Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

13 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Hoping (genuinely) that he’s alright.  Pretty savage responses from the P&Bers. 

I feel he left himself out for a big response. The post seemed IMHO to be a one upping the rest type. It wasn't the responders who made his Mrs out to be pretty horrible in the first place...

Unfortunately I was not there to witness any meltdown as I spent Christmas and subsequent days with a bug. A good stone lost in weight, which does see me reach my goal weight for the year. Have felt fucking dreadful for the past week, so Christmas was abandoned for myself. 

There was a bit of seethe yesterday, as I thought I was going to fart, and well, didn't. We've just got one of those Emma mattresses, but has been giving us both a bad back, so said we would return in the New Year. Terms and Conditions seem to state they will not take back a shitty mattress which seems a tad unfair. 

To go back to my original post, it possibly reads worse than it is. However herself and brother are exactly the same. Definitely comes from their mother, hence the Dad calling them out when they have a present related breakdown. He has seen it all before. 

Also for the two posters who Pm'd me, I can confirm my Mrs is not Milky Gem. 

Arranged with my friends girlfriend that she’ll bring in some party food to theirs for their Hogmanay party.

Naturally she’s called me asking me to organise this because she’s working and it’s better I’m not sitting on the couch doing nothing.

Just went in the huff because the tea won't be ready for another 20 minutes. Ungrateful bugger. If it's not that, any other time I'm cooking its either "that smells ready, is it ready?" or "can you check that?" the latter is usually heard when she's in the kitchen and I'm either upstairs or in the living room.

Was 'get bent' not one of the insults thrown around on the Antipodean soaps?
Do they still tell each other to ' rack off'? What did that even mean?  :unsure:
It was from an episode of phoenix nights.

Her - "So what do you think about Harry and Megan?"
Me "Eh good luck to them I suppose, don't know"
Her "Why do you think they didn't consult the rest of the family?"
Me "I have no idea"
Her "It seems to be causing quite a stir though, doesn't it?"
Me "I'm going to save you some time, there is nothing in the news right now that I care less about. I haven't read the story, I don't want to read the story, please stop asking me about it"
Her "I was only making conversation ffs, there's no need to be like that!!" **Goes in the huff**

Completed that for you.

Our setup at home is that she cleans and I cook, it’s works well as both despise doing the alternative. Also, burning toast is the limit of her capabilities in the kitchen.

We’ve recently moved house and her OCD has decided that whenever she tidies up in the new kitchen, which is about 3 times a day, she has to switch the cooker off at the socket. This means the oven clock needs reset every time I want to use it. This was never done in the previous house, just the new one for some reason. 3 arguments in the past week about it and she just shrugs her shoulders when asked why she does it.

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

Our setup at home is that she cleans and I cook, it’s works well as both despise the other.

We’ve recently moved house and her OCD has decided that whenever she tidies up in the new kitchen, which is about 3 times a day, she has to switch the cooker off at the socket. This means the oven clock needs reset every time I want a to use it. This was never done in the previous house, just the new one for some reason. 3 arguments in the past week about it and she just shrugs her shoulders when asked why she does it.

I'm no expert but I sense P&B will advise you about booting a pie