Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Surely when taking a dump at the same time would be a 3rd? 

Nah, that's 'going for a dump' for which a pee is merely an accessory act, not 'going for a pee' per se.

Edited by Hedgecutter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, HK Hibee said:

Selfish bint never fills the kettle when she is making a cuppa

Are you saying she only boils enough water for her immediate needs ? If so, she is to be congratulated for her efficient use of energy.

If you, on the other hand, are one of these feckers who boil 2 litres of water for a single cup of tea, you should be thrown into a pit full of wolverines.

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Are you saying she only boils enough water for her immediate needs ? If so, she is to be congratulated for her efficient use of energy.

If you, on the other hand, are one of these feckers who boil 2 litres of water for a single cup of tea, you should be thrown into a pit full of wolverines.

Some meddlesome ratbag (unidentified) at my old work used to put a "polite notice" by the kettle to ask people to refill it and boil it after using it. f**k making a cuppa with a multiply boiled jug of concentrated limescale and shortening my skive time. It got poured out, filled a little bit and emptied and not refilled. I binned the sign myself a couple of times and some passive aggressive colleague put up rival signs asking people not to fill and boil the kettle. I'm surpised more people don't go on machine gun rampages at work. 

I was up earlyish on New Year's Day and thought I better get a batch of washing done. Got the clothes in and was halfway through putting in the powder when the bint barges me out of the way before taking all the clothes back out, all the while chuntering something about bad luck.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Some meddlesome ratbag (unidentified) at my old work used to put a "polite notice" by the kettle to ask people to refill it and boil it after using it. f**k making a cuppa with a multiply boiled jug of concentrated limescale and shortening my skive time. It got poured out, filled a little bit and emptied and not refilled. I binned the sign myself a couple of times and some passive aggressive colleague put up rival signs asking people not to fill and boil the kettle. I'm surpised more people don't go on machine gun rampages at work. 

Unattributed message on the sign: "I stopped using the kettle after Jeff* took a shit in it during last year's Christmas party"

Guaranteed enquiry and replacement kettle bought from Argos.

* substitute for a random unpopular former colleague

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I was up earlyish on New Year's Day and thought I better get a batch of washing done. Got the clothes in and was halfway through putting in the powder when the bint barges me out of the way before taking all the clothes back out, all the while chuntering something about bad luck.

Daughter and her boyfriend stayed on Hogmanay, and she came away with this "it's bad luck to do washing on New Year's Day" nonsense when the wife was going to put one on. Never heard of it before in my life.

Obviously utter bollocks made up at some point by some lazy barsteward with a Hogmanay hangover. The wife, to her credit, basically told her to stop talking pish and carried on regardless. 

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Daughter and her boyfriend stayed on Hogmanay, and she came away with this "it's bad luck to do washing on New Year's Day" nonsense when the wife was going to put one on. Never heard of it before in my life.

Obviously utter bollocks made up at some point by some lazy barsteward with a Hogmanay hangover. The wife, to her credit, basically told her to stop talking pish and carried on regardless. 

Weirdly, that came up in conversation with my father this year when I mentioned that I had some washing to put on. I'd never heard it before either.

He said his second wife used to say that it meant that you'd end up doing all the washing for the rest of the year. Maybe it's an English thing?

19 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Weirdly, that came up in conversation with my father this year when I mentioned that I had some washing to put on. I'd never heard it before either.

He said his second wife used to say that it meant that you'd end up doing all the washing for the rest of the year. Maybe it's an English thing?

I did some washing on New Year's Day and can confirm that I will indeed be doing all the washing for the rest of the year.

Of course that's because I live alone.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I did some washing on New Year's Day and can confirm that I will indeed be doing all the washing for the rest of the year.

Of course that's because I live alone.

I've never lived alone, but I've been doing the washing for twenty-three years.

Come over and bring your skants, mate; you might as well take advantage too  :rolleyes: