Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

I've never lived alone, but I've been doing the washing for twenty-three years.

Come over and bring your skants, mate; you might as well take advantage too  :rolleyes:

Are you honeydicking me?

22 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Are you saying she only boils enough water for her immediate needs ? If so, she is to be congratulated for her efficient use of energy.

If you, on the other hand, are one of these feckers who boil 2 litres of water for a single cup of tea, you should be thrown into a pit full of wolverines.

I am indeed one of those feckers. 

Lugging stuff up into the attic…”Please just go inside and leave me alone so I can concentrate”…oh no, stand in the bloody doorway, nattering away…result…step through ceiling when distracted…f**k!

26 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Lugging stuff up into the attic…”Please just go inside and leave me alone so I can concentrate”…oh no, stand in the bloody doorway, nattering away…result…step through ceiling when distracted…f**k!

C'mon, get the feckin' photies of your ceiling uploaded.............if only so that Shandon can give you a quote.

8 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

C'mon, get the feckin' photies of your ceiling uploaded.............if only so that Shandon can give you a quote.

The airfare would make it uncompetitive…plus I can patch it, nay bother.

Decides to do all the cleaning and organising she couldn't be arsed doing through the year when i've a week off work so she can go on about how much she's done while i've been watching telly. 

Still, back to work today for me and only another 50 weeks before she breaks sweat again, so nothing to interrupt bargain hunt and programmes about people buying houses. 

I may have mentioned this before but f**k me it is infuriating.

There is this program called "The Hit List". Basically a music intro quiz.

Now with a music intro quiz, the one thing you need is to hear the fucking music intro. f**k knows why but she insists on talking all over the intros or singing the last shite song she recognised for the next 5 mins.

f**k me.

Never throws things out.  Most of the time we replace something it gets sent to her family home even if it's f****d. When I pay my annual visit it's like flashback seeing my old stuff there.  In itself it's OK but being a 'manana' culture it sits in our spare room for a fair while.  Currently, we have a 55" TV (yes, you can turn it down), a portable A/C and a printer awaiting relocation.  The don't have a computer so what in f***s name they need a printer for is beyond me.  I have had 2 recent successes though - a DVD home system was dumped just this Monday (although it didn't make it to the bin lorry as a neighbour took it) and  a shower heater a month back - it didn't heat the water yet the wife said they could use it anyway! 

She says...

2050hrs - That's me away to bed, I'm working the morn and I'm tired already

The reality...

2150hrs - Has been upstairs all of ten minutes, having spent most of the last hour just bumbling about the house, thinking starting half a dozen domestic jobs is more impressive than starting one and finishing it. 

Naturally, now she's made it to bed, she's on fucking Instagram or something. 

Edited by Jimmy Shaker

On 11/01/2023 at 23:30, Busta Nut said:

I may have mentioned this before but f**k me it is infuriating.

There is this program called "The Hit List". Basically a music intro quiz.

Now with a music intro quiz, the one thing you need is to hear the fucking music intro. f**k knows why but she insists on talking all over the intros or singing the last shite song she recognised for the next 5 mins.

f**k me.

Aye. Mine is particularly bad for similar. Seems to forget that TV is an audio-visual medium and that if i'm watching something there's a fair chance I want to actually listen to it as well.

17 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

2050hrs - That's me away to bed, I'm working the morn and I'm tired already

The reality...

20150hrs - Has been upstairs all of ten minutes, having spent most of the last hour just bumbling about the house, thinking starting half a dozen domestic jobs is more impressive than starting one and finishing it. 

Time obviously goes quickly in your house...

On her second lengthy phone call of the night to her pal. 

Highlight of this one was asking me to read out her new phone number she just got today....

Me.....

"Has she got a pen and paper like? Shouldn't I just send her it?

Her....

"No she's out for a walk the now, just wanted to tell her the number"

Me....

"No"

19 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

On her second lengthy phone call of the night to her pal. 

Highlight of this one was asking me to read out her new phone number she just got today....

Me.....

"Has she got a pen and paper like? Shouldn't I just send her it?

Her....

"No she's out for a walk the now, just wanted to tell her the number"

Me....

"No"

If your missus is calling from the new phone, the friend will have the number as it'll now be in the call history.