Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Sweeping things into the dustpan and not emptying it into them in but leaving the dustpan next to the bin.

Some point throughout the day our daughter will pick it up and then the mess goes all over the kitchen floor sending her into meltdown.

Just put it in the bin fs.

Clancy - "what's wrong with you?"
Mrs Clancy - "nothing"
Clancy - "you sure?"
Mrs Clancy - "I SAID NOTH-ING"

Oh shit here, here we go again.

[emoji23][emoji23]

I think every single male has had that one at some point. My favourite is if I ask if shes ok, she says yes and I just stand there until she eventually decides she wants to moan at something I've done. Admittedly the timings vary from 2 minutes to about 2 hours.

Actually one last one that annoyed me the other day. Whenever I get a new jumper/hoody, etc, I'll wear it and then it'll disappear and I'll find it all baggy with the sleeves loose because she'll steal it wear it and always rolls up the sleeves. So my nice, new jumper is now baggy.

Guest bernardblack

[emoji23][emoji23]

I think every single male has had that one at some point. My favourite is if I ask if shes ok, she says yes and I just stand there until she eventually decides she wants to moan at something I've done. Admittedly the timings vary from 2 minutes to about 2 hours.

"Everything okay?"

"I said yes"

"Okay then"

"I just think it's funny how......."

Nightmare scenario

8 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

"Everything okay?"

"I said yes"

"Okay then"

"I just think it's funny how......."

Nightmare scenario

Regular occurrence here that one.

Also whenever I go out with mates I need to draw up some kind of schedule of where I'm going & when I'll be back, heaven forbid I stay on an extra half an hour.

She's goes out, I'll ask where or maybe when she'll be back and it's the whole "can I not just go out and enjoy myself once in a while? I'll be back when I'm back". If I was to give her an answer like that I'm pretty sure it'd get a lovely warm response. 

Almost all of the above at some point !! 

When she's driving :-

-being unable to talk to me without actually turning her head to look at me regardless of what traffic we're in.

-still keeping her foot on the accelerator when the car in fronts brake lights come on .

- constantly complaining about how much she hates driving as it makes her feel on edge ! 

When I'm driving :-

-getting annoyed when I don't turn round to look at her when she's talking to me which leads to the question 'are u ok?' 'yeah I'm just paying attention to the road in front so I don't kill my whole family by ploughing into the back of a truck or something'... Huffy silence...

- taking her ridiculous sized purse out her handbag and sitting it in the wee dookit at the front of the centre console making it impossible for me to engage 1st 3rd or 5th gear .

- telling me at every junction that she would have went another way of she was driving.

- when navigating , giving me 10yards notice that this turn is the one I need to take or waiting till I'm half way thru a roundabout before saying I need to be in a different lane .

I'm pretty sure there will be follow up posts as well . 

Recycling is a big one in our house. I go to stick something in the bin "we need to recycle that!!l Recycling means leaving something near the bin until we need to tidy extensively again for someone dropping by for 30secs and it goes in the original bin.

Our council recently changed things so that our existing big black bin became the recycling bin, which was excellent for semi-alcoholics like me as being ten times the size, it would stop the shitey wee old recycling box constantly overflowing.

However, I came up with the master plan of still using the box which can be emptied into the big bin when required, saving a trip out to the big bin for every recycled item. Alas, the box still overflows when there's barely anything out in the big bin.

Credit where it's due though, she has become the bin-taker-outer seeing as she leaves for work before me, and she's excellent at remembering / getting the days right. I'm admittedly useless at this, but tbf, the council changed the dates just after I finally got into the swing of it.

Turns heating on in June.

Turns the heating on all year whilst there are windows open up stairs- I would be as well literally just opening the front door and throwing the contents of my f*****g wallet out on the street.

When she's driving and there is a space between her and the car in front she accelerates to close the gap and then has to use her breaks when amazingly this object prevents her further progression.

Plays a from of reverse Jenga by trying to squeeze as much as humanely possible in the kitchen bin rather that just emptying the thing.

Seems to think, despite repeatedly being advised to the contrary, that the perfect time to have complex or difficult conversations is the minute I've walked in the door of the house from work or the minute before I am about to go to sleep.

Asks me questions or responds to my questions in an ignorant cheeky mannner and tone. Then when I pull her up about it refuses to acknowledge that she answered the questions or asked me in a cheeky or ignorant tone and provides a literal explanation of the words she said without any reference to the tone. Always preceded by "I just said.... ".
If she has used cheeky words then these are forgotten about within milliseconds and the recital of what has just been said is sanitised to paint me as the aggressor and not her.

If she's ever to get up earlier than me in the morning she sets her alarm and then rather then getting up immediately, snoozes it about a dozen times I am repeatedly disturbed over the following half hour.

Why we she know them?

She deffo doesn't go about pie and bovril desperately trying to portray herself as a reasonable rangers fan and continually seeking others approval though.

She does that shit as well. Sweeps it in a cupboard where it's kept. I could go and take a photo but I'd rather not get wound up so early.

I actually got up and went through to photo it there and just despaired when I looked at it. No chance.

It's nice to see that she tolerates your amphetamine habit though

1 hour ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

Also whenever I go out with mates I need to draw up some kind of schedule of where I'm going & when I'll be back, heaven forbid I stay on an extra half an hour.

She's goes out, I'll ask where or maybe when she'll be back and it's the whole "can I not just go out and enjoy myself once in a while? I'll be back when I'm back". If I was to give her an answer like that I'm pretty sure it'd get a lovely warm response. 

She's definitely shagging about, hence the paranoia that you could be doing the same.

[emoji23][emoji23]

When my other half gives me the whole "nothing wrong" nonsense I, if annoyed enough, usually just respond with "just a c**t then?"