Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

18 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Anyone who says they would never cheat on a partner is a liar or delusional. With the best intentions in the world, there are circumstances where you wouldn't say no.

I can categorically say that I wouldn't. Ariana Grande could present herself to me and I'd walk away. I wouldn't give up a life with someone, kids etc for 10 mins inside some 10/10.

19 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I can categorically say that I wouldn't. Ariana Grande could present herself to me and I'd walk away. I wouldn't give up a life with someone, kids etc for 10 mins inside some 10/10.

Have you ever had a 10/10 laying it on a plate for you?

I think the whole question of infidelity is about what you consider cheating, a one night fling on a trip away or something is surely less harmful or disrespectful than an actual relationship with somebody else  ,secret rendezvous and so on.

58 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If she presented herself to me I reckon I could phone my missus and she'd give me permission to go ahead with it.. good story to tell for her :thumsup2.

What if you were bevvied?

I've been bevvied and some lass I've been talking to on a night out has came in for a kiss and I've backed out. She was very attractive, which hasn't often happened in my life! Wouldn't smash Katy Perry in any situation now as it would break my lass' heart and even if she never knew, that's just as bad.

I've been bevvied and some lass I've been talking to on a night out has came in for a kiss and I've backed out. She was very attractive, which hasn't often happened in my life! Wouldn't smash Katy Perry in any situation now as it would break my lass' heart and even if she never knew, that's just as bad.

Fair play mate. Although I'm (happily) single just now I reckon those days are behind me now. I was in steady relationships pretty much between 17-25 and I used to be a bit of an arse, drunken fumbles on nights out etc., not proud of past indiscretions but they happened. Some I was honest about, some I lied about.
I would caveat it with there's a difference between cheating on a bird you've been with for years than a bird you've been seeing a few weeks, and a big difference between an optimistic mistake (if that's the right phrase) and a planned out affair. Not that either are better or worse, just there's a difference imo

I feel that if people realised the carnage that can result from a break up then less people would jump about, I know that my wife leaving me due to my gambling had a catastrophic impact on some of my kids, short term gains aren't worth that IMHO.

I'm glad in one respect that I was a slapper before I was married, regrettably you're tramping over quite a few peoples feelings when you're a slapper.

12 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I feel that if people realised the carnage that can result from a break up then less people would jump about, I know that my wife leaving me due to my gambling had a catastrophic impact on some of my kids, short term gains aren't worth that IMHO.

I'm glad in one respect that I was a slapper before I was married, regrettably you're tramping over quite a few peoples feelings when you're a slapper.

If you're a slapper, you are by definition just having one night stands, ergo so are the people you're sleeping with. I highly doubt people get serious feelings for someone after a one night stand. 

I used to be of the mindset that you have one life. Why not do what pleases you? I regret being caught rather than regret having done it if I am honest. If you don't do it then a part of you always thinks you're missing out on something.

I accept this brutally honest stance, i spend so much of my life doing what other people want me to do or having to make compromises I feel that I deserve to shag who ever I want to. Doesn't work like that in most people's lives sadly.

11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

If you're a slapper, you are by definition just having one night stands, ergo so are the people you're sleeping with. I highly doubt people get serious feelings for someone after a one night stand. 

Nonsense.

13 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Nonsense.

After quickly reminiscing about some emotional and hormonal wrecks that I have been with, I would like to retract my statement and agree with you that it was indeed nonsense.

Just now, Dee Man said:

After quickly reminiscing about some emotional and hormonal wrecks that I have been with, I would like to retract my statement and agree with you that it was indeed nonsense.

Your post stands for the majority but for some it doesn't take much to elevate them to bunny boiler status.

I've only once been unfaithful, I kissed a slapper of an ex one night after seeing a lass I was sort of shagging but came away from it knowing it was over, although it hadn't been said. Still, was a stupid thing to do and was done to paint over my inner bruised ego.

On the other hand, it was the same day we drew Hacken in the UEFA cup and I somehow booked the wrong flight date and cost me an extra 150 quid as my mind was elsewhere. So it evened up [emoji1]

Still though, dreadful behavior and almost 10 years ago as a stupid young moron.

By the way, that's not to say I wouldn't cry like fucking mad if I had to turn down Katy Perry [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

3 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

So the thing that stops you is the fear of getting caught. If you believed you had no way of being caught would you do it?

That's not what I meant at all. Knowing that I had intentionally done something that would hurt someone I care about so much would kill me inside. Even if they never found out, I'd know.

3 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Have you ever had a 10/10 laying it on a plate for you?

Depends on what you call a 10/10, but I've been drunk and had easy opportunities, and never thought twice about it even when steaming.

A variant on the not-paying-attention-to-the-film-and-bombarding-you-with-questions: an old girlfriend would spend the film asking me what was about to happen, even if I'd never seen the film before either. Why didn't he tell her about that phone call? Will they have sex at some point? Wait, is he her father? Is he going to kill her? Does he die at the end? Has he been a ghost all along? Are those my feet?

Annoying enough, but she genuinely didn't seem able to enjoy fiction without knowing what was going to happen in the plot. It's one thing to wonder where the story's going, but she wasn't happy unless she had a brief precis of what was going to happen. Not sure what enjoyment there was to gain from watching/reading it after that.

2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I used to be of the mindset that you have one life. Why not do what pleases you? I regret being caught rather than regret having done it if I am honest. If you don't do it then a part of you always thinks you're missing out on something.

Because of the impact it will have on other people. You could make that same argument for going on a shooting spree. If it makes you happy then why not do it as you'll regret it otherwise? Well because it impacts severely on other people.