Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Pal and his missus got engaged. Tell her the news and she’s thrown a wobbly it’s not us who are engaged.

I got away with over a decade before engaged.

Women have made rules behind men's backs that after about 5 years together you'd better be engaged minimum or other women give them the pity look when it's discussed.

I personally blame this for the divorce rate being so high. Men under pressure to ask purely because they've been together for a while.

On the subject of asking your partner if they want a an alcoholic beverage, my girlfriend answers that more often than not with the infuriating "surprise me" if she isn't sure what to ask for.  One of these days I'm going to return with a shite in a pint glass and ask her if that's surprising enough.

3 hours ago, Utter Roaster said:

Time of life. But I'm slowly coming to the view that I'm just constantly being manipulated - and she's got previous. A lot of my friends have been telling me to get rid but I'm too much of a soft touch whenever the waterworks come on. 

Yes, your friends are probably right, and maybe you are too much of a soft touch. You've obviously got a very sensitive nature.

Can I take your place on the holiday you have booked?

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

On the subject of asking your partner if they want a an alcoholic beverage, my girlfriend answers that more often than not with the infuriating "surprise me" if she isn't sure what to ask for.  One of these days I'm going to return with a shite in a pint glass and ask her if that's surprising enough.

Ah, a Dirty Fosters.

14 hours ago, Utter Roaster said:

Been bumbling along fine with the other half for a while. Had a nice lunch out yesterday, all fine at breakfast time, then when I asked her what were going to eat during the week so we could make a shopping list.... MELTDOWN. Blubbering, screaming, and literally fucking runs away when I move within 5 feet of her like I'm going to actually boot her in the pie. 

Just shelled out the best part of a grand for flights and a two week trip at the end of the month and I'm seriously considering taking the hit on my half and telling her she can fucking go herself.

She sounds like an utter roaster.

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Women have made rules behind men's backs that after about 5 years together you'd better be engaged minimum or other women give them the pity look when it's discussed.

I personally blame this for the divorce rate being so high. Men under pressure to ask purely because they've been together for a while.

I don't see the point in it either. When we first got together I was saying "yeah, I want married", but now we're four years in and I don't see what it would add. We are already committed to each other in basically every way you can be. It's just needless admin, and then if at some point you decide you don't want to be together it's more admin and other people looking at you like you're a failure. Of course, when I told her I didn't see the point of marriage, suddenly she thinks that means I want to break up and am just using her for sex. We live together ffs. Had a wee chat about what she thinks marriage is, and we've come to the conclusion that it won't really add anything, but if we're going to have kids then we'll do it just so her parents are willing to be involved. Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Yes, your friends are probably right, and maybe you are too much of a soft touch. You've obviously got a very sensitive nature.

Can I take your place on the holiday you have booked?

If I hadn't been a cheap b*****d and booked a non-refundable, non-transferable seat I'd have said fill your boots. How's your Swahili anyway?

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I may not be the most worldly wise, but thank f**k I've managed to resist all attempts at this.

On 11/01/2020 at 17:03, Trackdaybob said:

Oh and FWIW, if my other half 'suggested' I take a job earning less because in some bizarre situation in her head it'll suit her better, my response would simply be "no". 

Meh. Missus is 6 month pregnant and has asked it it's something I would consider. Job I am in pays very well, but generally means being out the house from 7am until 7pm daily for most of the year, an an hour or so less between December and March. We could afford the drop in income and I can understand her wanting me around more when the wee one has arrived. We're agreed though that it's best we wait a bit and see how things are financially after the first year, given she will likely be dropping 50% of her wages from the equation also.

22 minutes ago, Utter Roaster said:

If I hadn't been a cheap b*****d and booked a non-refundable, non-transferable seat I'd have said fill your boots. How's your Swahili anyway?

My Swahili's probably on a par with my knowledge of Scottish Gaelic. Both these languages actually have quite a lot in common.

Seriously, go and enjoy your holiday. It might help rekindle something and transform your relationship.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

My Swahili's probably on a par with my knowledge of Scottish Gaelic. Both these languages actually have quite a lot in common.

Seriously, go and enjoy your holiday. It might help rekindle something and transform your relationship.

I very much doubt that, but thanks for the kind thoughts

8 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Bit late on this one @Bairnardo but when you say she is buying kids clothes from Next is it not fiscally responsible for you to get your clothes there and avoid the VAT? 

Imo next kids clothes are over priced! Very rarely do I buy there.

15 hours ago, Ross. said:

Meh. Missus is 6 month pregnant and has asked it it's something I would consider. Job I am in pays very well, but generally means being out the house from 7am until 7pm daily for most of the year, an an hour or so less between December and March. We could afford the drop in income and I can understand her wanting me around more when the wee one has arrived. We're agreed though that it's best we wait a bit and see how things are financially after the first year, given she will likely be dropping 50% of her wages from the equation also.

Don't do it!

I have a 7 week old and work is the only peace I get now.

Women are never happy with whatever decision you make anyway so keep earning the good money.

Edited by Crawford Bridge