Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

She has decided that she doesn't like pizza, so if I want a pizza for tea she usually has a ready meal. 

She won't go in and buy one though. I have to do that. 

I also have to go in with the vaguest instructions available. 

Tonight's was "something with penne" 

As a loving and attentive husband, I remembered her express dislike of chicken arrabiata from when I bought that about a year ago, and remembered her saying she likes something with a creamy sauce, so I selected a chicken and bacon penne bake (out of the standard range, not the basics). 

Of course as soon as I get it home I should have known that she wanted something tomatoey. I mentioned the penbe bolognese bake, which caused offence because of something. Apparently I know she likes chicken in tomato sauce. 

The plan was agreed that she'd get the kids off to bed while I nipped to the shop again. Getting the kids to bed appears to have involved leaving them downstairs scrapping while she had a lie down. 

In response to these indignities I intend to leave the toilet seat up as a passive aggressive alternative to the Lester Nygaard approach. 

The above post shows one of the behaviours I just wouldn’t be having. Can’t believe you actually went back out to get something else. 

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

She has decided that she doesn't like pizza, so if I want a pizza for tea she usually has a ready meal. 

As a loving and attentive husband, I remembered her express dislike of chicken arrabiata from when I bought that about a year ago, and remembered her saying she likes something with a creamy sauce, so I selected a chicken and bacon penne bake (out of the standard range, not the basics). 

Of course as soon as I get it home I should have known that she wanted something tomatoey. I mentioned the penbe bolognese bake, which caused offence because of something. Apparently I know she likes chicken in tomato sauce. 

The plan was agreed that she'd get the kids off to bed while I nipped to the shop again. Getting the kids to bed appears to have involved leaving them downstairs scrapping while she had a lie down. 

In response to these indignities I intend to leave the toilet seat up as a passive aggressive alternative to the Lester Nygaard approach. 

That's so you bring back the "wrong" thing and it's your fault that "I have nothing to eat".

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Path of least resistance. And I bought myself an extra beer. 

One? That's a bit odd (pun wasn't intended), who buys one beer from a shop, even if it's to supplement others bought earlier? I think you're the infuriating one here.

In role reversal, if I get asked what I want for any meal, the answer is always "a surprise".

Guest bernardblack
The above post shows one of the behaviours I just wouldn’t be having. Can’t believe you actually went back out to get something else. 

Agreed. Have a word

I'll make things for dinner and she'll ask if I can make a wee bit extra so she can take some to work for her lunch. I've no problem with this so will make a wee bit extra and put it into tubs for her.

The other week I cleared out the freezer and there was tubs full of stuff going back months that she was "taking for lunch". I'm talking at least 10 tupperware tubs going back potentially 6 months or so. Why ask me to make extra if it then just goes to waste?

Waits till the last minute to get ready to leave the house despite the fact it always takes her forever to get ready.

Also the performance of returning to the house once we are outside incase she's left something on or the front door unlocked, check it before you leave.

Edited by thomas

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

I check the straighteners are off before leaving to avoid having to turn back. If she goes on her own I can almost time the phone call asking me to go and check they're off.

Always the straighteners. My better half has a heat proof mat thing they can be rolled up in and put away straight after use, i have pointed out that if she did this instead of leaving them lying at her arse she would know they were safely put away. 

Nonsense. It was invented by former Blackburn, Aberdeen and Everton striker Mike Newell after playing in a friendly against Bury in 1997. He misspelled his name on the patent application after becoming distracted by team mate Ilian Kiriakov who had spilled a glass or red wine on his new white living room carpet whilst filling the patent application form.

“Facts That You Made Up” thread for this pish........[emoji41]

Did you marry Princess LondonHMFC’s sister ?

9 minutes ago, thomas said:

Always the straighteners. My better half has a heat proof mat thing they can be rolled up in and put away straight after use, i have pointed out that if she did this instead of leaving them lying at her arse she would know they were safely put away. 

At least her arse hairs must look top notch!

Recently changed jobs. The main reason for which was to make Mrs B happy. Its nore complicated than that, but thats reason #1 why it happened. New job is on considerably less money so before accepting it this was explained. We will be ok, but we will have to watch what we are doing, especially for the first few months.

And still the deliveries came.

Fast forward a couple of months, add on a few hundred to the never never Next account, and I am in the new job, and deep into my overdraft for the first time in years.

And still..... The deliveries come.

What is it going to fucking take ffs.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Recently changed jobs. The main reason for which was to make Mrs B happy. Its nore complicated than that, but thats reason #1 why it happened. New job is on considerably less money so before accepting it this was explained. We will be ok, but we will have to watch what we are doing, especially for the first few months.

Fast forward a couple of months, add on a few hundred to the never never Next account, and I am in the new job, and deep into my overdraft for the first time in years.

Image result for can't pay we'll take it away"

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Image result for gerald full monty

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Looks like you'll have to go on the game. On the plus side you fulfill a pretty niche market, you'll rake it in.

I don't understand - she is buying things for herself and you're going overdrawn?
Just the general financial state of the house. Iv explained to her that to make the move, we will have less disposable income and will have to adjust our lifestyle accordingly. She agreed.

She has made no such adjustments.