Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

4 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Buys us a key bowl to put on the coffee table because I "leave them all over" the gaff. 

It's actually pretty handy, as I now know where my keys always are. 

She continues to leave hers in various places around the house, though, and gets into a hissy fit when she can't find her own keys. 

You're not supposed to pick your own wifes keys out of the bowl mate........

24 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I’ve come home to the side and French doors unlocked since 8.30 this morning, does this all the time 

Mine is the opposite. Locks the back door every fucking time. Sitting out the back, out comes for 5 mins then goes back in and locks me out.

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:11, Sweet Pete said:

In that case, I agree.

My current spouse leaves all the doors open because "it helps the heat circulate when the heating's on". When I incredulously explained to her that that's fucking stupid and closing the doors throughout the house when using the heating is a far quicker, smarter, more efficient and, frankly, the only way to do it, she countered that her dad taught her to do it that way. And she's right enough, he does as well. Leaves all the doors in his house open. Drives me fucking mad. Whenever we visit him I go round and shut the doors to the bedrooms, bathroom etc and he comes along behind me and opens them again without saying anything. Endlessly and silently we play out this passive agressive war of attrition with  no clear victory for either side.

Forgive me if I've got some of the details wrong but do you not build/renovate houses for a fucking living? I'd fit all the doors with locks and never let her near the key.

Guest bernardblack
Buys us a key bowl to put on the coffee table because I "leave them all over" the gaff. 
She continues to leave hers in various places around the house, though, and gets into a hissy fit when she can't find her own keys. 

The latter is my life, mainly as she's leaving the house late for something.

"Oh my god I can't find my keys, where are my keys??"

"Have you checked your coat"

"Ah they were there"

Every. Single. Time.

4 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

The wife bought a device for her key ring, that when you whistled it bleeped. Still drove me round the bend, walking round the house whistling, then standing in silence listening for faint bleeps

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The annoying thing is she remembers and lets me back in rather than leaving me to a slow painful lingering freezing death which is the preferable option.

Don't ask to be let in then. 

It seems so simple. 

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Forgive me if I've got some of the details wrong but do you not build/renovate houses for a fucking living? I'd fit all the doors with locks and never let her near the key.

I repair c***s' houses when they f**k something up. Yes, I am, of course, capable of fitting locks to my doors. No, however, I shan't be doing that. I have two kids for a start, and the authorities take a dim view of locking your kids up. Look what happened to that poor DIY enthusiast from Austria.

21 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I repair c***s' houses when they f**k something up. Yes, I am, of course, capable of fitting locks to my doors. No, however, I shan't be doing that. I have two kids for a start, and the authorities take a dim view of locking your kids up. Look what happened to that poor DIY enthusiast from Austria.

Sorry, I meant the first part as a suggestion that you'd know how radiators work and how to use them most efficiently. I'm still angry after reading that post and it was four hours ago.

7 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Your finger is right on the pulse of current affairs.

True but 5 years and he still never managed to bleed that fucking radiator........

4 minutes ago, sjc said:

True but 5 years and he still never managed to bleed that fucking radiator........

There are folk reading this who literally have no idea what it refers to. Like how Madeleine McCann jokes won't make sense to folk who are 4 today when they are 30.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

There are folk reading this who literally have no idea what it refers to. Like how Madeleine McCann jokes won't make sense to folk who are 4 today when they are 30.

You're an older c**t like me so that's all that matters in this case.