Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Just looked at the last couple of pages of this thread and my wife commits almost all that has been mentioned. Also, she sits half watching the TV glued to her ipad for the entire evening, but the second I pick up my phone I get the: " you're always on that phone", or " why don't you talk to me instead of looking at your phone", or even the ultra hypocritical, " if you're not watching this then we're switching over".  But this thread has made me realise I'm not the only one living with a maniac.

Decides before watching a film without having a clue what it’s about, that she doesn’t like it. Does my fucking tits in.

Sitting down last night to watch blackkklansman, she asked what it was about. Showed the synopsis and she just screwed her face up clearly not interested, muttering that it sounded shit. Spent the first 30 minutes glued to her phone then announced she was going to bed.

Asked this morning if the film was any good as the first half hour was shit, just watch the fucking thing and decide for yourself! I asked her what she didn’t like about the opening half hour and what actually happened in the half hour she seen, surprise surprise, she couldn’t remember what happened. This was mainly down to the fact she hadn’t actually watched any of it.

It was my girlfriend who’d suggested we watch Game of Thrones, I wasn’t interested at first but got into it.

What I didn’t enjoy was having to pause and explain who everyone was, or why this or that had happened.

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

It was my girlfriend who’d suggested we watch Game of Thrones, I wasn’t interested at first but got into it.

What I didn’t enjoy was having to pause and explain who everyone was, or why this or that had happened.

I've seen my wife take an hour and a half to watch one episode of EastEnders due to persistent talking over it and asking me to rewind it so she can actually see/hear it. And sometimes I have to remind the same section twice as she then talks over the rewind. And, needless to say, what she talks about is weapons grade bollocks. Always!

My missus doesn't like when I rewind the telly/film to see or hear what happened when she insists on telling me about the fucking idiots she works with and how they are being fucking idiots.

My missus doesn't like when I rewind the telly/film to see or hear what happened when she insists on telling me about the fucking idiots she works with and how they are being fucking idiots.

Whatever you do, do not ask if she’s ever considered she may be the workplace idiot.

I made that mistake once.

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Whatever you do, do not ask if she’s ever considered she may be the workplace idiot.

I made that mistake once.

Don't get me wrong. The assumptions that these folks are fucking idiots is mine based on the shite they do/put up with.

Phoning me at work when I'm rushing to get closed up and get on the bus, despite knowing I'll have an hour to wait for the next one.

Also has a knack of calling about shite on the rare occasions that the boss is in.

"I just woke up."
"It's midday. That must have been nice for you."
"I'm having <x> for lunch."
"I didn't bring any food and there's nobody to cover for me."
"What are you doing, are you busy?"
"I'm on my own all day and we're mobbed, what do you think?"
"Oh, right. Well, here's what I'm planning to watch on the TV."
<click>

Phoning me at work because she can't find something at home..

I’ve had the angry phone call asking where her stuff is. f**k knows, can be something i haven’t seen in about 3 months, but according to her i was “the last one with it”.

Phoning me at work because she can't find something at home..

Guaranteed a phone call every lunch. For no reason but to tell me she’s just had lunch and what time I’ll be finished.

The same time I usually am funnily enough.

I’ve had the angry phone call asking where her stuff is. f**k knows, can be something i haven’t seen in about 3 months, but according to her i was “the last one with it”.
Its always "but I had it the other day" to which my response is "well you should know where the f**k it is then"

I get the shouty "where have you put them" stuff all the time.

In the interest of fairness I have moved said item but usually I've put it where it belongs. 

She takes her shoes off and leaves them in the middle of the floor. I put them in the shoe rack which seems to be the place she doesn't look for them.

She leaves her coat hanging over the living room door. I put her coat in the cupboard where all the other coats are and once more where she doesn't go to look for it.

We have a 7 month old who needs less looking after than her.

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

I get the shouty "where have you put them" stuff all the time.

In the interest of fairness I have moved said item but usually I've put it where it belongs. 

She takes her shoes off and leaves them in the middle of the floor. I put them in the shoe rack which seems to be the place she doesn't look for them.

She leaves her coat hanging over the living room door. I put her coat in the cupboard where all the other coats are and once more where she doesn't go to look for it.

We have a 7 month old who needs less looking after than her.

This. Every fucking day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Runs the air conditioning all night. It's 19 degrees celsius, but here I am shivering under 2 sheets and a doubled up duvet. Absolute madness.

I recently put a fan light up in the bedroom. To control it you switch the light on as usual and you have 2 cords to control the fan and the light.

The sensible thing to do is leave the light switched on and just control the thing with the 2 cords. That way you don't need to get up from the bed in the middle of the night if you are too hot.

I continuously pull the cord to find she has once more switched off the light switch at the wall next to the door so need to get out of bed and fanny around in the middle of the night.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This. Every fucking day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

She actually gets aggressive with "leave my shit alone".

Seems she would happily live in a midden and actually tells people that I keep putting her stuff away as though I'm some kind of maniac for not wanting to live in a tip.

With having a baby in the house and carrying him around in both arms it's very important we don't have landmines on the floor to trip over as I'm not in the habit of staring at my feet as I wander round with my son.