Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

41 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Wife shouts something to me from another room

Me - shouts back reply

Wife - no response

Me - "did you hear me?"

Wife - no response

I get up and go through to her 

Wife shouts immediately before I can say anything - "I'm not shouting through to you"

Me - leaves room shaking head

Wife shouts through - "where are you going?"

Me - shouts "Im not shouting through to you"

I have stopped trying to communicate that way. She "talks" to me from upstairs. Often starting the conversation downstairs and continuing as she ascends the stairs. Last week I was in the garden when she did it, she was 3 rooms away and expected a conversation.

41 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Once again, her insistence on putting her jeans/pants/socks combo unseparated into the laundry basket has resulted in a pair of denim-speckled white pants. 
Cue her making another order from M&S with additional items to avoid postage fees. 

Why's that a problem? Nobody's seeing her pants.

8 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I have stopped trying to communicate that way. She "talks" to me from upstairs. Often starting the conversation downstairs and continuing as she ascends the stairs. Last week I was in the garden when she did it, she was 3 rooms away and expected a conversation.

I've just stopped communicating in this situation. Considering rolling that out to the rest of my life. 

10 hours ago, coprolite said:

You all sound like nagging old boots to be honest. Discarded clothes should just be left wherever you take them off. They make their way through the washing and drying process through some sort of osmosis as far as I can tell.

I have a magic corner in my bedroom, it's incredible. 

11 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Wife shouts something to me from another room

Me - shouts back reply

Wife - no response

Me - "did you hear me?"

Wife - no response

I get up and go through to her 

Wife shouts immediately before I can say anything - "I'm not shouting through to you"

Me - leaves room shaking head

Wife shouts through - "where are you going?"

Me - shouts "Im not shouting through to you"

This is my life

Almost a guarantee that Mrs P will decide that just as I get in the shower is the ideal time to start a conversation, usually followed a couple of minutes later by her storming into the the bathroom and opening the shower door with "are you even listening to me?!"

34 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
21 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Almost a guarantee that Mrs P will decide that just as I get in the shower is the ideal time to start a conversation, usually followed a couple of minutes later by her storming into the the bathroom and opening the shower door with "are you even listening to me?!"

You don't hear her. Your fault for not listening.

She doesn't hear you.  Your fault for not speaking clearly.

These are the rules.

Today I stumbled upon a tactic I plan to use more in the future, specifically when she is whining disproportionately about a nothing problem.

Today she came and and started on about the way I had parked the car.... to which I just let out a big "Ocht..... I try my best".

Totally disarming. She might be better prepped for it next time but I intend to run with this, whilst also passive aggressively ramping up "you can only ever do your best" teaching for the kids.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Today I stumbled upon a tactic I plan to use more in the future, specifically when she is whining disproportionately about a nothing problem.

Today she came and and started on about the way I had parked the car.... to which I just let out a big "Ocht..... I try my best".

Totally disarming. She might be better prepped for it next time but I intend to run with this, whilst also passive aggressively ramping up "you can only ever do your best" teaching for the kids.

My prediction is that after using that comeback no more than 3 times, she will say, "Well your best clearly isn't good enough". Probably while standing with her hands on her hips. 

9 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

You don't hear her. Your fault for not listening.

She doesn't hear you.  Your fault for not speaking clearly.

These are the rules.

My wife went as far as booking me a hearing test because i kept saying she was mumbling, despite me having no difficulty hearing anyone else. It has now been confirmed by a qualified clinician that she is a mumbling b*****d. Ha. 

Give it a month until its:
”WELL YOUR FUCKING BEST ISNT GOOD ENOUGH”

I’m surprised this wasn’t her reply after him using it for the first time.
Mine has developed two habits.
1 - asking me to do something, then adding 3 or for things onto what she has asked,
Then will ask why I haven’t done the 1st thing.

And 2 which is more annoying, acting like one of they motion sensor toys you get. As soon as my arse sits hist the seat, she will ask for something.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

My prediction is that after using that comeback no more than 3 times, she will say, "Well your best clearly isn't good enough". Probably while standing with her hands on her hips. 

45 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Give it a month until its:

”WELL YOUR FUCKING BEST ISNT GOOD ENOUGH”

Do you think I take time out of my busy schedule to write my posts just for you not to read them?