Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

45 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

My mum is one of those candle-party people on a full-time basis (buying anything from the big Yankee rival will see the house burnt down in some accident that will inevitably be my fault). Of course, we get a new candle based decoration with every birthday and Christmas, all requiring a constant supply of tea lights. Top 'have a nice present that I will make a steady flow of money from' business prowess from my mother there.

That said, I bought a (what I think is a rather cool and shiny genuine) Davy lamp from the Scottish Mining Museum as a 'something a bit different'. This is probably the only thing I have ever added to the house that had no joint approval first. I usually see most other things for the first time having returned home from the football after she's been away with friends, usually the sort of cafe selling kitsch tack everywhere.

Am I the only person to find last month's addition hideous btw? (not the full-size Davy Lamp, that's merely for scale):

ab1e18351e340118ba85dccade08851a.jpg

#everyoneelselikedit

If I'm being honest here, I think hers is quite cool and yours is a bit shite.

I was far worse on the drink a few years ago than I am now but on one occasion I wanted to stay up drinking on a Saturday night so the Mrs went to bed and I stayed up watching match of the day and to avoid having to leave the sitting room and going to the toilet and risk waking her up/having her tell me to come to bed I peed in the kitchen sink. She ended up coming through to the sitting room as I was doing this and I was abruptly stopped, I was visibly flustered and she was trying to find out what I was up to but I got away with it.

Didn't it hurt like hell to hold mid flow?

If I'm being honest here, I think hers is quite cool and yours is a bit shite.

Fair enough!

Mine does look a bit small and out of place beside it I guess, but the OH rather likes it too and believe me when I say it looks decent on its usual home that is the black (coal) fireplace. Only just made that miner's lamp by a coal fire link just now ffs.

I've got an interest in exploring Scottish caves and mines, so it's not particularly random for me.

my wife's attempts at working the remote for sky or the fire stick are beyond hopeless...

Me: shall we watch a film tonight?

Mrs: yeah ok ,i ve the remote here

Me: do you want me to do it?

Mrs: (stroppily) No! I'll do it.

Me: that's sky store,it's the movies you want.

Mrs: no it isn't.

Me: now you're on functions,give it here

Mrs: Noooo ,I've got it 

Me: you've knocked it off the HD channel now .

Mrs: the batteries must have gone

Me: FFS

And so on...

7 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

My better half finds it amusing to come home from work and tell me how many blokes arses she has put her fingers up during her shift, I'm sure she said she was a nurse when we first met, some days I have my doubts.

Aye, but she'll take the rubber glove off for you, because you're special.

29 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

My better half finds it amusing to come home from work and tell me how many blokes arses she has put her fingers up during her shift, I'm sure she said she was a nurse when we first met, some days I have my doubts.

If you film it, you might be able to blackmail a deputy headmaster from a posh school, allowing you to make the cash to build your own brothel.

I was far worse on the drink a few years ago than I am now but on one occasion I wanted to stay up drinking on a Saturday night so the Mrs went to bed and I stayed up watching match of the day and to avoid having to leave the sitting room and going to the toilet and risk waking her up/having her tell me to come to bed I peed in the kitchen sink. She ended up coming through to the sitting room as I was doing this and I was abruptly stopped, I was visibly flustered and she was trying to find out what I was up to but I got away with it.

That's disgusting.

I brush my teeth and do a jobby at the same time but peeing in the kitchen sink is another level.

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

That's disgusting.

I brush my teeth and do a jobby at the same time but peeing in the kitchen sink is another level.

I ran the tap whilst doing it to ensure there was no urine left on the surface.

3 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Any time I've went with nurses they are utterly bonkers when they get dumped. The last one I ever went with spoke about stuff like that as if it was funny. It wasn't on the second date. It was disgusting listening to a woman talking about shit. I chucked her, partly as a result of that kind of chat. She did not take it well.

Been on a few nights out with her nursey pals, I'm an ex-squaddie who has seen a fair bit of the "medically unusual " situations but the stuff that they talk about is on a different level