Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

9 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Surely if the phone or the toothbrush aren't plugged into the dock, then they're not using electricity, regardless of the fact that the chargers are plugged in and turned on at the socket? You need to plug the device onto it to complete the circuit.

Apparently they do, but if you keep one switched on for a year it will use the same energy as driving a car for one second. It annoys the f**k out of me when you plug your phone in and come back 2 hours later to find out that some c**t had previously switched off the charger at the wall.

P.S. The transformer in the charger draws 0.25 watts when it's not being used. Meh.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Surely if the phone or the toothbrush aren't plugged into the dock, then they're not using electricity, regardless of the fact that the chargers are plugged in and turned on at the socket? You need to plug the device onto it to complete the circuit.

It's not the point is it?

How lazy to you have to be to not flick that switch off?

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

It's not the point is it?

How lazy to you have to be to not flick that switch off?

In that case, I agree.

My current spouse leaves all the doors open because "it helps the heat circulate when the heating's on". When I incredulously explained to her that that's fucking stupid and closing the doors throughout the house when using the heating is a far quicker, smarter, more efficient and, frankly, the only way to do it, she countered that her dad taught her to do it that way. And she's right enough, he does as well. Leaves all the doors in his house open. Drives me fucking mad. Whenever we visit him I go round and shut the doors to the bedrooms, bathroom etc and he comes along behind me and opens them again without saying anything. Endlessly and silently we play out this passive agressive war of attrition with  no clear victory for either side.

17 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

In that case, I agree.

My current spouse leaves all the doors open because "it helps the heat circulate when the heating's on". When I incredulously explained to her that that's fucking stupid and closing the doors throughout the house when using the heating is a far quicker, smarter, more efficient and, frankly, the only way to do it, she countered that her dad taught her to do it that way. And she's right enough, he does as well. Leaves all the doors in his house open. Drives me fucking mad. Whenever we visit him I go round and shut the doors to the bedrooms, bathroom etc and he comes along behind me and opens them again without saying anything. Endlessly and silently we play out this passive agressive war of attrition with  no clear victory for either side.

You're bound to outlive him and you can close his coffin whilst whispering 'winning'

35 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

In that case, I agree.

The only winner here will be hinge manufacturers. It’s a long game though.

3 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Leaves towels hanging over the corner of open doors rather than on the hangers that I fitted to the back of every door upstairs at her request!!

Is her failure to use the hooks a hint she thinks your DIY was shite?

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

“Oh I’ve just come in so I’ll place my bag and jacket on the back of this chair instead of hanging it up on the fucking coat hook”

Yeah mine doesn't use the shoerack, coathook and also thinks the best place to leave her bag is where I can trip over it with a nice cuppa in my hand.

On the telly chat, the missus will leave the telly on pause whilst she goes out the back for a (sometimes lit off the cooker) fag.  This irritates me immensely even though Im not watching the telly.
Alternatively, she will be looking through the TV guide and then decide to go for a fag, leaving the guide on the screen.  Again, im not watching the telly but it fucking annoys the shit out of me. 

You sure it's not the smoking

23 hours ago, Dee Man said:

My bint closes the doors in the house without turning the handle. Seething. 

Mine opens all doors quickly and instantly lets go of the handle. The hinges on doors of our cars, cupboards, fridge, freezer are all living in terror of her. Getting her telt leads to  meltdowns of epic proportions on a weekly basis.

Buys us a key bowl to put on the coffee table because I "leave them all over" the gaff. 

It's actually pretty handy, as I now know where my keys always are. 

She continues to leave hers in various places around the house, though, and gets into a hissy fit when she can't find her own keys.