Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

34 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Don't do it!

I have a 7 week old and work is the only peace I get now.

Women are never happy with whatever decision you make anyway so keep earning the good money.

I think a lot of it is miscommunication really. The roles are reversed in my situation, where I work PT and my wife works FT, with me making the meals, looking after our daughter and keeping house. My wife works long hours in a high pressure job and more often than not comes home, has dinner, a bath and then falls asleep with our daughter which can leave me feeling somewhat unappreciated.

She gets reminded from time to time!

16 minutes ago, sjc said:

I think a lot of it is miscommunication really. The roles are reversed in my situation, where I work PT and my wife works FT, with me making the meals, looking after our daughter and keeping house. My wife works long hours in a high pressure job and more often than not comes home, has dinner, a bath and then falls asleep with our daughter which can leave me feeling somewhat unappreciated.

She gets reminded from time to time!

^^^

images.jpeg-5.jpg

2 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Don't do it!

I have a 7 week old and work is the only peace I get now.

Women are never happy with whatever decision you make anyway so keep earning the good money.

I'll see where things are at the end of the year and take it from there. I enjoy the job in terms of what I do and who I work with, but the long days do my tits in from time to time, so even sans wean it would probably be something I looked at eventually. Need to see what her work offer her when it comes to returning, and how big a drop in wage she will be on the end of.

I can tell when she’s not interested in tv we’re watching as she starts browsing social media.

That’s fine if she wants to but she then starts showing me every funny video/picture/meme whatever she finds every couple of minutes and it drives me mental.

I'll see where things are at the end of the year and take it from there. I enjoy the job in terms of what I do and who I work with, but the long days do my tits in from time to time, so even sans wean it would probably be something I looked at eventually. Need to see what her work offer her when it comes to returning, and how big a drop in wage she will be on the end of.

Take it you cant even drop 1 day a week where you are? Bit of a trade off?

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Take it you cant even drop 1 day a week where you are? Bit of a trade off?

No chance. As good as this mob as to work for in many many ways, they are horrendous when it comes to anything remotely flexible in that respect. Must be close to 200 in this office and not one works less than full time. Lost quite a few staff since I've started as a result.

I can tell when she’s not interested in tv we’re watching as she starts browsing social media.

That’s fine if she wants to but she then starts showing me every funny video/picture/meme whatever she finds every couple of minutes and it drives me mental.
Or worse, when you change the channel to something you'd prefer to watch and she looks up from her phone claiming she was watching that.

Or worse, when you change the channel to something you'd prefer to watch and she looks up from her phone claiming she was watching that.
Nah. What's worse is when you're watching telly and she watches videos from Facebook with them at full volume on her phone.

I turn the telly up louder.

Googles her symptoms instead of seeking expert medical advice. Last night she convinced herself that she had skin cancer as a small lesion has appeared on her foot (she got sun burn on holiday recently). I said everything you'd expect a caring boyfriend to say - "it's probably nothing, don't worry about it", "I get wee spots like that appearing from time to time, it's probably just that", "Even if it is cancer I wouldn't worry, you'll only go bald for a bit" but still she wouldn't calm down. A whole night of worry with stupid questions such as "if I need to go to the hospital for surgery will you come with me?" have today been confirmed as completely unjustified by her doctor. Sent on her way with some steroid cream, doctor hasn't even taken a skin sample for testing, such is her confidence that it's f**k all to worry about.

Countless times she's googled her symptoms and every time I've told her to ignore it and see a doctor. Every time she apologises for worrying so much. Utterly infuriating.

32 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Googles her symptoms instead of seeking expert medical advice. Last night she convinced herself that she had skin cancer as a small lesion has appeared on her foot (she got sun burn on holiday recently). I said everything you'd expect a caring boyfriend to say - "it's probably nothing, don't worry about it", "I get wee spots like that appearing from time to time, it's probably just that", "Even if it is cancer I wouldn't worry, you'll only go bald for a bit" but still she wouldn't calm down. A whole night of worry with stupid questions such as "if I need to go to the hospital for surgery will you come with me?" have today been confirmed as completely unjustified by her doctor. Sent on her way with some steroid cream, doctor hasn't even taken a skin sample for testing, such is her confidence that it's f**k all to worry about.

Countless times she's googled her symptoms and every time I've told her to ignore it and see a doctor. Every time she apologises for worrying so much. Utterly infuriating.

I'm sorry, I don't understand the use of the term "apologises" in this context.

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand the use of the term "apologises" in this context.

My girlfriend isn't a c**t, just a hypochondriac. She can infuriate me but she's usually good for saying sorry when she realises she's been infuriating.

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Wife: Oh my god can you believe this news story about Trump's lawyer giving AIDS to blind donkeys!

Wife: You will not believe this story about immigrants being fired out of a cannon into a skip full of rusty bed frames by gypsies!

Wife: THEY'RE STRANGLING HEDGEHOGS WITH PLASTIC BAGS THEN SENDING THEM TO THAILAND!!

Dunfermline Press?

Anyway, the wife cannot walk past the tumble drier without switching it on.  It was on the other day with nothing in it. 

This accompanied with every light in the house being on at the same time.

Spoiler

Image result for greta gif"

My wife does understand that operating the remote control is my prerogative but won't give me peace to operate it in the way I want. "see if there's a new dragon's den on" "check the movies to see if there's anything with Tom Cruise" "is there a new one of those Simon thingies on?" "there's no need to speak to me like that" 

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Mine does that too. Since her mum died of cancer she's convinced that every little thing that feels a little bit weird and has no obvious explanation must be the same thing happening to her.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That is surprising, your caring side was in full flow as well. 

That's women for you.