Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

I used to phone [mention=1852]Rugster[/mention] every night on the way home from work. I was on a bus through. A night one from Toryglen to Rutherglen that went through The Circus. I phoned him to make him feel guilty for not picking me up and/or to hear me getting murdered by the local junkies.
Despite all of that, the last couple of pages are a good indication of how he probably felt on each of those calls. The b*****d.

Her: if you're through the house, can you get a towel for my shower please?
Me: sure, here you go.
Her: there's only one here.
Me: "a towel" means one
Her: You should know that I need an extra one for my hair
Me: Just ask for two then
Her: Why?
Me: feels like...

source.gif&key=df9d4665de614cf1efee4ca3a10097e953d64b5819e92c74a1238ef29db2aaba

The fucking towels...use up all the towels, when we go away anywhere overnight the amount of towels we take becouse one towel apparently can't dry her hair and her body. And then a hair dryer also becouse the dedicated towel hasn't got the full spectrum of drying capabilities.

Guest bernardblack
Honestly the work chat about colleagues, and general tasks they’ve had to do that day, is fucking brutal. I will never understand the enjoyment they seem to get out of talking about work, or some random colleague, for ages after they’ve actually finished work.

Always riles her as well when she asks about my work and I say “fine”. Actually annoys her that I don’t want to spend my precious free time recounting the boring day I’ve had at work. Baffling.

This. 100% this.

Once I’m finished work, I’m not speaking about work. Especially since I’ve been working from home.

She spent 4 (four) hours at IKEA yesterday, buying one thing we didn’t need, while I was working at home. I had quite a busy day in and out of calls , getting chased for passed deadlines and having to deal with all manner of shite. She came home and made a fairly simple late lunch which I was quite grateful for.  
She spent the rest of the day moaning that I should have made lunch because I was just sat there while she’d been busy. 

20 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Half-arsed "uh-huh"s and "nuh-uh"s which makes yes vs no indiscernible.

Me: Was that a no???

Her: No, I said yes!  Listen.

Mine has a very specific version of this for answering questions about the heating or the boiler.

me: did you turn the hot water off before we left?

her: I put it aw in the afternoon 

me: on or off?

her: aw!

me: for fucks sake woman speak properly! is it on or off?

Her: I told you I put it aw.

me: for the love of god! Do I need to go back to turn it off?

her: yes, we can’t leave it aw all week. I told you I’d turned it aw earlier.

2 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Once I’m finished work, I’m not speaking about work. Especially since I’ve been working from home.

We've been married almost seven years and have given her such little information about the places I've worked that, to this day, I'm not sure she's any idea what I actually do, other than it's something to do with houses and buildings. 

Conversely, thanks to all the bits of information I get from her about her place, I'm the equivalent of being halfway through a nursing degree and knowing where everyone at ARI is (or was) going on holiday or doing to their houses for the next six months. 

Edited by Jimmy Shaker

30 minutes ago, coprolite said:

She spent 4 (four) hours at IKEA yesterday, buying one thing we didn’t need, while I was working at home. I had quite a busy day in and out of calls , getting chased for passed deadlines and having to deal with all manner of shite. She came home and made a fairly simple late lunch which I was quite grateful for.  
She spent the rest of the day moaning that I should have made lunch because I was just sat there while she’d been busy. 

On anecdotal evidence one common theme of working from home seems to be that some women think their partners are sat at home doing f**k all. 

Just now, Dee Man said:

On anecdotal evidence one common theme of working from home seems to be that some women think their partners are sat at home doing f**k all. 

For balance, i did have a 90 minute break later in the afternoon to watch rubiks cube tutorials on youtube. 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

For balance, i did have a 90 minute break later in the afternoon to watch rubiks cube tutorials on youtube. 

Would have been class if she came home, came to bring you lunch and you were sitting with your feet up playing with a rubiks cube. 

Further to the working from home line of this thread, she seems to think that because I'm in all day she's first call on what I do with my time, not the people paying me. This has now gotten to the point where - despite Coronavirus - I'm more than happy to take my chances with a train to and from work and an office full of people because if I don't find some level of productivity soon I'll probably be out on my arse. 

And despite me having had something in the region of 30 days holiday a year since the day we met, she is under the impression I get about double that and takes the hump when told I can't get a fortnight off in November for no fucking reason. That includes this year, when there's nowhere to go, nothing to do and we've f**k all money to do anything with anyway. 

21 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

[at a bonfire]

Me: *prods embers, chucks log on, stands staring at fire*

Her: God what is it with men and fires they're obsessed with fire you're not cavemen anymore

[at home]

Me: right that's the fire burning well I'm off upstairs to get on with work

Me (coming downstairs for a cup of tea): How come the fire's gone out?

Her: Hmm? Oh I didn't notice.

You've set her on fire now, yes?

Been getting the "You're working from home, that means you can do anything that needs done at home" thing recently. I probably didn't help myself by actually being able to do that earlier this year when it was quiet, but right now things are absolutely fucking mentally busy and I barely have time for a shite break never mind to drop her off at her sisters, take the recycling to the dump on the way back and then do the shopping so she doesn't have to wait and hope that the wee man has his afternoon nap at the right time for her to do it.

Worked from 7:30am to 9:30pm yesterday, which according to her means I can leave at lunchtime today because I must have already done everything.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

We've been married almost seven years and have given her such little information about the places I've worked that, to this day, I'm not sure she's any idea what I actually do, other than it's something to do with houses and buildings. 

Conversely, thanks to all the bits of information I get from her about her place, I'm the equivalent of being halfway through a nursing degree and knowing where everyone at ARI is (or was) going on holiday or doing to their houses for the next six months. 

Ha! I'm the pie and bovril midwife. I could have you up in the stirrups, induced and back home in about 20 minutes.

Eta, oh aye, the baby, don't forget to take that with you.

Next!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson