight Kellogg’s cereals.

Number of issues...

Expensive
Always a couple of ones that no one likes get left lying around
Clutter
We don’t have wee kids anymore which this is aimed at so a pack is no longer a portion.

It does solve one issue though. Her inability to open cereal bags so that the end can be rolled up and stop the cereal losing crispness. Usually she tears it somehow which results in it being open to the air and ends up with cereal between the plastic and the cardboard.

9 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I can only deduce that many of the contributors to this thread were  virgins before meeting their current partners, such is the obvious 'but no one else will shag me' red flag avoiding nonsense displayed.

Anyone holding out for a woman without any behaviour that won't bug the shit out of you after several years will be waiting a long, long time. 

46 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Anyone holding out for a woman without any behaviour that won't bug the shit out of you after several years will be waiting a long, long time. 

There's a big difference between the daft wee things that a partner does that annoy you and some of the manipulative and controlling behaviour that others mention.