Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Just catching up on this, but [mention=71976]LondonHMFC[/mention], mate, the last Christmas gift you should ever be giving her is a boot in the pie.  What an arsehole.
In fairness, no one has yet considered the possibility that he runs a brutal, violent dictatorship of a household* and this is the only time of year she gets anything at all that she wants.

*Big team narrowed down to two if so....

On 22/12/2019 at 12:02, Drew Brees said:

Thank f**k I'm single, just seeing miserable c***s traipse around the supermarket behind a torn faced cow who's unsure which washing powder or coffee is best usually banishes any thoughts of seeking a long term partner, but that LondonHMFC post is a clincher, f**k havin that shit in your life.

you made me splutter my drink with the "torn faced cow" comment. I don't know why - just seemed apt. and funny. 

Doesn't want me to pause something we're watching (The Witcher) then asks questions constantly because I'm assumed to know everything from playing Wild Hunt.

At the cinema and I can feel her turning to me every time there's a stupid punchline during a trailer, or even worse a shitey advert. I'd love to be anywhere else in the world than watching any advert, I don't find whatever it is funny ffs!

14 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Doesn't want me to pause something we're watching (The Witcher) then asks questions constantly because I'm assumed to know everything from playing Wild Hunt.

At the cinema and I can feel her turning to me every time there's a stupid punchline during a trailer, or even worse a shitey advert. I'd love to be anywhere else in the world than watching any advert, I don't find whatever it is funny ffs!

How are you enjoying The Witcher, viewing company aside?

On 22/12/2019 at 13:44, Mark Connolly said:

Phoned me in a massive panic because the oven “is broken”. She turned it on half an hour ago and it hasn’t heated up at all. Her mum and dad are coming tomorrow, and how can she have them come for dinner when the oven is broken. It’s a disaster, Christmas is ruined!!!!!111! (For now I’ll ignore their family’s utterly pointless tradition of going to each child’s house for dinner in the week leading up to them all going to their parents’ house on the 25th).

Now P&B, I know what you’re thinking- she’s turned it on, but hasn’t set the temperature. Well you’d be wrong. She set the temperature, and turned the function dial so the light came on. When I arrived, all that was required was turning the dial one more setting.

Arsehole.

No, I can’t ignore this, tell us more. What in the name of suffering f**k ever made someone think that could possibly be a good idea?

Every time he organises breakfast (like today) he’ll fanny about for ages and keep putting off making it.

Him: ok I’ll do the rolls in a wee bit, I’ll just have a wee seat (about 7:30am)

Me: ok that’s fine.

Him: (about 8.30am by now) I’ll just finish this article and get breakfast on.

Me: ok, do you want me to do anything to help?

Him: no, I’ll do it in 5 minutes.

Me: (now 9:20am) Do you want me to cook breakfast?

Him: No, can you not wait 5 minutes? (Proceeds to get really stroppy and annoyed)

f**k OFF!! I’m hungry and it’s been 2 fucking hours not 5 minutes. I wouldn’t mind if he’d just let me do it but he gets annoyed when I suggest it. p***k.

30 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Every time he organises breakfast (like today) he’ll fanny about for ages and keep putting off making it.

Him: ok I’ll do the rolls in a wee bit, I’ll just have a wee seat (about 7:30am)

Him: No, can you not wait 5 minutes? (Proceeds to get really stroppy and annoyed)

f**k OFF!! I’m hungry and it’s been 2 fucking hours not 5 minutes. I wouldn’t mind if he’d just let me do it but he gets annoyed when I suggest it. p***k.

Sounds like me,  you have my sympathies.

Don't get me started on her and the Witcher.
Put first one on and 15 mins in she's asking questions, which would be fine if she wasn't glued to her phone for the last 14 mins and 59 seconds. Then decreed it wasn't for her.
Reminded her she did that with game of thrones and it wasn't till her friends talked about it she decided to watch.
She said that wasn't true and fucked off to bed in a huff.

Decided she wanted food prep done last night about 2 mins after I finished cleaning kitchen and dishes, no hot water to clean the mess so left for morning.
After building a paw patrol tower, a 218 piece race track and some infernal flat pack kids kitchen, I do these dishes.
She then decided to make breakfast using about 3 pans and then declares the dishes need done before I can sit.

She's getting a boot to the pie as an extra gift. She deserves it.

Witcher was excellent. Luckily my girlfriend and I both played it together so she knew about the characters and what was going on. Otherwise I’d of had the same thing for sure!

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

No, I can’t ignore this, tell us more. What in the name of suffering f**k ever made someone think that could possibly be a good idea?

It’s supposed to be a transfer of presents type thing, but it’s basically an excuse for her maw to go to all the houses, criticise the decorations, and generally act like a nosey p***k. I’m led to believe it started as a thing when they were all at uni. At that point, I understand she was also wont to act like a nosey p***k.

11 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Kick him in the pie

A well written post on this thread can make one hate the partner in question.

Congrats on your prose. He's a w**k!!!