Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Join the club of which I am president. 

Watching Drive to Survive the other night and she was constantly having to stop and rewind bits she missed because she was talking over them. 

"I should stop talking, shouldn't I?"

"Aye, that would be brilliant"

*** TALKS OVER PROGRAMME MINUTES LATER ***

5 minutes ago, HK Hibee said:

Years ago we were binge watching The West Wing and I instituted a rule that she could only ask me 3 questions per episode. Once she used up all 3 questions before the opening credits finished (admittedly one of the questions was ‘can you turn the volume up’

Said to the missus just last night 'Have you not noticed how the questions you talk over the show to ask are often answered while you're talking over the programme to ask the question?'.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It doesn't matter where we are or what we are doing, there's something more important to be looked at on her phone. 

All. The fucking. Time. 

I appreciate she's FAR from being alone in that, but it's deeply annoying. 

My ex was fucking chronic for that, we’d be leaving somewhere in the car and I’d ask her to sort out google maps on the phone.

“2 mins just posting to Instagram” 

Not like we’ve got a 4 hour car journey ahead of us that you could’ve fit that task into. 

Love reading through this thread to appreciate how stress free my life is being single. Only drawback is the frequency of my Nat King but you can’t have everything I suppose

13 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Said to the missus just last night 'Have you not noticed how the questions you talk over the show to ask are often answered while you're talking over the programme to ask the question?'.

Did you enjoy sleeping on the couch?

37 minutes ago, HK Hibee said:

Years ago we were binge watching The West Wing and I instituted a rule that she could only ask me 3 questions per episode. Once she used up all 3 questions before the opening credits finished (admittedly one of the questions was ‘can you turn the volume up’

I’ve instituted a rule whereby I don’t watch anything with a plot with the wife.

Every week I have to rewind The Apprentice because someone’s shoulder pads/lips/eyebrows merited a five minute rant over the bit where he says what they have to do

”……blah blah blah wouldn’t want our girls going out looking like that it’s bloody ridiculous! Anyway what have they got to do?”

*big sigh while reaching for remote*

59 minutes ago, AJF said:

She will say something that I don't quite catch, so I'll ask her to repeat herself which she will do... but at exactly the same pitch and noise level that I couldn't hear her at the first time. Sometimes it'll be worse and she will repeat herself facing away from me (if we are doing the shopping or something and she is walking in front while I push the trolley).

Like, evidently I couldn't hear you the first time, hence the reason I asked you to repeat yourself, so fucking turn round and speak a little louder when you say it again 😂

One benefit of the COVID lockdown for me is that our lass does the big shop on her own now.

Bliss.

4 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

My ex was fucking chronic for that, we’d be leaving somewhere in the car and I’d ask her to sort out google maps on the phone.

Not like we’ve got a 4 hour car journey ahead of us that you could’ve fit that task into. 

Love reading through this thread to appreciate how stress free my life is being single. Only drawback is the frequency of my Nat King but you can’t have everything I suppose

I assumed it would have increased...

14 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I assumed it would have increased...

That was my first though until I reread the post -

18 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

18 hours ago, AJF said:

Sometimes it'll be worse and she will repeat herself facing away from me (if we are doing the shopping or something and she is walking in front while I push the trolley)

This is a pretty specific experience for me. I'll often say. "I can't hear you if you are facing the other way."

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

This is a pretty specific experience for me. I'll often say. "I can't hear you if you are facing the other way."

I'd reckon it's pretty common, I suffer it too.

See also : shouting your name from 3 rooms away and upstairs, speaking to you at normal volume, then getting upset when you point out that you can't hear what's being said.

Me: 'John' (who I've not seen in yonks because he's just moved back up north) has just asked me out for drinks after work in two days time (only time he's free), so can you look after the dog for his dinner tomorrow evening (seeing as you're in anyway) please?"

Her: "I can't, I'm going for drinks with work colleagues then"

Me: "Since when?!"

"This was planned a fortnight ago, I just haven't told you yet".

Which should get trumps? The organisation date, or the 'shotgun'?  One of us is going to have to cancel our plans.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I would normally have though of this as a negative but based on what I've been reading above it's a win for me - the wife potters about from around 7pm to 11pm sorting dinner, dishes, our son, etc etc etc (feck knows what you finds to do for 4+ hours but hey ho) then plops herself down on the sofa and falls asleep after 15 mins max.  Downside is she complains If I start watching a film before she's ready and insists on choosing a film of her liking and we both know she won't get more than 15 minutes into it before she nods off.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose.  

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I would normally have though of this as a negative but based on what I've been reading above it's a win for me - the wife potters about from around 7pm to 11pm sorting dinner, dishes, our son, etc etc etc (feck knows what you finds to do for 4+ hours but hey ho) then plops herself down on the sofa and falls asleep after 15 mins max.  Downside is she complains If I start watching a film before she's ready and insists on choosing a film of her liking and we both know she won't get more than 15 minutes into it before she nods off.

As long as the remote is kept to change channels as soon as she asleep I see no issues here.

25 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Me: 'John' (who I've not seen in yonks because he's just moved back up north) has just asked me out for drinks after work in two days time (only time he's free), so can you look after the dog for his dinner tomorrow evening (seeing as you're in anyway) please?"

Which should get trumps? The organisation date, or the 'shotgun'?  One of us is going to have to cancel our plans.

Go to a pub that allows dogs.

30 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

As long as the remote is kept to change channels as soon as she asleep I see no issues here.

It's a problem because It's too late to start watching a movie by that time or I'll be nodding off half-way through and posting here about myself.  

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Shotgun, clearly.

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Might be a bit radical but have you considered helping her from 7pm? That might cut down the pottering time.

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Might be a bit radical but have you considered helping her from 7pm? That might cut down the pottering time.

Helping your wife in the kitchen never ends well in my experience.