Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Mine has the audacity to shout at the bairn (now 9) for leaving a sweetie wrapper in the living room whilst happilying wallowing in her own pile of handbags, coats and general shite.

Mine has a handbag that has more rubbish in it than the average wheelie bin. It's like a tardis of crap and it results in her taking 10 minutes to find the one useful item in it.

And whenever you get asked: " Do you think I've put on weight?", under no circumstances answer that question. Just get your sweet ass out of there like greased lightning. There is no satisfying answer here: even if you say you think she's lost weight, you'll just get the," so you're saying I was fat and needed to lose weight, and then it descends into the usual warzone.  I'll repeat: do NOT answer that question.

1 minute ago, RockMusic said:

And whenever you get asked: " Do you think I've put on weight?", under no circumstances answer that question. Just get your sweet ass out of there like greased lightning. There is no satisfying answer here: even if you say you think she's lost weight, you'll just get the," so you're saying I was fat and needed to lose weight, and then it descends into the usual warzone.  I'll repeat: do NOT answer that question.

giphy.gif

Guest bernardblack

Mrs BB just plain does not understand roundabouts.

“That w****r in the Audi is out of order”

“No no no no no you are in the wrong lane”

Every single time.

Seen somebody mention candles a few pages ago.  Not only do we have candles dotted about the house but we also have a drawer in the living room filled with candles.  The back-up candles that we have in case we somehow go through all the others that we don't use ever.  I don't mind candles but my wife is insistent on this drawer being a candle only drawer because some of them are scented ones. 

Our sideboard in the living room has 2 wide drawers - 1 which is jam packed with odds and ends (chargers, deck of cards, pens etc) and paperwork while the other sits half empty.  I started putting batteries in the candle drawer to make some space and yesterday discovered them wedged in the other drawer which can only now be closed by pushing items down.

Leaving empty cans of juice in the cup holder in the car [emoji34]
Or worse when she leaves a little amount in the can so you can't just launch it in the passenger footwell. I normally find this out straight after I've opened a can for myself.

Mrs BB just plain does not understand roundabouts.

“That w****r in the Audi is out of order”

“No no no no no you are in the wrong lane”

Every single time.

100%.

Maybe its just me....BUT....
Approaching a roundabout....there's 2 lanes approaching the roundabout...
One with an arrow pointing to the left...
The other with a "2 point" arrow pointing straight AND right. By my reckoning that means the left lane goes Left only, and the right lane for straight on and right.
Cue absolute scenes and horns blasting when my wife decides left is straight on, because, "that's what it normally is on most other roundabouts".
Absolute fud, and I very rarely let her drive, ever when we're out somewhere.

42 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

100%.

Maybe its just me....BUT....
Approaching a roundabout....there's 2 lanes approaching the roundabout...
One with an arrow pointing to the left...
The other with a "2 point" arrow pointing straight AND right. By my reckoning that means the left lane goes Left only, and the right lane for straight on and right.
Cue absolute scenes and horns blasting when my wife decides left is straight on, because, "that's what it normally is on most other roundabouts".
Absolute fud, and I very rarely let her drive, ever when we're out somewhere.

Not just confined to your wife mate, the amount of drivers who do this is staggering. Same for those who, in "normal roundabouts" go into the right-hand lane and go straight on when it's a single lane exit.

Falkirk drivers will be familiar with the roundabout at St Mungo's HS which seems to attract the biggest idiots around 

The number of people who think straight ahead is left is unreal. They've even painted giant fucking arrows on the road to make it easy for you.

35 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Falkirk drivers will be familiar with the roundabout at St Mungo's HS which seems to attract the biggest idiots around 

The number of people who think straight ahead is left is unreal. They've even painted giant fucking arrows on the road to make it easy for you.

Ditto the roundabout in Larbert on Bellsdyke Rd, at the top of Foundry Loan.

If you're travelling West on Bellsdyke Rd, going towards the hospital/Glasgow,  left lane is yours. Right lane  is for Outside Inn and the Business park.

Unless you're one of the many, many eejits, who treat a 2 lane round about as a 'straight across',  so start in left, cut over the right, and them go back into the left to leave the roundabout again.

Rips my knitting, so it does.

Going on holiday today. On Wednesday night I got a call to ask if I knew where her passport was. I then got a torrent of abuse for going to Tesco (which is on my way home) before going to help find the passport. Not even 10 minutes after I arrived I had found it, in a perfume drawer. Today, I come out the barbers to a text saying I don't know where my currency card is, do you know? Of course I don't it's not my purse and it's not my card. So I arrive and find the bloody card again. Women always go on about organisational skills. Fucking idiots.