Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

I tend to do most of our food shopping so OH will generally just let me know if there's anything particular required. I don't eat meat, OH does but I'll buy it and cook it no probs.

Occasionally I'll be asked to get a packet of fresh chicken breasts, pork loins or similar which inevitably get flung in the freezer after spending days in the fridge. 

We're then forced into some serious batch cooking when the pack finally gets defrosted again, or I get moaned at because there's nothing to have for tea. <_<

14 hours ago, Rizzo said:

I tend to do most of our food shopping so OH will generally just let me know if there's anything particular required. I don't eat meat, OH does but I'll buy it and cook it no probs.

Occasionally I'll be asked to get a packet of fresh chicken breasts, pork loins or similar which inevitably get flung in the freezer after spending days in the fridge. 

We're then forced into some serious batch cooking when the pack finally gets defrosted again, or I get moaned at because there's nothing to have for tea. <_<

Why do they not split the pack up? Flinging full packs of stuff like that into the freezer (unless it's to feed a family) is madness!

Insists on watching the last 2 episodes of a series, meaning we didn't go to bed until about midnight, insisting she'd get up with the kids.

Kids came in 20 minutes ago; "I'll be down in a minute" said she.

Naturally she's now snoring away again while I prepare to drag myself downstairs to sort breakfast. Good job I love her really.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I wasn't sure if there was an additional point about being asked to pick up food that they then seemingly forget about / can't be arsed cooking

My main irritatance is that it makes no sense to fire a pack of 4 chicken breasts in the freezer when only one person in our household actually eats them.

Normally I'll cook up a vegetable curry or something with fresh veg each week. If there's chicken or beef or something in the fridge then I'll cook that so that there's a veggie dish and a meat dish.

Difficult to do when the meat is all in a big frozen block at the bottom of a freezer drawer and the culprit then has a moan about tea being a veggie affair 9 times out of 10. Tbf the moaning is a bit tongue in cheek but considering I bought some reusable freezer bags for this very purpose the habit of firing big packs of meat in the freezer infuriates me.

11 hours ago, Rizzo said:

My main irritatance is that it makes no sense to fire a pack of 4 chicken breasts in the freezer when only one person in our household actually eats them.

That’s more of a moan at the seller, IMHO. I found that Walmart here sells a five pack of individually wrapped chicken breasts, and think it’s genius. The price per piece is pretty close to buying a two or four pack, but the ease of being able to put a couple in the fridge and freeze the rest is sweet, and reaching into the freezer and whipping out one or two wrapped individual breast is an indescribable feeling of victory. I usually don’t mind buying the big pack of meat and dividing/wrapping/freezing it, but chicken is messy as all hell.

20 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Normally I'll cook up a vegetable curry or something with fresh veg each week. If there's chicken or beef or something in the fridge then I'll cook that so that there's a veggie dish and a meat dish.

Difficult to do when the meat is all in a big frozen block at the bottom of a freezer drawer and the culprit then has a moan about tea being a veggie affair 9 times out of 10. Tbf the moaning is a bit tongue in cheek but considering I bought some reusable freezer bags for this very purpose the habit of firing big packs of meat in the freezer infuriates me.

Just eat meat, problem solved.

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

That’s more of a moan at the seller, IMHO. I found that Walmart here sells a five pack of individually wrapped chicken breasts, and think it’s genius. The price per piece is pretty close to buying a two or four pack, but the ease of being able to put a couple in the fridge and freeze the rest is sweet, and reaching into the freezer and whipping out one or two wrapped individual breast is an indescribable feeling of victory. I usually don’t mind buying the big pack of meat and dividing/wrapping/freezing it, but chicken is messy as all hell.

Ah but has it been chlorinated?

She's the only one who really drives our car. She came home from work on Friday and told me a warning light had come on to do with low pressure in the rear offside tyre. I checked it and it was a lot lower than the other three tyres. 

Stuck it into Kwik Fit this morning ( I know but they're the only garage open on a Sunday in Falkirk) to get the tyre repaired/replaced. 

Somehow its my driving that must have caused cracks in all 4 tyres meaning all need replaced

42 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

She's the only one who really drives our car. She came home from work on Friday and told me a warning light had come on to do with low pressure in the rear offside tyre. I checked it and it was a lot lower than the other three tyres. 

Stuck it into Kwik Fit this morning ( I know but they're the only garage open on a Sunday in Falkirk) to get the tyre repaired/replaced. 

Somehow its my driving that must have caused cracks in all 4 tyres meaning all need replaced

Should've waited for Ace Tyres on Monday. 

On 02/12/2022 at 14:11, microdave said:

I do that simply because I'm able to walk there and back. Others might struggle but not be bad enough to have a blue badge. I'd rather they had a space closer to the shop.

Isn't it more that you a regular visitor to the bottle bank and parking close to it means much less embarrassing 'chink-chink' time ? 😉

5 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

I call bullsh*t , no woman would ever say that ! 

8 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

I expect your next post to be from inside Carstairs Secure Unit due to having no other clear option in life.