Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

4 hours ago, deej said:

Mine does something similar on a daily basis. From ordering food to going anywhere to basic things like the order of cleaning/organising something.

Her: Shall we do X or Y?

Me: I don't mind

Her: Choose one

Me: I honestly don't care

Her: Come on will you just pick one

Me: What do you want?

Her: Just choose 

Me: Ok fine, X

Her:...... It's just I was thinking that Y would be better for *insert stupid reason*

Fucking say that at the start then and save us this carry on every time, we're only going to end up doing what you want anyway

I think every guy here is nodding along.

Even if she's the 1 who says she fancies a takeaway tonight for some reason I've to decide where and what.

To make it worse she will pull me up about my choice later.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

A takeaway :) Once the bills are paid, what's mine is mine and what's hers is hers.

What's hers is mine and what's mines my own. :P

Edited by Jacksgranda

Thought it was time I posted in here. 

Mrs LondonHMFC is no more, well she is still alive, but we have parted company. 

In truth it was something I had been thinking about for quite a while (it wasn't just due to her arseyness regarding presents). If anyone read the depression thread, I had previously mentioned how she really suffered with depression and anxiety. I felt I did all I could to help, but at times it just didn't seem enough. It's something that I found increasingly difficult to deal with.

We both wanted different things from life, the main one being me wanting to come back to Scotland, whilst she didn't (which was understandable as all of her family is here). So I took the decision to finish it now, rather than let things drag on. Just felt pointless. 

Been a month now, and things are gradually starting to settle, I still live in the house whilst she is back at her parents. Got a few things sort like finances etc, but it seems the real clear cut end is in sight. 

31 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

In truth it was something I had been thinking about for quite a while (it wasn't just due to her arseyness regarding presents). If anyone read the depression thread, I had previously mentioned how she really suffered with depression and anxiety. I felt I did all I could to help, but at times it just didn't seem enough. It's something that I found increasingly difficult to deal with.

We both wanted different things from life, the main one being me wanting to come back to Scotland, whilst she didn't (which was understandable as all of her family is here). So I took the decision to finish it now, rather than let things drag on. Just felt pointless. 

Been a month now, and things are gradually starting to settle, I still live in the house whilst she is back at her parents. Got a few things sort like finances etc, but it seems the real clear cut end is in sight. 

Never a fun time mate, but it looks like you've both amicably came to the right decision. Hopefully once everything's sorted you'll feel free to get on with things. Best of luck.

38 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

After reading your posts on here and with the little I know I'd say it's for the best. Guru of Gang Starr agrees...

3 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Sounds like a positive move for you. Hope all goes as smoothly as possible. Movin' on up LondonHMFC.........

Cranks the heating up to 25, about half an hour before the kids go to bed (they dont sleep well if the house is hot) despite the fact that she fully intends to go in a roasting hot bath.

Post was written in two parts, since predictably, BB2 was awake crying in her far too hot bedroom.

4 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

or if you’re feeling less charitable..

Its becoming abundantly clear that you are the equivalent of Peggy's husband in Still Game.
Grow a pair ffs and get her telt.
Leave him alone, it's not his fault he can't reach the thermostat.

Suppose, just seen a few people ruined by it so have a biased opinion.
It's a minefield discussion really. I've been lucky. I've been gambling since I was 18 and never got into any trouble while doing so. Always been pretty disciplined. But it's easy to see how folk can get into a hole very easily. Sometimes winning is worse than losing to start that spiral.

It's a minefield discussion really. I've been lucky. I've been gambling since I was 18 and never got into any trouble while doing so. Always been pretty disciplined. But it's easy to see how folk can get into a hole very easily. Sometimes winning is worse than losing to start that spiral.
I like a gamble myself, but in work I deal with debt advice/solutions, and gambling is definitely becoming a big problem for more people than before.

A few years ago, a guy had given me his last 12 months bank statements (as his income varied) in order to prepare a bankruptcy application. He had lost more money through gambling in that year than he had earned in wages. Crazy stuff.

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
Suppose, just seen a few people ruined by it so have a biased opinion.

I would have thought that myself. Couldn't tell you the last time I had a bet, I always thought that the fact that whenever you go into a bookies there was one window paying out but three windows taking in was a bit of a warning.

Lucky I never got hooked on the poker machines, had to make a conscious decision to stop playing them all the same.

But I can see how people get hooked, especially nowadays.

Used to play a wee hand of cards with 4 or 5 other regulars on a Friday night, it was a bad night if you lost a fiver (ten to fifteen today I suppose). However it progressed to a Saturday night and then a Sunday night too, so was knocked on the head.

After I got married we used to play with my wife's relations on a Saturday night ( the non religious relations), again it was a bad night if you lost a fiver.

13 hours ago, L'immortale Par said:

The heating debacle leaves Bairnardo feeling a bit Grumpy and not at all Happy and can even make him a bit Sneezy.

Go easy on him, I'm hearing he's struggling to put food on the table. 

I bet pretty regularly on UK football. I give myself £100 pot for the domestic season and never bet more than 10% of what is in the pot. If it runs out I don’t bet again that season - only happened once in the 5 years I’ve done this. Made a small profit in last 3 seasons ie £40-60. Pot currently £40 so not so sure profit incoming this time. Works for me and I just regard it as a bit of fun. Well aware of the ruinous affliction it can be for some though.

My gambling was quite bad when I was younger but luckily I saw how deep I was getting in and stopped it. I was betting on at least 6 horse races a day, but then I started getting bored waiting for the horse racing to start at lunch time, so I'd be betting on stupid things like Japanese baseball at 7am. There really wasn't anything I wouldn't bet on, if it paid evens or close to it, I'd gamble. One morning I think I lost about £50 betting on the next point won in tennis matches and I told myself I had a problem. I know that's hardly huge sums of money in comparison to some others, but relative to my wage at the time it was a lot. I deleted all tipster pages from social media and set a limit of £10 for a Saturday football coupon. I still stick to the £10 a week coupon now and I have much more fun with it.