Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Don’t still get Vauxhall Chevettes? 

My old boy bought a sky blue one of them back in day. 

Absolute bucket of shite.

This was after the 3L Triumph Dolomite, absolute beast of a motor but before the embarrassment of the Renault 6.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

8 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

I drive a lot of hire cars at work and hands down the absolute worst of the lot has been the Crossland * . For some reason as well last year enterprise seemed to only ever send us Crosslands ,heart would sink every time you saw them lined up in the car park, must have had a massive surplus of them . Horrible interior , car feels like it's going to topple over at every turn , terrible UI , absolutely uninspiring from every angle. The Grandland x  is almost bearable to drive for a while , definitely not been Vauxhall's best range which is a shame as some of their Astra's have been cracking fun to drive and the Insignia is a bit of hidden gem as well.  

* Not the actual worst , that has to go to the Duster which I realise bookends this thread pretty well . Only ever had to drive one from Perth to Motherwell and it was easily the worst car journey I've ever had . Nasty interior , gearstick felt like it wasn't even attached to anything and the horrible seat/steering wheel/ handbrake layout nearly undone 2 years of chiropractic work in the space of an hour.  

It does genuinely feel like they have put an astra body on like monster truck style body, way to big and tall given the inside of it is just a normal car.

Speaking of enterprise hire car contracts, boys at my work who had them every week would always ask for an automatic and because they didn't have many in Scotland you would pay for the lowest band at like £40 a day and they would drive about the country in the highest band cars which as almost exclusively auto. Dunno if this hack still works for their corporate contracts.

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

I know f**k all about cars, and had never heard of a "Vauxhall Crossland" before yesterday, when I noticed a random discussion had broken out about how shite they are on an unrelated Reddit thread about something totally innocent and not perverted.

It's not looking good, is it?

pig.jpg.3b0149f5f457c352baff0f087ac8e6e0.jpg

4 hours ago, 101 said:

It does genuinely feel like they have put an astra body on like monster truck style body, way to big and tall given the inside of it is just a normal car.

Speaking of enterprise hire car contracts, boys at my work who had them every week would always ask for an automatic and because they didn't have many in Scotland you would pay for the lowest band at like £40 a day and they would drive about the country in the highest band cars which as almost exclusively auto. Dunno if this hack still works for their corporate contracts.

I tried that at work after a colleague said he always got a Mercedes when he asked for an automatic. I got a shitey plastic noddy car about three foot long and then almost died on the M25 when I absent mindedly tried to change gear and pushed in the “clutch “.

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Don’t still get Vauxhall Chevettes? 

My old boy bought a sky blue one of them back in day. 

Absolute bucket of shite.

This was after the 3L Triumph Dolomite, absolute beast of a motor but before the embarrassment of the Renault 6.

I had the 'pleasure' of being ferried about as a youngster in my old man's sky blue Vauxhall Viva. Tbf with his long hair/beard and home made 'cut off' denim shorts, the car was the least of my credibility concerns.

Picked up the death trap now. Said a sad farewell to my faithful Duster. 

Anyway, it's a Crossland SE. 11,000 miles.

The old boy (I'm assuming he is old based on mileage) who had it before me seems to have taken it to Evans Halshaw in Falkirk for an annual service, and they fleeced him every time. After one year he had done less than 6,000 miles and they got him to change all 4 tyres.