Dee Man

Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Been married for going on 10 years and don't have a joint bank account. Works perfect our set up.
If she is short or I need a little more we just send more over to one another ( only happens when saving for a holiday , car repair and Christmas presents).

Going by this thread I'm in the odd one out.

Ah well.

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I wouldnt let my missus anywhere near my bank account or money.

Are you all fucking mad?

Can your wife actually do anything besides annoy you?

We have a joint account for household bills, mortgage and food shopping that we both put a set amount into each month. We put away the same amount each into a holiday fund and then the rest of the money we spend as we wish.

Am I f**k subsidising her £100+ a month on generic hair and beauty nonsense, nor would I want her paying for my football away days.

On the cooking, Before i left home I wasn’t very active in the kitchen, would make myself the basics like toast etc, but never really learned to cook or bake my own stuff. Since moving in with the now wife, i have had to learn to cook/bake especially with having the boys and it turns out i am actually quite good at it. Not masterchef winning stuff, but i can make a lot of stuff from scratch that I couldn’t before i left home. Looking back i maybe should have helped my mum cook more. I use to help peal the carrots for soup, but that was it.

My eldest wants to help when cooking now as well, which i suppose is a good thing.

11 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I've never heard of a reasonable woman when it came to a break up regarding money.

Heard of plenty greedy b*****ds taking way more than they were entitled too though.

I want half Eddie!

My wife is a stay at home mum, everything goes into the joint account, money for bills are put into the billing account and money moved to savings, 

she manages our money, I don't have to ask for money, I know our outgoings but before any large purchases or nights out etc I would always let her know,

My wife is a stay at home mum, everything goes into the joint account, money for bills are put into the billing account and money moved to savings, 
she manages our money, I don't have to ask for money, I know our outgoings but before any large purchases or nights out etc I would always let her know,
I gave this a greenie before I read all your post, purely because you got the term correct: stay at home mum. Boils my piss this 'full-time mum' pish.

I gave this a greenie before I read all your post, purely because you got the term correct: stay at home mum. Boils my piss this 'full-time mum' pish.

12 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Can your wife actually do anything besides annoy you?

Start an appropriate thread and I’ll let you know.

She pays the mortgage, I pay the other bills. No joint account, no sharing of cash (she earns way more than me, so she wouldn't be having that).

45 minutes ago, mathematics said:

(she earns way more than me).

So does my wife and she smuggly casts it up at every opportunity 

Reading through the last few pages has made me realise modern men are far worse than I realised.

What a bunch of fluffy bitches some of you are.

Do you need to submit a written request 24 hours in advance bef9re you can spend some of your wages on something or are you just allocated an allowance like when you were 13?

It saddens me how pathetic some people really are. Probably apply the lube before they take 1.

ChJqe3UWMAEhRNc.jpg.2b1de592782e85ab9ae06dfbc109f6ad.jpg